Official Pioneer Elite SC-65/SC-1527-K Owners Thread. - Page 16 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #451 of 484 Old 08-24-2015, 12:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm thinking about purchasing a Pioneer SC-1527-K for $500 and would like to know if it's still worth it.
I currently have a Yamaha RX-A720, Polk RTi10's fronts, Polk CSi3 center, Polk RTi4's surrounds.
The RX-A720 is 90 wpc and only 1 YPAO measurement. I generally like this receiver. However, the Pioneer has many features, like THX, more power (I think) and many more (too many to list).
Is the Pioneer worth switching to and give up my Yamaha?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 484 Old 08-30-2015, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
does ARC support 5.1 dolby digital or only 2.0 stereo? on the sc-1527-k model.
post #453 of 484 Old 08-30-2015, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade from an old, old sc-25. Is there any news about new products, with support for HDMI 2.0a etc?

Thanks.
post #454 of 484 Old 08-30-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdigs View Post
does ARC support 5.1 dolby digital or only 2.0 stereo? on the sc-1527-k model.
As far as i remember, the ARC is supposed to support 5.1. Yep, i'm correct, found a link for you:
/threads/sound-bar-hdmi-arc-any-advantage-over-optical.1785111
you need to add avsforumsdotcom in front of it.

No hd audio formats are supported, but dolby digital, dts, PCM are indeed supported.
post #455 of 484 Old 08-30-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy1971 View Post
I'm thinking about purchasing a Pioneer SC-1527-K for $500 and would like to know if it's still worth it.
I currently have a Yamaha RX-A720, Polk RTi10's fronts, Polk CSi3 center, Polk RTi4's surrounds.
The RX-A720 is 90 wpc and only 1 YPAO measurement. I generally like this receiver. However, the Pioneer has many features, like THX, more power (I think) and many more (too many to list).
Is the Pioneer worth switching to and give up my Yamaha?
Thanks.
Erm, if you're not upgrading to speakers which are lower than 6 ohm in resistance, then you may have more options. Check out Marantz 5009 on accessories4less. They're selling it for $500 (factory refurbished), but with 3 years warranty. In 3 years, you may well be looking for an upgrade anyways. It also supports 4k 60hz i think.

Last edited by garagetinkerer; 08-30-2015 at 02:08 PM.
post #456 of 484 Old 09-04-2015, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagetinkerer View Post
As far as i remember, the ARC is supposed to support 5.1. Yep, i'm correct, found a link for you:
/threads/sound-bar-hdmi-arc-any-advantage-over-optical.1785111
you need to add avsforumsdotcom in front of it.

No hd audio formats are supported, but dolby digital, dts, PCM are indeed supported.

enabled hdmi control on the receiver but was not getting sound thru my speakers? any ideas?
post #457 of 484 Old 09-05-2015, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdigs View Post
enabled hdmi control on the receiver but was not getting sound thru my speakers? any ideas?
Hi dirkdigs, beside having receiver HDMI Control enabled also turn on TV HDMI-CEC feature (e.g. AnyNet+, Viera Link, Simplelink, etc...) and set TV Audio Out to Receiver or Home Theater. Also make sure the HDMI cable from the receiver is plugged in to the correct HDMI(ARC) input on the TV.
post #458 of 484 Old 09-10-2015, 03:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Zone 2 with 4 speakers

My main zone is 5.0 (Basic surround without the sub)

I would like to run Zone 2 with four speakers. Stereo+stereo. If we turn on Zone 2, we want it to go to 2 locations, and be the same source for both. Zone 3 has too many limits on its source.

Seems like this should be possible.

Thanks.
post #459 of 484 Old 11-07-2015, 03:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 38
BLINKING MCACC ?

I have searched and found differnt "Resets" methods for Pioneer amps, which is the correct one for a SC -65 ??
post #460 of 484 Old 11-14-2015, 05:54 PM

Liked: 10
I recently decided to create a "Zone 3" in my office. I have a Denon 3803 powering two Klipsch RB-3s. I am feeding the Denon from the SC-65 via RCAs. I plan on running some outdoor speakers off of the Denon as well as the two RB-3s.

My question is, should I keep my setup as follows:
5.1 Bi-amp + zone 2

Or, should I switch to:
5.1 + zone 2 + zone 3?

Currently, zone two is a pair of Energy in-ceiling speakers in another room. I've connected the RCAs to the Zone 2 out and can work both the in-ceiling speakers and my Denon amp this way, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of power coming through the RCAs.

I'll not be listening to whatever zone all that often through the Denon, but use the main system a minimum of 4 hours every single day.

Basically, will my sound quality suffer if I drop down to a single amp on my mains?

My speakers are all Klipsch:
Front - RF-3
Center - RC-3
Rears - RS-3
I also have a reference series sub
post #461 of 484 Old 11-14-2015, 08:29 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
In my experience, bi-amping does make a difference. I don't have experience with that set of speakers, but when I removed the bi-amp from my B&W686's, I noticed a difference. Now what I probably noticed was that the speakers were a bit under powered without the second amp. The primary channel was only 120 wpc which is a little light for those speakers which are power hungry. I think the SC 65 is 130, so you may notice a smaller sound stage.
post #462 of 484 Old 11-14-2015, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Russell View Post
In my experience, bi-amping does make a difference. I don't have experience with that set of speakers, but when I removed the bi-amp from my B&W686's, I noticed a difference. Now what I probably noticed was that the speakers were a bit under powered without the second amp. The primary channel was only 120 wpc which is a little light for those speakers which are power hungry. I think the SC 65 is 130, so you may notice a smaller sound stage.
Sorry, 683's, not the little 686 bookshelf.
post #463 of 484 Old 11-14-2015, 08:44 PM

My apologies in advance as this is an SC-61 question and I didn't see a forum.

The main is an sc-61
Zone2 is fed to an Elite A35 amp into the cd channel.
Zone 3 is fed to Elite VSX 23thx into the CD-R analogue

ON the SC-61, the zones are both set on the volume to "Fixed - 0 db"

Zone 2 works perfect. It's driving a pair of 4 ohm speakers. The A35 amp controls the volume.

Zone 3 is not working properly (the VSX). When trying to listen to the Mains, the volume is very low. I can start hearing it at about -20, but as I raise the volume towards 0, it doesn't become any more audible. And then at 0, the VSX amp shut off, presumably to protect itself. The speakers are 8 ohm

I plan on using zone 2 on the VSX as well, but not until I figure this out.

Does anyone know why the volume would be low and why it would not get any louder after -20?

I haven't tried to move the zone 3 volume on the sc to variable yet, mostly because fixed should work perfectly.

Thanks!
post #464 of 484 Old 11-14-2015, 08:45 PM

The main is an sc-61

Zone 2 works perfect. It's driving a pair of 4 ohm speakers. The A35 amp controls the volume.

Zone 3 is not working properly (the VSX). When trying to listen to the Mains, the volume is very low. I can start hearing it at about -20, but as I raise the volume towards 0, it doesn't become any more audible. And then at 0, the VSX amp shut off, presumably to protect itself. The speakers are 8 ohm

Does anyone know why the volume would be low and why it would not get any louder after -20?

I haven't tried to move the zone 3 volume on the sc to variable yet, mostly because fixed should work perfectly.

Thanks!
post #465 of 484 Old 11-14-2015, 08:45 PM

Quote:
That is what I suspected. I'll just keep it as is and run speakers and RCAs off zone 2.
post #466 of 484 Old 11-29-2015, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hey guys, my sc 1527 has been fine since I installed it(over a year), but tonight while listening to music from my PC to receiver over optic (which is a regular operation here) It shut down and flashed the Iphone light on the front. starts back up no problem and is normal until I raise the volume again.... When playing the music and i come up past -30db it shuts off. In the past Ive had no issues playing loud, -18 to -15 if I feel like going deaf lol. I tested it with the nintendo Wii and it locked up too but at higher output around -23.

Any thoughts on why its shutting down suddenly?

no other error messages are shown aside from the Iphone indicator flashing a few times after it powers off
post #467 of 484 Old 11-29-2015, 07:45 PM

Quote:

The main is an sc-61

Thanks!
You aren't bi-amping the mains are you? That is the only thing I can think of that would prevent sound from zone 3, which I detailed in my question above. Seems like you know what you are doing so I doubt that is it. Good luck!!!
post #468 of 484 Old 12-03-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muphasta View Post
You aren't bi-amping the mains are you? That is the only thing I can think of that would prevent sound from zone 3, which I detailed in my question above. Seems like you know what you are doing so I doubt that is it. Good luck!!!
No, it is not bi-amped. I'm not sure what the problem was but I just worked around it. I routed all of zone 2 to the VSX Main channel and now I'm using a speaker selector with matching impedance. I had the selector in the closet since I had two decent amps with two channels each. But alas that didn't work. So I've retired the A35 until I put it back up in a new listening room. Maybe I was just complicating things unnecessarily.
post #469 of 484 Old 12-03-2015, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott000 View Post
Hey guys, my sc 1527 has been fine since I installed it(over a year), but tonight while listening to music from my PC to receiver over optic (which is a regular operation here) It shut down and flashed the Iphone light on the front. starts back up no problem and is normal until I raise the volume again.... When playing the music and i come up past -30db it shuts off. In the past Ive had no issues playing loud, -18 to -15 if I feel like going deaf lol. I tested it with the nintendo Wii and it locked up too but at higher output around -23.

Any thoughts on why its shutting down suddenly?

no other error messages are shown aside from the Iphone indicator flashing a few times after it powers off
Seems odd that it is flashing Iphone. Are you using the ipod input? If not, what input channel are you using? When you say 'optic' are you saying you are using an optic output in your pc sound card to connect to an optic "in" on the receiver? If so, then I think the volume on your media player in windows is controlling a big part of the sound. Is that blasted or anything like that?
post #470 of 484 Old 12-03-2015, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Seems odd that it is flashing Iphone. Are you using the ipod input? If not, what input channel are you using? When you say 'optic' are you saying you are using an optic output in your pc sound card to connect to an optic "in" on the receiver? If so, then I think the volume on your media player in windows is controlling a big part of the sound. Is that blasted or anything like that?
Thanks for the reply, I am using an optical out on PC, IN to receiver. volume on the computer is 80% which it normally is and my card is a premium card, anyhow. I actually found out what was going on this morning when I had some time to play around. The positive lead on my front left channel had come loose/barely making contact, while there was sound coming from the speaker it was weak. I did a channel test and found the weak audio then checked the wires.... It would be good to know what the flashing means. Its obvious the system was shutting down in protection since it recognized a difference in load between channels.

Good to go
Thanks
post #471 of 484 Old 12-04-2015, 12:54 PM

Liked: 11
Using SC 65 with BD Player and PS3

Having an issue with using both Samsung F5900 BD Player and PS3 on SC65 . I have Samsung TV 7100 (using ARC) hooked up to SC65 (HDMI out1 Control). I have F5900 hooked up to SC65 BD in; at this point everything good. However when I try hooking up my PS3 to SC65 for playing games, TV does not recognize. It does not matter what connection I use on SC65 (other than BD) , Audio/Video does not show up on TV. I can plug PS3 to the TV but then i lose sound through receiver.

Any thoughts?
thx

Tampa, Florida

My Equipment

B&W CM9 Frt 

B&W CM2 Ctr

B&W M-1 Side/Rear Surround

Pioneer Elite SC65

post #472 of 484 Old 01-23-2016, 12:11 PM
Weary Enthusiast

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 49
HELP! How can I make the SC-65 Front Display show my current input, instead of showing the surround mode... WITHOUT A REMOTE CONTROL?

I just bought an open-box SC-65 and it did NOT come with a remote control. I have a remote from an old Elite model (VSX-33TX) and that remote has a 'dimmer' button which works, but 'display' does not.

From the owner's manual, I didn't see the option to change display type in the menu. I searched the word 'input' (qty123 references), 'display' (qty265 references), and 'character' (qty3 references).

All my other receivers since 1999 have had an option to show volume, input, or surround mode on the main character display, except for an old Yamaha (~1998-2002 ... prior to HDMI) that was given to me.

WHATTHEDILEO
Some people LOVE MUSIC.
Some people LOVE the SOUND of music.
If you don't know the difference, then you LIKE MUSIC.
My slow-cooking 11.4 channel Theater Room quest
post #473 of 484 Old 04-07-2016, 09:45 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Please help!!!

My SC-65 started to shut down on me and the only light that was on was the iPhone/iPad light in the upper right corner next to the HDMI blue light. Not sure what is happening. It was working fine before I unhooked everything for new carpet being installed. It started up just fine for about 10 minutes and then started to shut off quicker and quicker. Any ideas what is happening? Is there a reset that might help? Thanks in advance!

post #474 of 484 Old 04-08-2016, 06:10 AM

IS there any way to configure the SC-65 to actually play DSD files? I am using an Oppo BDP-105 as the DSD source but from all my reading the SC-65 converts the DSD to PCM. Why in the world it would change a multi channel file to a stereo file is beyond me (at least that's my understanding of DSD/PCM).

So is there any way to bypass or override the DSD to PCM conversion in the SC-65?

Thanks for the help in advance!
post #475 of 484 Old 04-08-2016, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cutter View Post
My SC-65 started to shut down on me and the only light that was on was the iPhone/iPad light in the upper right corner next to the HDMI blue light. Not sure what is happening. It was working fine before I unhooked everything for new carpet being installed. It started up just fine for about 10 minutes and then started to shut off quicker and quicker. Any ideas what is happening? Is there a reset that might help? Thanks in advance!
Try that and see what happens. I've never experienced this issue. A hard reset seems like the better option if there is no timer setting.

Theater Setup: 5.2.4 / ~3100 cu.ft. / Vaulted Ceiling
Source Player: Oppo BDP-103D Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8802A Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(Fronts/Surrounds) and BasX A500(Heights)
Fronts/Surrounds: Sonus Faber Venere 2.0 Bookshelf Center: Sonus Faber Venere Center Front/Rear Heights: Definitive Technology PM1000 Subwoofer: Dual SVS SB-2000
Speaker Wire: Monoprice CL2 12-AWG w/Bananas ICs: BlueJeanCables and Mediabridge
post #476 of 484 Old 04-08-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman9270 View Post
Try that and see what happens. I've never experienced this issue. A hard reset seems like the better option if there is no timer setting.
Try what? I did unplug it for a while and tried again but to no avail. I just looked up my receipt and I do have an extended warranty from BB on it. Funny as I never buy them but I did in this case! Not sure what BB will do. Do they try and repair it or do they just replace it? Anyone know?

post #477 of 484 Old 04-09-2016, 12:29 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cutter View Post
Try what? I did unplug it for a while and tried again but to no avail. I just looked up my receipt and I do have an extended warranty from BB on it. Funny as I never buy them but I did in this case! Not sure what BB will do. Do they try and repair it or do they just replace it? Anyone know?
After reboot, reset to default settings. See if that helps.

Theater Setup: 5.2.4 / ~3100 cu.ft. / Vaulted Ceiling
Source Player: Oppo BDP-103D Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8802A Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(Fronts/Surrounds) and BasX A500(Heights)
Fronts/Surrounds: Sonus Faber Venere 2.0 Bookshelf Center: Sonus Faber Venere Center Front/Rear Heights: Definitive Technology PM1000 Subwoofer: Dual SVS SB-2000
Speaker Wire: Monoprice CL2 12-AWG w/Bananas ICs: BlueJeanCables and Mediabridge
post #478 of 484 Old 04-09-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman9270 View Post
After reboot, reset to default settings. See if that helps.
I tried it again last night and it played 75% of the movie before doing it again. I thoughtI was home free but then it did it every few minutes again. Not sure what the heck is going on. I've never had a receiver fail on me, ever!

post #479 of 484 Old 04-10-2016, 09:13 PM

I took it down to Best Buy since it was still under an extended warranty. They told me it would take 3-6 weeks to fix! I bought a SC-95 for $999 on sale and the store manager said that I could return it when mine was repaired.

post #480 of 484 Old 04-10-2016, 11:06 PM

Hey guys, I bought a new tv LG UF7700 the other day. got it mostly all setup but ive run into a speed bump that's got me frustrated. Its in regards to ARC from the smart tv apps to my receiver, earlier today I was watching a netflix show and the pioneer showed that it was in 5.1 something some where has either changed or I've changed it by accident but no matter what I try I only get stereo , even from 4k 5.1 netflix and youtube sources, any ideas?

example of how i have it operating, I am watching cable from my pvr on input 3, use the TV remote to access netflix (smart tv app) and the receiver automatically switches to the "TV" which is great BUT im stuck with 2.0

There are no other settings on the tv itself to adjust, for audio out over arc it has 2 options Auto or PCM so im on auto and I can only assume that the receiver is being stubborn on accepting the 5.1

Another option is to run an optical line but do they only do 2.0?

Thanks for any help

I have on more gripe but I can get over it, when I exit netflix or youtube whatever I wished the pioneer would automatically go back to input 3.... instead it stays on "tv" and I have to either get up and spin the knob,use my phone app or grab the pioneer remote which is usually stashed away
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Elite Sc 65 9 2 Channel Thx Select 2 Plus A V Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page