Pioneer VSX-521-k / 821-k / 921-k / 1021-k - Power-On problems? - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 61 Old 10-14-2014, 01:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Pioneer VSX 521 K

Hi guys!

I bought a Pioneer VSX 521K. Worked fine for 6 months, then it shut itself off. Took it back to the shop, got it repaired with a note saying that defects like this one are usually not covered by the guarantee, That defect in the shop's opinion was caused by a faulty speaker connection (included a pic of how to connect speakers correctly, hahaha). I have a Denon amplifier which is 10 years old and never showed that problem with the same (BOSE Acoustimass 5) speakers. Anyway, took the Pioneer home, connected it, switched it on, bang, switched itself off again. Back to the shop, same repair, same stupid note. Guess what happened next? Only connected it back a few weeks later, same thing again. By then my warranty of 1 WHOLE YEAR had expired. Now it's in a repair shop. The guy there said that I cannot just use any loudspeakers with any device...Of course, I am not using speakers with ten times the power as the amplifier. The Pioneer is more powerful than my old Denon, so again, another stupid suggestion. Well, lets see how much it will cost me. Probably not worth it.

thsthx1138a, you seemed to have gotten close to an answer. Any luck? Not that I can do much as I am not an electronics expert/repairman. My guess is that I will have to cut my losses, sell the device for parts and use a brand that is worth my money.

What happened to the olden days when you bought a product, took it home, switched it on and enjoyed it for years to come? I imagine they provide only a limited lifetime for those devices in order to maintain the product turnover. i.e. have us buy new products at regular intervals, but not even making it out of a 1 year warranty? Pioneer probably changed the warranty from 2 years to 1 when complaints started to flood in about that particular series.

Anyway, good look to all. Good to know one is not alone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 521 K 5 1 Home Theater Receiver Glossy Black

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page