Denon AVR-3312ci (NIB... but private party so no warranty) vs AVR-2113ci from authorized dealer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-27-2012, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking at the AVR-2113ci for $650ish from an authorized dealer but just saw someone local selling an AVR-3312ci they claim was never setup for $100 less (might be able to offer even less) than a new 2113... I'm assuming the warranty would not exist on the 3312 but I'm wondering if I'd be better off buying it. The main features I need include playing audio files from a networked PC to the main zone and zone 2 and I don't anticipate using airplay. Is the 3112 better especially considering I'd be saving $100+ or is not having a warranty a big mistake?

Thanks,
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-27-2012, 10:30 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked: 1374
More than likely as long as you can get the original receipt from the seller, you can still get the unit repaired under warranty if required, however, the issue that exists with the XX12 models if you ever should decide to use Airplay is that when Airplay is selected to play in Zone 2, it must also be selected to play in the main zone as well whereas the XX13 models don't have this issue and can play Airplay independently to Zone 2 (after first selecting it in the main zone). Note this issue does not apply to other network audio (eg. Pandora, SiriusXM, internet radio) on either model.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 4 Old 12-27-2012, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 50
As a side note, I was in a similar dilemma recently, considering between a Marantz SR5006/6006 (eq to Denon 3312) versus private seller deals on ebay for the latest 2012 models. I finally decided to go the route of buying a refurbished Denon 3313CI from Accessories4Less, an authorized Denon/Marantz dealer for about the same price as the last year models I was considering. Having bought it from an authorized dealer, I got a year's worth of warranty (vs. 3-yr warranty for a new, non-refurb model), but paying for it using my American Express extends the warranty for a second year for free. So, I got a refurb receiver of this year's lineup with 2yr warranty, for close to eBay/private seller prices that won't have any warranty. Maybe you could explore a similar option. $100 might not be that big a deal for the peace of mind of choosing the latest model with some kind of warranty - especially if you are like me and hold on to your receivers for close to 4-5 years.

Good luck anyway you choose to go.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-27-2012, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the informative responses. I'll look into refurbed units and it also appears that there are great deals from time to time if I keep my eyes open since I'm not in a huge hurry. Do MP3's (or other formats) stored on a networked PC or servcer have the same zone 2 capabilities as Pandora? Can I play them in zone 2 while listening to something else in zone 1?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr3312ci Receiver , Denon Avr 2113ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page