STR - DH810 Sony Receiver - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-23-2012, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi. I'm having a problem with the sound cutting out intermittently as I'm watching TV. The sound is fine for about 20-40 seconds, and then cuts out. As it cuts out, the receiver reads "Dolby Digital [3/2.1]. It only cuts out for like 1 or 2 seconds, but it happens at least once a minute, so it's pretty annoying.

This took place before I changed cable companies. Now that I have switched companies, some channels not only cut out audio, but also video. Overall, all the channels with the old and the new company cut out audio this way.

One other thing to note, when I had the previous cable company the receiver would read "LPCM 48" instead of "Dolby Digital [3/2.1]".

My set up is basically as follows: All my components are hooked up into the receiver. I have a HDMI connection from the receiver to the TV. The cable box uses a HDMI connection to the receiver.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm not sure if I have a setting wrong somewhere or what's going on. I just know that it's even worse now that we switched to the new cable company.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 10:32 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 19
are you using a Sony/Sony recommended cable?

my HT