Pioneer VSX-521-k / 821-k / 921-k / 1021-k - Power-On problems? - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 100 Old 02-07-2016, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
VSX 822 no power

Which fuse is the correct fuse for the VSX 822?
In an earlier message you stated that it was white ceramic.
The fuse inside mine is clear glass a T6.3AL250V, but I bought it used on Amazon, so I wonder if there was a problem and the fuse was replaced incorrectly. My system worked fine mostly. I could not get digital optical to work. One day the power quit, and nothing. Fuses are cheap and easy, but I want to use the correct one.
The T6.3A250V is white ceramic. I am not savvy enough to know the difference it would make if any.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 100 Old 02-21-2016, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
VSX-521

Has anyone had any luck doing a reset of the system?
I was told by Pioneer support to press "band" and "power" at the same time.
This brings up "reset?" in the display.
Then press the Auto Surround and ALC button at the same time, and then I get "Ok?"

Which seems to be some type of confirmation on if you want to reset the unit.
Pioneer will not answer back my emails, and I'm getting no help on what to do to confirm.
If I put the Auto Surround and the ALC button again, nothing.
Any other button, nothing. Has anyone done this reset, and what I need to confirm?

I'm having a whole bunch of issues with this unit. Sometimes I can not power the unit down, the exact opposite of what I've read here. Even after unplugging the unit and plugging it back in. I can't use the power button to power it down. There are issues with the audio from the TV not coming through. No hiss, or static or anything when the radio tuner is on, just dead.

I bought this unit a few years ago, had to put it in storage for a couple of years since I moved out of the country.
I might have had a few hours of usage out of it prior to putting it in storage.
Now that I'm back, and took it out, its looks like its not working. I'm totally considering never to buy a Pioneer again.
post #93 of 100 Old 02-21-2016, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codymonster View Post
VSX-521

Has anyone had any luck doing a reset of the system?
I was told by Pioneer support to press "band" and "power" at the same time.
This brings up "reset?" in the display.
Then press the Auto Surround and ALC button at the same time, and then I get "Ok?"

Which seems to be some type of confirmation on if you want to reset the unit.
Hi Codymonster, using the buttons on the receiver
1. Switch receiver into Standby

2. While holding down "Band", press and hold "Standby/On" for about two seconds

3 When you see RESET? appear in the display, press "Auto Surround/Stream Direct"

4. OK? show in the display

5. Press "ALC/Standard Surr" to confirm

6. OK appears in the display to indicate that receiver has been reset to factory settings
post #94 of 100 Old 02-21-2016, 08:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
Hi Codymonster, using the buttons on the receiver
1. Switch receiver into Standby

2. While holding down "Band", press and hold "Standby/On" for about two seconds

3 When you see RESET? appear in the display, press "Auto Surround/Stream Direct"

4. OK? show in the display

5. Press "ALC/Standard Surr" to confirm

6. OK appears in the display to indicate that receiver has been reset to factory settings
Thanks JChin....
Any clue why the unit can not power down? I press the power/standby button.. nothing. Usually you hear the "click" of the unit and it shuts down. But nothing..
post #95 of 100 Old 03-24-2016, 09:20 PM

startup problem with my Pioneer VSX-321 reciver

Dear Friends,

I am having a startup problen with my Pioneer home theatre VSX-321 receiver. Everytime I am switching on my receiver it is giving a click sound but there is no display comming. I have tried pressing the standby + the surround as well as sdandby + Band but nothing happned. It is simply not starting up. Please help.
post #96 of 100 Old 04-14-2016, 03:34 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I fixed the POWEROFF problem with my VSX-305. The main blue relay had a cold solder joint. It's the relay that clicks after powering on. After resoldering the joint it never shut off again.
post #97 of 100 Old 05-30-2016, 08:32 AM

Hi,

I have a VSX-522 and have been having the same shutting down right after powering it on ever since I bought it fairly much.
The force power on always worked, but sometimes it would require a few times before it stayed on.
It has never shut down once it powered up properly.
When I looked in the error log, it is all DC errors.
I tried the reset, and this seemed to work for a day maybe - or maybe it was because everything was already on? But it seemed ok.
Next day it started doing the same thing again.

After reading here that someone found it to be a dry solder join I thought it's worth a look, so I took it apart to have a look. I couldn't find any bad joins, but it occurred to me that it seemed to power up ok if it was the first thing powered on, and since I have everything running through hdmi it may be that board. So I disconnected it's daughter boards and flipped it over for a look. All looked fine here as well, so I just put it all back together, and plugged it all back in. Did the reset again, and went through the whole setup procedure and speaker test. I then made sure the tv and ps4 was not allowing any hdmi control etc as well.

It's working perfectly now. I mean I can turn it on and off whether anything else is on or not.

Just thought I would share in case it helps others. I think this hdmi board is quite sensitive, and either wasn't seated properly or reacts badly to hdmi link control.
post #98 of 100 Old 05-30-2016, 05:32 PM

Know what? Forget all that up there.
It did work. On, off as many times as I liked, with everything else on or off, yesterday.
Not today. No sir. Gone back to being an annoying pain in the butt. Just took 6 times trying the standby/adv surround before it stayed on.
About ready to throw this receiver in the bin.
post #99 of 100 Old 06-03-2016, 11:21 AM

Talking Worked Like a Charm!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagisPL View Post
For those who have problem with turning ON Pioneer VSX (like I do) i found another VERY useful key combination
POWER / STANDBY + ADV. SURROUND for 5 sec. - it will restart processor - it is working for me.

My VSX420 was shutting down after 3-5 sec after powering it on. Then I use that combination that I found in deep internet

I hope that it will help for some of You.
I called the shop where I bought this and a few other repair shops and no one could help me with my Pioneer VSX-43, it just popped one night when I turned it on and it was dead, except for a blue hdmi light. I was about to throw it away because the shop stated there would be a $100.00 bench fee, and then he did not know what it would cost after that. I tried the Power/Standby button + ADV Surround for 5 seconds and it reset. Works perfectly!!

Thank you
post #100 of 100 Old 07-22-2016, 04:24 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A few months ago my right channel started cutting in and out on my VSX-822-K, I replaced the right channel relay and all seemed ok.
A few days ago (after being out of town for a week) the right channel is not working again, but this time I cannot get it to work. There are no error codes. Could you point me in the direction to test things and find out if the transistors need to be replaced?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 521 K 5 1 Home Theater Receiver Glossy Black