onkyo tx-nr905 hdmi issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-29-2012, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok so i took a big leap of faith and purchased an Onkyo tx-nr905 from a guy off craigslist today. I didn’t have time to meet him and test the receiver's HDMI functions. The guy swore up and down that everything functions as it should and I would be happy. I knew i was taking a big risk especially after reading all of the online information explaining HDMI issues with this unit. This is my first receiver equipped with HDMI so I am very new to it. I ran my Samsung blu ray player into HDMI 1 on the receiver and the HDMI main out to the tv. I went through the set up menu and designated "DVD" to HDMI 1. when i tried to run a blu ray the receiver display shows "no signal" I tried all of the various inputs and outputs with no luck, when I access the menu it does display on the TV but once I leave the menu the picture goes blank. if anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-02-2013, 12:53 PM

Sounds like you need a new hdmi board. I bought this exact unit from Cruchfield and about 1yr later I was packing it up and taking it to a local authorized repair center. It is fixed now and is my replacement to my Dennon.

Good luck.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-21-2013, 09:57 PM

I have similar issues with pictures. there is sounds but no picture at all. I tried to unplug the unit many times. Switching different HDMI inputs, but still nothing. This problems start happens after 8 months from the day of purchased. It was brand new from Fry's Electronic. :((

post #4 of 6 Old 02-09-2014, 07:28 AM

My Local computer repair shop in Rochester repaired my HDMI switching problems. Works well now and to think I was going to replace it.

Pioneers SC-2023, Pioneers 6090 Plasma, M&K 5's, Centre: Monitor Bronze BX, Rel Sub.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-19-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccltd View Post

My Local computer repair shop in Rochester repaired my HDMI switching problems. Works well now and to think I was going to replace it.

What did they do, just replace the HDMI board as others have talked about?

Do you happen to have a part number for whatever they used? thanks!

- justin
post #6 of 6 Old 03-19-2014, 12:10 PM

Hi Justin,
There was no part number. They basically removed the hdmi board and replaced about 15 capacitors on it with higher rated ones. It now works great again but Occasionally I have to physically unplug the amp from the mains for a minute as it does stop displaying but the unplugging works.
They do more gadget repairs but will try their hand at anything. I found them on facebook Medwaycomputers

Pioneers SC-2023, Pioneers 6090 Plasma, M&K 5's, Centre: Monitor Bronze BX, Rel Sub.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr905 Receiver , Onkyo Tx Nr905s
Gear in this thread - Nr905 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page