Front Height, Front Wide Question Pioneer SC-67 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 12-24-2012, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am curious to know if my receiver is defective or not because, When I'm using DTS Neo:X I enable Front height and Wide with Speaker A-B but I only hear sound out my heights and non from the wides. I have 9.1 Plus FH/FW selected in Speaker Setup and all 11 speakers connected and when I select B only for Wide it works, but no heights. I have also connected a 2-Channel Amplifier to the Heights for Speaker A-B and have just the wides connected to the receiver for 11-channels since it only has 9 amps and still only get heights. It seems like it really is one or the other, but my question is, why would the option for dual Speaker A-B (FH/FW) as an option and it only puts put heights and not wide even with external amplification? It seems like a defect to me, can someone please elaborate or confirm this for me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-24-2012, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Unless your Elite is different than mine (VSX 52) you cant do both wide and height.

edit: Page 19 and 20 of your manual says it is not possible to produce sound simultaneously from the front height and the front wide speakers.
post #3 of 7 Old 12-26-2012, 10:25 PM - Thread Starter

No I am using an Elite SC-67 and it clearly stipulates on page 78 of the manual that sound will be put out to both A+B Speakers and Subwoofer. It seems that when both sets are enabled and Dts: Neo X is going, it only puts out sound to the heights. It never once " switches " to the wides or even duplicates the sound like it says in the manual. Can someone please tell me if they get sound with both enabled in NeoX because I am ready to return this receiver if that can not work out.
post #4 of 7 Old 12-27-2012, 12:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 146
You may want to move this over to the SC 68 official thread or MCACC to get more responses.

Klipsch RF 7 based HT 7.4, Pioneer SC 35, Acurus 200 Five, Dayton 18 Ultimxa Dual Sub Cab(2), Dayton 18 Ultimax Large Vented Sub Cab (2), on Berhinger I Nuke DPS amps, Samsung BDP F 7500, Asus/My Book Live HPC 4 TB

Yaquin VK 2100 amp, McIntosh XR 5 speakers, Samsung BDP F 7500
post #5 of 7 Old 12-30-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocluvr92 View Post

No I am using an Elite SC-67 and it clearly stipulates on page 78 of the manual that sound will be put out to both A+B Speakers and Subwoofer. It seems that when both sets are enabled and Dts: Neo X is going, it only puts out sound to the heights. It never once " switches " to the wides or even duplicates the sound like it says in the manual. Can someone please tell me if they get sound with both enabled in NeoX because I am ready to return this receiver if that can not work out.

Are you saying the sound being output from B is different from A? The manual clearly says whatever is output to B will be the same as what is output to A, and that multichannel sources will be downmixed to 2 channels. And to repeat my earlier point, you can have height OR wide, but not both. This is also stipulated in your manual in several places. Specifically on page 78, whether it plays through height or wide will depend on the source.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-02-2013, 06:14 PM

I have the same problem too with front height and front wide, already choose DTS NEO X but only hear sound out my heights and non from the wides, if i have choose DTS Surond Wide only hear sound out my wides and non from the heights, I am using Pioneer SC 68 too.
post #7 of 7 Old 01-22-2013, 02:09 PM

OK guys. I looked in the manual for your receiver...and as I thought you cannot use both height and wide channels at the same time.

Page 19 in speaker setup says "It is not possible to produce sound simultaneously from the front height speakers and the front wide speakers".
Page 78 talking about setup says SP: FH/FW ON - Front height or front wide channels are added...and switched automatically according to the audio input signal.

Also, on page 58 it says:
*NeoX Cinema: Up to 9.1 channel sound (surround back and front height OR surround back and front wide)" (emphasis mine).

Hope that helps.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page