1Likes

post #421 of 432 Old 08-16-2014, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman9270 View Post
An echo? There's something else going on there. Have you run MCACC?
Yes..I did run the mcacc. I should rephrase by saying its more like a slight delay in the l/r channels making dialogue difficult to understand at times. Basically dialogue is not as clear when coming from all 3 speakers. If I could isolate dialogue to just the center channel, that would solve the issue. I'm using Polk monitor 60's for l/r and Polk CS2 for center.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 432 Old 08-18-2014, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardy View Post
Yes..I did run the mcacc. I should rephrase by saying its more like a slight delay in the l/r channels making dialogue difficult to understand at times. Basically dialogue is not as clear when coming from all 3 speakers. If I could isolate dialogue to just the center channel, that would solve the issue. I'm using Polk monitor 60's for l/r and Polk CS2 for center.
I don't know what other options you should take. Maybe check your speaker wire condition/connections? Could be a problem with your AVR. Have you called Pioneer about this yet? If/when you do, can you share your experience and the remedy?

There are never failures, only challenges.
post #423 of 432 Old 08-28-2014, 08:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 23
SC65 - Sub out question : can i use only 1 sub out with a Y cable when using 2 subs instead of using both sub outs ??
post #424 of 432 Old 08-28-2014, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyc1 View Post
SC65 - Sub out question : can i use only 1 sub out with a Y cable when using 2 subs instead of using both sub outs ??
Yes. I do that with my speakers.
randyc1 likes this.
post #425 of 432 Old 10-01-2014, 10:03 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Wishful thinking....but can this receiver be upgraded to decode Dolby Atmos with a firmware update?
post #426 of 432 Old 10-03-2014, 03:21 PM

No, it can't. Will have to go to the most current model, SC-85 and higher.

post #427 of 432 Old 11-05-2014, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
LOVE my SC-65! I've had it for awhile, and can't believe the sound that comes out of it.

However... I'm trying to get my entire music and video collection digitized. Data is stored on a WHS box, and using DVDFab 9.1x to digitize DVD's. Regular DVD's, and passing through audio is working. I'm struggling with BluRay and the connection between the Media PC and SC65.

Here is the ASRock H97M-ITX MB in the Media PC with Win7 Home. I don't believe WHS is impacting anything.
{link deleted due to low post count... Add the usual prefix to this to see the MB specs; .microcenter.com/product/433109/H97M-ITX_1150_mITX_Intel_Motherboard

Right now I have both HDMI and optical running between the PC and receiver. Sometimes it will use opt, sometimes HDMI. Tried Total Media Player, Windows Media Player (with the stupid virus laden codec), and Media Player Classic.

One BR disk, checking the meta data (don't recall the program, but it provided a lot of detail), showed it as six channel DTS. When it was ripped, it was done AVI with audio pass through. Playing the same disk on DVD player, SC65 indicated DTS HD, and it sounded every bit of HD.

I can not get the BR disk to play on the PC at all. Neither WMP nor classic with play it at all. Total media plays it, but without sound.

I'm definitely missing something here, as this should not be this difficult. I know I can rip to AC3 5.1 and it sounds great, but the original is better.

I'm pretty sure the SC65 is connected properly, but the PC and it are not playing nice. Will an add on video/sound card help resolve some of this issue? What price point is the best value or even which product? How about players, what requires the least amount of "help" to play right. WF is also an issue here, if it's too complicated to operate, I'll hear about it
post #428 of 432 Old 11-06-2014, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
This site ROCKS

SC-65 is working just fine. Turns out it was both hardware and software issues.
post #429 of 432 Old Yesterday, 03:12 PM

Current Setup:
AVR: Pioneer Elite SC-65
Fronts: Definitive Technology BP8060ST
Center: Definitive Technology CS8040HD
Surrounds: Definitive Technology Pro Monitor 1000 Bookshelf
Sub1: Definitive Technology SC-2000 (Elevated to ear level. Located behind seating)
Sub2: SVS SB-2000 (Final position TBD, currently in front stage)
Room Size: ~2800 cubic feet

At one time, I used both Sub outputs on my AVR to signal the SC-2000 sub and 8060ST woofers(SC-2000 located behind listening position.).

Since then, I have a new speaker configuration with only Sub Output 1 connected to the SC-2000. The BP8060ST's are connected with speaker wire only and are set as LARGE. I have enjoyed this configuration but want to see if I can get a little more.

I have heard nothing but great things about other sub brands and how I'm missing out on LFE performance with my current sub configuration. I saw a great deal on an SVS SB-2000 sub and I jumped on it. At the very least I would confirm if there really is a significant difference in LFE quality/quantity.

1. I changed no settings on the AVR and placed the SVS SB-2000 in the same elevated, rear position as my SC-2000. I set the gain control to the 1 o'clock position(just like my SC-2000), Phase set to 0 and LPF at LFE. I couldn't tell the difference.

2. I moved the SVS SB-2000 to the front stage. I accidentally went into the channel level settings and heard something strange. When the left/front channel was highlighted, it gave the tone in the left/front channel HOWEVER, it also pushed the tone to my DT SC-2000 sub. ???? The DT SC-2000 sub is connected to Sub Output 1. Does anyone know why this would happen?
- Also to note: When I selected the SW channel, ONLY the SVS SB-2000 sub (connected to Sub Output 2) sounded off. ????

3. So, I just went ahead and ran Full Auto MCACC. That was almost a big mistake. It set my fronts and surrounds as LARGE with the crossover set at 150Hz. LOL. I have NEVER received these results before with this AVR. Maybe because this is the first time I've run it with the elevated sub behind the listening position?

4. So, after those results, I went into the Manual SP setup and readjusted my settings. I set the fronts and surrounds to small with an 80Hz crossover setting. I turned up all of the speakers with woofer gains up to 1 o'clock.

I can hear the DT SC-2000 sub but can barely hear the SVS SB-2000 still. I do feel like every once in a while that sucker(SVS SB-2000) kicks in with a subtle, yet powerful thud. Must be the frequencies I cannot hear with the DT SC-2000?

Look, I am almost completely at a loss and I need some help. I feel that the issues I noted in #2 are the problem, but I don't know. Has anyone else had this issue? Am I worrying about nothing? Is this expected? Is there anything I'm missing/not doing? I really appreciate the help.

post #430 of 432 Old Yesterday, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Hello,

I have a question. Looking to get a new receiver, but came across this ad on Craigslist for a Pioneer Elite SC65 and he wants $600 obo. Didn't know if it was a good price or what I should offer. Also, with holiday sales coming up maybe I should hold out.

Lastly, there is a store not far from me that has the Denon x3100 for $750, which was a bit high for me but seems like a nice deal.

Any suggestions or advice?

My specs:
Size of room: 21' wide, 13' from couch to screen, 8' high.
TV: Benq W1070 Projector

Speakers: 2- Pioneer Andrew Jones: SP-FS52-LR's, 2- Pioneer Andrew Jones: SP-BS22-LR's. No center speaker at the moment. Was in the process of returning the whole Andrew Jones set (returned the center and subwoofer) and ended up getting stuck with these (long story). Looking for replacements and probably selling these.

Subwoofer: SVS PC12-NSD - It's still brand new in the box and have not opened it yet. Had it for a month, but I can't hook it up with a receiver now. Got it on sale for $499 new and couldn't pass it up, but it took weeks to get it.

Receiver: None. Had a Harman Kardon AVR 1710 a few weeks ago, but the HDMI went out within a month, so back to Amazon it went. Now I am back to the drawing board on on which receiver to get.

Thanks!

-Nap
post #431 of 432 Old Today, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by napski View Post
Hello,

I have a question. Looking to get a new receiver, but came across this ad on Craigslist for a Pioneer Elite SC65 and he wants $600 obo. Didn't know if it was a good price or what I should offer. Also, with holiday sales coming up maybe I should hold out.

Lastly, there is a store not far from me that has the Denon x3100 for $750, which was a bit high for me but seems like a nice deal.

Any suggestions or advice?

My specs:
Size of room: 21' wide, 13' from couch to screen, 8' high.
TV: Benq W1070 Projector

Speakers: 2- Pioneer Andrew Jones: SP-FS52-LR's, 2- Pioneer Andrew Jones: SP-BS22-LR's. No center speaker at the moment. Was in the process of returning the whole Andrew Jones set (returned the center and subwoofer) and ended up getting stuck with these (long story). Looking for replacements and probably selling these.

Subwoofer: SVS PC12-NSD - It's still brand new in the box and have not opened it yet. Had it for a month, but I can't hook it up with a receiver now. Got it on sale for $499 new and couldn't pass it up, but it took weeks to get it.

Receiver: None. Had a Harman Kardon AVR 1710 a few weeks ago, but the HDMI went out within a month, so back to Amazon it went. Now I am back to the drawing board on on which receiver to get.

Thanks!

-Nap
Thats a good price for this AVR. Read about the auto calibration software before buying though. Pioneer Elites have MCACC. They use one crossover for all speakers and do not eq anything under 63Hz.

post #432 of 432 Old Today, 12:35 AM

Ok... So I did additional troubleshooting and found that my main zone sub output 2 is not sending a signal. I've been looking for solutions to turn the signal on but haven't found anything. Anyone have any suggestions?

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Elite Sc 65 9 2 Channel Thx Select 2 Plus A V Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page