HK AVR 3600 & Samsung 6030 3D troubles - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-30-2012, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently purchased the Samsung 6030 TV in order to upgrade the size of my living room tv. I run everything through the Harmon Kardon 3600 (Direct TV, PS3, apple tv etc.). Before I purchased the Samsung 6030 I had noted that in order to view 3d content via the PS3 that the HDMI bypass had to be on, on the AVR (this was also on a different Samsung TV). However with the Samsung 6030, it seems that the TV and the AVR cannot establish a handshake with the bypass on, and in addition the handshake will not establish with bypass off when 3d attempting to display 3d content. This leaves me unable to view 3d content unless I run everything to the TV first.
Can anybody provide a solution to this problem? Both the TV and the AVR software/firmware appear to be up to date.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-09-2013, 12:38 AM

Hey Wishen

I have the same exact issues with my 6030 Samsung led tv and Samsung 3D blu-ray player (5900) and AVR 3600. The tv just keeps going in some kind of loop turning on and off. Extremely frustrating as I'm sure you know. It's strange. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. I have to fuss with it a bit to work. It does have to be in HDMI Bypass mode (on) for the 3D to work. I have no issues with normal bluray discs... I've been looking around for solutions but no luck yet I too have all updates on all devices. eek.gif
post #3 of 5 Old 02-09-2013, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindog71 View Post

Hey Wishen

I have the same exact issues with my 6030 Samsung led tv and Samsung 3D blu-ray player (5900) and AVR 3600. The tv just keeps going in some kind of loop turning on and off. Extremely frustrating as I'm sure you know. It's strange. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. I have to fuss with it a bit to work. It does have to be in HDMI Bypass mode (on) for the 3D to work. I have no issues with normal bluray discs... I've been looking around for solutions but no luck yet I too have all updates on all devices. eek.gif

The mentioned Samsung models are not HDMI certified...
Suggest you make sure you have the latest firmware for each downloaded..

Just my $0.02... wink.gif
post #4 of 5 Old 02-09-2013, 09:54 AM

Hey M Code

Thanks for the reply. I do have the latest firmware upgrades for both devices. An update for the samsung 6030 was just released a couple of days ago. Any reason as to why this TV wouldn't be HDMI certified? Like I mentioned its an intermittent problem. I do get it to work but it shouldn't be this troublesome. Thank you for your 0.02! This forum is such a great resource...
post #5 of 5 Old 02-11-2013, 06:17 AM

Liked: 53
Many products aren't submitted for HDMI certification, it is not required to bring a product to market.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Harman Kardon Avr 3600 80 Watt X 7 1 Channel High Performance Home Theater Receiver Black , Samsung 40 Inch Led 3d Hdtv Un40eh6030
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page