"Wireless" capability with Sony STR-DN1030 or DA1800 wifi/Bluetooth models - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-30-2012, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been searching around trying to pick the right reciever. I have attempted to search and not found the answer that I am actually looking for. The Sony 1030 and da1800 have wifi and Bluetooth built in... got it...I like the idea if this feature to a point, but I can only find information supporting that you can play Internet radio, or stream from a portable device to the unit. I am looking to use the wifi or Bluetooth to play/pass audio to wifi or Bluetooth speakers (from whatever source, mostly AirPlay). I have 7.1 in living room, but want audio (and it would be awesome to send video to smart tv with wifi too??????) in other rooms on other levels of the house. So with these models, am I able to purchase quality wifi or Bluetooth speakers (not wireless, powered with cord) and play TO THEM from the Sony built in wireless? If not, than I can go back to looking at denon 1913 or Manarantz 5007 etc. but if the Sony does have the ability I am ready to buy! Insight on the ability to relay video to wifi tvs would be greatly appreciated as well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-30-2012, 02:39 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1863 Post(s)
Liked: 1723
AFAIK the built in wifi is to "receive" not "send".

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page