Help decide on receivers (Yamaha RX-V473 vs Denon AVR-1613) for an entry to mid-level home theater system... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-28-2012, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My current setup:

Sony HX800 3D 240 Hz TV
PlayStation 3
Comcast Cable Receiver/DVR

My living room (where I have the TV) size is 22'x12' and the viewing distance from TV is 14'.
I work as a consultant so there is always a possibility of me relocating.
So not looking to spend a lot (around $600 for receiver and speakers) and on heavy stuff right now.
I can spend more a few months later.

Receiver:

I'm looking for a decent receiver with Networks treaming and 3D. I don't necessarily need 7.2 but it would be nice if it fits in the price range. Currently looking at Yamaha RX-V473 ($350 now) (seems no Graphical User Interface) or Denon AVR-1613 (no video upconversion and upscaling but I don't need I guess. Only play blu-ray and HD channels and PS3 has upconversion).

Network radio streaming is important (either Wi-Fi or Ethernet port) especially Pandora and Spotify. Currently I steam music, video, phot libraries from my PC to PS3 (or access them from these devices) or my Sony TV through Wifi connection and the media server option available in those devices. But I am not able to stream live radio from the PC to these devices. Is receivers with Spotify only work for Premium subscribers or can we play using the free spotify account as well? Are there other ways to stream music?

Here is a comparsion of the receiver using Crutchfield website.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/CompareTo.aspx?g=10420&cc=01&compareItems=01|033AV1613&compareItems=01|022RXV473

Speakers:

If I get one of the above receivers, I am looking at either thus Jamo S 426 ($130) or Enery Take Classic 5.0 speaker package ($160) with Polk Audio PSW-10 subwoofer is pretty much decided ($80).

or Definitive Technology Pro Cinema 60 5.1 channel Speaker System (around $200 in NewEgg)- include a subwoofer.

I want this for both movies and music. I am a bass lover but not overwhelming bass without clarity.

Which one is a better deal? Any suggestions on the receiver and the speakers mentioned above or other options?

Sony Bravia HX800 55" 240Hz 3D LCD LED
Pioneer Elite SC-71 Receiver
PS3 Slim (with Blue Ray player 3D)
Comcast Cable (Panasonic HD-DVR)
Bowers & Wilkins 686B Book Shelf Speakers (Front L and R)
BIC America F-12 12" Subwoofer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-28-2012, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Also, looking at Pioneer VSX-1122-K.

Sony Bravia HX800 55" 240Hz 3D LCD LED
Pioneer Elite SC-71 Receiver
PS3 Slim (with Blue Ray player 3D)
Comcast Cable (Panasonic HD-DVR)
Bowers & Wilkins 686B Book Shelf Speakers (Front L and R)
BIC America F-12 12" Subwoofer
post #3 of 3 Old 12-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I never heard jamo but have good reputation. i own infinity prime theater pack 2 paired with a polk psw10 sub and a yamaha 471 receiver. Lst week i installed deftech 60 5.1 and using same receiver I have to say that the deftech sound better than the infinity with the psw10 sub even though deftech sub is only 8" but its 150w rms. Decent bass.

If you are short in cash then my vote is for deftech 60. If you can spare some cash then get the jamo and add a sub. i strongly suggest to skip the polk psw10 and save some cash and get at least the bic f-12 sub. If save $300 then get the klipsh rw12; have to check on newegg that put it in special more often.

As for receiver my vote goes for pioneer 1122.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 1613 Receiver , Yamaha Rx V473 Receiver
Gear in this thread - V473 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page