Pioneer VSX-521-K Issues....help needed. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-28-2012, 08:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, would appreciate some assistance as i am a newbie! I have a Pioneer VSX-521-K and have all set up correctly as far as cables and wiring. The issues I have encountered so far are the following:

1. I run the MCACC auto setup and during setup i hear all the speakers and the subwoofer makes a low rumbling test noise and I get no errors at the completion of the MCACC. When i switch back to say Cable box input and listen to a tv show or movie, the subwoofer turns off as it receives no signal or activity. I believe I need to go back to the MCACC and go to manual set up and check and set the two front speakers to small or verify that they are set to small. Am i correct?

2. I have run all my components, cable, dvd through my reciever and noticed that i get audio breaking when i am watching cable tv and have audio going out through my receiver. My cable box is plugged into my receiver via an HDMI cable and also from my receiver to my tv is through HDMI cable. I have a simple dvd player plugged into my receiver using the red green blue cables and an audio red and white cable providing audio from dvd to receiver. The cable feed causes audio breakage. Is there a setting I need to change on the receiver or cable box to cause no breakage on the audio?

3. Last issue is volume. I really have to crank up the volume to about 55 or 60 to get a comfortable sound when watching/listening to anything coming out of the dvd/cable box. In tuner mode volume set at 40 is nice and comfortable. Not sure what issue is, my friend has same receiver and when his volume is at 45 it sounds very loud regardless what input he is listening to.

If anyone can be of assistance, I would appreciate it. After work today I think I will reset the receiver to factory settings and run through the MCACC setup again and do a Manual check of the speaker settings to see if that resolves the issue of the subwoofer and low volume issue. Also, does anyone know where I can set/check the LFE settings on the MCACC Setup?

Thank you for all the assistance, much appreciated.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 521 K 5 1 Home Theater Receiver Glossy Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page