Official Pioneer Elite SC-65/SC-1527-K Owners Thread. - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 422 Old 06-01-2013, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got my Martin Logan speakers today I have everything hooked into my Elite SC-65 but the Grotto Martin Logan sub I can't get any sound out of it at all!

I have the cable (AudioQuest Sub- X) into Subwoofer #1 input. I even tested the sub on my roommates Sony reciever and it works. It is for sure a reciever issue, Ive unplugged it turned everything off several times
I haveReciever set to PLUS for Sub etc it won't recognize it.

Any one have any tips.

Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60
Marantz SR7007
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103
LG BD550 Region Free
Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 422 Old 06-03-2013, 12:25 PM

Liked: 14
I would run through the manual speaker setup in the Setup options...it will cycle through the speakers, including the sub. If you get nothing out of the sub, then you'll know it's likely a cable or receiver issue (as opposed to an input issue).
post #183 of 422 Old 06-06-2013, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Ok, I have had my SC65 for 2 months. Love it. I am having a problem with my LG 42 6200 simplink function. I get it to work with the volume and it will turn off and on the SC65. The problem is simplink sends a command to change the input to TV on the SC65 which doesn't have a hdmi out so I have the switch it to SAT manually. Is there anyway to assign Hdmi1 to TV or change the simplink command to not change the channel.
post #184 of 422 Old 06-06-2013, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Disable ARC on either TV or receiver or both will solve the problem.
post #185 of 422 Old 06-07-2013, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Fox, I tried turning arc off on both but no luck. It changes it to TV about 5 secs on the receiver.
post #186 of 422 Old 06-07-2013, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Try disable HDMI control input switch function by turning off the 'Control Mode'.
post #187 of 422 Old 06-08-2013, 12:24 PM

Liked: 11
I don't know that I will ever have 9 speakers in my room so getting the SC-65 might be overkill. However, I am thinking down the road I would expand from 5 - 7 channels, and the ide of Zone 2 and Pandora (which my current set-up can't do) is appealing.

I can get one at a pretty good price (more than 50% off retail) and my front speakers have bi-wiring capabilities. Speakers can dip down to 2.8 ohms but my listening levels are rarely over 90db and even then, for only short periods of time. Would I be able to use a pair of the unused channels for the fronts? If possible, any downside to doping so - either to the receiver or speakers?
post #188 of 422 Old 06-08-2013, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by finsup View Post

I don't know that I will ever have 9 speakers in my room so getting the SC-65 might be overkill. However, I am thinking down the road I would expand from 5 - 7 channels, and the ide of Zone 2 and Pandora (which my current set-up can't do) is appealing.

I can get one at a pretty good price (more than 50% off retail) and my front speakers have bi-wiring capabilities. Speakers can dip down to 2.8 ohms but my listening levels are rarely over 90db and even then, for only short periods of time. Would I be able to use a pair of the unused channels for the fronts? If possible, any downside to doping so - either to the receiver or speakers?
Most of our clients run 5.1 and a few do 7.1 but all of them want a powered zone 2 and sometimes 3 because of patio or pool or both.
post #189 of 422 Old 06-09-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztech View Post

Most of our clients run 5.1 and a few do 7.1 but all of them want a powered zone 2 and sometimes 3 because of patio or pool or both.

Thanks. I am wondering about being able to bi-amp the left and right speakers which have bi-wiring capabilities with the unused amps on the Pioneer rather than using them for either surround or zone duties at this time.
post #190 of 422 Old 06-09-2013, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks. I am wondering about being able to bi-amp the left and right speakers which have bi-wiring capabilities with the unused amps on the Pioneer rather than using them for either surround or zone duties at this time.
I have tried this for a client and I did not notice any difference nor did the client but it did not hurt anything either so we left it.
post #191 of 422 Old 06-09-2013, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:

This is a form of passive bi-amping and will not have a major impact on the SQ. Active bi-amping is the way to go but, requires extra amps, external xo, and user know how to get good results.

Klipsch RF 7 based HT 7.4, Pioneer SC 35, Acurus Five 200 amp, Chase SS 18.2(2), VS 18.1(2), Samsung BDP F 7500, Asus/My Book Live HPC 4 TB

Yaquin VK 2100 amp, McIntosh XR 5 speakers, Samsung BDP F 7500
post #192 of 422 Old 06-10-2013, 07:23 AM

Hey All...

First time posting in this thread about the SC-65. I forget how long I've had it now. But I was able to get swapped into this receiver after close to two years of different issues with the Anthem MR500 I had purchased. I've been loving this receiver since I first hooked it up. Right now...I'm running 8.1 with 6 Klipsch Heresy's (Front, Surround, Back and Center) with a couple of Klipsch RS3's for Height's. Nothing really discreet about the speakers in the room....lol. (16' x 14')

I'm still not familiar with the majority of functions this receiver has or is capable of. Though...after hanging the heights on the wall I've kind of settled into running NeoX Cinema to drive the Heights and single Back speaker at the moment. Mainly out of wanting to just sit and enjoy the sound rather than perfecting it "right now". The question I do have...is whether I can run a Stereo signal out to Zone 2/3...basically driving a pair of speakers that I have in another room in stereo along with the mains in the living room? My previous experience with the MRX500 was that Zone 2 needed to be driven by another device feeding an analog signal to the receiver.

Thanks,

Walt
post #193 of 422 Old 06-10-2013, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Look at it this way you have 9 channels of amplification if you use 7.1 in the main then this leaves 2 channels powered for another zone if 5.1 the 2 powered zones after assigning them in setup menu.
post #194 of 422 Old 06-10-2013, 09:27 AM

Anyone have problems with Apple Airplay on their SC-65? When I play downloaded music from my ipad/iphone or streaming via Spotify through Apple Airplay to the SC-65, the music stops and starts as if there's a problem with the wifi connection. However, when I play music from my laptop (not Apple) through DLNA it plays perfectly. No disruptions at all. Wondering if there's a problem with the receiver, or a receiver setting or with the wifi connection? Any suggestions would be helpful.
post #195 of 422 Old 06-10-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinolau View Post

The question I do have...is whether I can run a Stereo signal out to Zone 2/3...basically driving a pair of speakers that I have in another room in stereo along with the mains in the living room? My previous experience with the MRX500 was that Zone 2 needed to be driven by another device feeding an analog signal to the receiver.

Thanks,

Walt

Got my answer on this from Pioneer. Since I'm already hooked into the Single Back speaker output...I'd need to run an A/B speaker switch to feed out to my back room. I only wanted to be able to listen to Internet Radio or the collection that's on my PS3 in the other room...so I'm going to pass on the speaker switch. I also got the answer to another question I had about my sub not kicking in while listening in Stereo playback (had true two channel stereo). I had to go into the speaker setup in the Home Menu and switch the Sub Woofer selection from YES to PLUS. I also dropped the crossover frequency to 50Hz. I thought the two channel stereo sounded great...but, well you know... smile.gif
post #196 of 422 Old 06-11-2013, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondmjs View Post

Anyone have problems with Apple Airplay on their SC-65? When I play downloaded music from my ipad/iphone or streaming via Spotify through Apple Airplay to the SC-65, the music stops and starts as if there's a problem with the wifi connection. However, when I play music from my laptop (not Apple) through DLNA it plays perfectly. No disruptions at all. Wondering if there's a problem with the receiver, or a receiver setting or with the wifi connection? Any suggestions would be helpful.

I have an SC57 and it works via Airplay perfectly from both my computer and from my iPhone. It sounds like you're having a speed problem when you stream from Spotify. First thing to try is to load some music up on the iPad or iPhone and try to play that. If that works, then it would seem like you're having network problems with Spotify. Try another service, like Pandora and see if that works okay. Also try rebooting the WiFi device that you have plugged into the Pioneer. I find that one of my WiFi devices - the one that happens to be closest to the TV and receiver, constantly slows down and needs to be rebooted. Upon reboot, it gets its speed back so I can watch streaming HD movies via my OPPO Blu-ray player at the highest quality level. (Come to think of it, I'm going Ethernet from the 2nd network box - an Apple Express - to the Pioneer, but wireless from the TV and the OPPO).
post #197 of 422 Old 06-12-2013, 10:50 PM

I got the SC-65 today, updated with latest firmware from the Pioneer site. I'm encountering a glitch where anything accessed over the network (Pandora, Sirius, Media Servers) cannot be navigated with the remote. I had to enter my Pandora and Sirius account info from the web app (that worked) because I couldn't navigate from "new user" to "current account holder" through the receiver..it just hung on "new user" and wouldn't respond when selected or trying to move down to current user..After entering account data on the web I can log on but still can't navigate down the menus to select a folder. The remote works fine navigating things like the system setup so that's not the problem.
post #198 of 422 Old 06-12-2013, 10:56 PM

Never Mind!...You have to hit "Net" on the remote. I'm sure there must be a technical reason for this--otherwise kind of lame.

Original post: got the SC-65 today, updated with latest firmware from the Pioneer site. I'm encountering a glitch where anything accessed over the network (Pandora, Sirius, Media Servers) cannot be navigated with the remote. I had to enter my Pandora and Sirius account info from the web app (that worked) because I couldn't navigate from "new user" to "current account holder" through the receiver..it just hung on "new user" and wouldn't respond when selected or trying to move down to current user..After entering account data on the web I can log on but still can't navigate down the menus to select a folder. The remote works fine navigating things like the system setup so that's not the problem.
post #199 of 422 Old 06-16-2013, 04:19 AM

Hi All,

Any body runs into a problem when connecting an usb hard drive to the SC-65?
The HD is formatted in FAT32 with a bunch of folderss.
Mine worked with the previous VSX-9040 and the SC-65 when I received 6 weeks ago.
Now when I turn the unit on with iPod/usb selection, the screen on the unit stays on "Please wait..." for a long time without showing the folders.
Last night I left it on for like 2 hrs + but no dice.
All other selections (cable, DVD...) work.

I wonder if there is something wrong with the receiver usb connection point, unit settings, firmware (203...), HD issue (none that I am aware of) ???
Would a re-set to factory defaults help?
Please give me some suggestions.

Thanks.
post #200 of 422 Old 06-16-2013, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Unplug the power of AVR for at least a minute or two and see what happens. It helped me with similar problem on Network Server playback.
post #201 of 422 Old 06-18-2013, 06:01 PM

I have a SC-65 that replaced an Onkyo 3007. I followed the wiring description carefully with the avnav for 5.1 + zone2/3 configuration. For the life of me I cannot get any sound out of zone2. I understand that HDMI source sound will not play in zone 2 but I assume that any receiver source such as internet radio or the music on my lan should play....at least that was the case with my Onkyo. I try clicking receiver plus the all zone standby button and I get a pulsating red light on the remote. What am I missing here???? I've gone to the front panel and selected multizone as well but that doesn't helo. Thanks for any suggestions
post #202 of 422 Old 06-18-2013, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatej View Post

I have a SC-65 that replaced an Onkyo 3007. I followed the wiring description carefully with the avnav for 5.1 + zone2/3 configuration. For the life of me I cannot get any sound out of zone2. I understand that HDMI source sound will not play in zone 2 but I assume that any receiver source such as internet radio or the music on my lan should play....at least that was the case with my Onkyo. I try clicking receiver plus the all zone standby button and I get a pulsating red light on the remote. What am I missing here???? I've gone to the front panel and selected multizone as well but that doesn't helo. Thanks for any suggestions
Have you followed the directions on page 75 of your owners manual?
post #203 of 422 Old 06-19-2013, 09:20 AM

Yes....No help..
post #204 of 422 Old 06-19-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatej View Post

Yes....No help..

Just call Pioneer Customer Support from their website. You'll wait 15-20 minutes on hold, but you'll get whatever answers you need. I suggest having a list of things you just want to know, before calling.
post #205 of 422 Old 06-19-2013, 04:53 PM

I may do that but was hoping that someone on this forum had a 5.1 with 2/3 configuration and could explain what sequence of key strokes (either on the remote or on the unit) would allow me to hear SOMETHING in Zone 2. I wired zone 2 to Back Surround terminals on the far right of the unit as described in the manual. I cannot find anywhere in manual or auto setup where this zone can be tested. Is there some hidden on/off setting somewhere? I would be thrilled just to hear some static.
post #206 of 422 Old 06-19-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maude View Post

From a previous post. I'm having a similar problem but I'm connected via LAN. I've had the SC-65 since mid-december and connected it via LAN to an older Netgear wireless router. The internet came up fine and used Pandora and Internet Radio every day. This weekend, my old router failed. I replaced it with a Netgear N900. All other connected devices came up fine but the SC-65 will not connect to the router. The router has DHCP enabled but the SC-65 will not connect. I've tried to set IP addresses on the SC-65 but it still will not connect. Anyone have any suggestions?

Well, my SC-65 was sent back to Pioneer. It took a couple of weeks, including shipping, but they replaced a pcb. I assume this is short for printed circuit board but everything seems to connect to my LAN just fine now. I hope this isn't a common problem because I love the receiver except for the archaic remote. The sound and video are what I was looking for in this receiver.
post #207 of 422 Old 06-19-2013, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 285
^^
another person who has problems with zones (sigh) I've lost count of all the posts about people and their zone problems wink.gif

OK...

did you also setup your speaker configuration as F or G for 5.1 systems?

F: 5.1 biamp + zone 2
G: 5.1 + zone 2 & zone 3

because if you left it at the default A: 9.2 setup, you will get nothing from the speakers plugged into the surround backs in zone 2. because they in the default configuration, surround back terminals are for rear channel speakers in a 7.1 or 9.1 setup in the main room.

did you connect your sources with analog l/r cables in addition to HDMI or digital cables? because for true multizone use (as opposed to B speakers in another room), these receivers do not convert digital & HDMI to analog. you must also connect analog connections for multizones, pg 35 in your manual I believe.

did you try using the remote button marked SIG SEL to select the analog connections? by default, it's set to Auto with the connection priority being HDMI>Digital>Analog. so if Auto gets you no sound or you have both digital & analog connections, it will not select the analogs in Auto. you should manually select Analog using that button for whatever source you are using, with the exception of course of Internet Radio, Pandora, Media Server (internal networked sources in the receiver).

did you try using the front panel or remote multizone buttons? especially if you want a different source than main room.

now if you don't want to bother with analog cables OR don't need the ability to have independent sources playing at the same time in 2 rooms, then you can just go with a Speaker B configuration, Speaker Configuration B: 7.1 + B Speakers. then use the SPEAKER button on the remote to select A, B or A+B speakers. also in your manual, pg 74. for B Speakers you'll also need to connect them to Front Wide terminals, instead of the Back Surround ones as shown in the manual.

as you see, there are several ways to do zones & how they work & buttons to use all depends on which way you choose to do them. that's why it's difficult for someone in a forum to give you the answer...we don't know what you did, how you connected things, and what things you have setup in the menu or not setup, what buttons you've tried or not tried. reading the manual thoroughly is an important step for setting up zones because there's some nuances & subtleties that are not obvious but the info is there.

try the above. but I second calling Pioneer support if you still can't make it work because it's a setup problem.

Steve
post #208 of 422 Old 06-19-2013, 06:34 PM

Thanks for the suggestions SS9001!!! So here is what I HAVE done. I have Four Boston Acoustic Satellite speakers with a "subwoofer" in one room and two wired speakers in a second room. The "subwoofer" is really a displaced bass source so I did not configure it as a subwoofer. I used the 5.1 + 2/3 config (G). I did NOT make any analog connections as my intent is to pipe in internet music and flac files from my media server into zone 2 and I was under the impression that since the source is the receiver I should not have a HDMI to analog down conversion issue. Having said that....I really don't need INDEPENDENT zones so I would be happy with A and B speakers. Correct me if I am wrong but I see no config option in the manual that allows for A and B speakers in 5.1 that doesn't involve bi-amping. I want to reiterate that this is not my first multi-zone amplifier; I had little trouble configuring and operating my Onkyo for multi-zone use...i.e. I am not that technically inept.
post #209 of 422 Old 06-19-2013, 11:43 PM

I have 2 questions for the rest of the owners out there.

1. Does anyone know of a Bluetooth adapter/ dongle that I could connect to the receiver so that I could pair it with my android phone? I'm looking to play my music on my phone through the receiver via Bluetooth

2. Also, has anyone had any hdmi handshake issues when using "hdmi all" setting on the receiver? I have no issue if I use "hdmi 1" or "hdmi 2" individually but when I use "hdmi all" it takes a very long time before the tv receives a signal from the receiver for some sources.
post #210 of 422 Old 06-20-2013, 08:24 AM

Thanks for the help....all figured out! Didn't realize the default volume setting in zone 2 was no output and took a fair amount of dialing up to hear it.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Elite Sc 65 9 2 Channel Thx Select 2 Plus A V Receiver

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page