NuForce DDA-100 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-28-2012, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
i just read an extremely favorable review of this amp in Absolute Sound and just ordered one from Amazon. I wondered if anyone here has tried this amp yet. It appears to use very unique technology, using the digital signal to directly control the output transistors, eliminating the need for a DAC. More technical details here:

http://www.nuforce.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=306&Itemid=370

Mine should be here next week and I'll post my impressions. I'll use it to power a pair of Golden Ear Triton 2's. Since the Triton's have a built in powered subwoofer, 50 watts should be more than enough. I've tried a cheap Chinese KT-88 tube amp with the Tritons as well as a Emotiva solid state amp. I loved the 3D soundstaging of the tube amp, but high frequencies were very rolled off. The Emotiva had a neutral frequency response, but the soundstage is quite a bit flatter than with the tube amp.

MIKE

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.
--H. L. Mencken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-09-2013, 10:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I picked one up as well. I'm really impressed with it. I've got it driving a pair of Magnepan MG12's in stands with an Outlaw Audio sub. The sub was a bit tricky to integrate with it. I had to run a second speaker cable back to the sub and use the high level inputs. After getting my SPL meter out and trimming the sub back in, the amp came alive. The sound stage is comparable to my big rig DAC but the clarity seems to be just a bit better then my expensive setup. I'm quite surprised at how natural it sounds. It sounds very analog to me and reminds me my youth in the late 70's with my turntable. I'm tempted to keep this in the rack as my daily driver. Music is very engaging with this amp. I posted a reply to in another thread that may have been your's so this might be a repeat. I stopped posting in that other thread because I was attacked by other members that were down right rude. I think these new digital input amps are the real deal.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page