pioneer VSX-1122-K / klipsch subwoofer questions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-30-2012, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does any one use a klipsch powered sub with their 1122 k? I currently am using one, and would like to know if anyone is having problems with the sub shutting off while connected to the 1122 when sub is set on auto? After shutting the recieved off and waiting about 10 minutes, the sub shuts off as it is supposed to, but, after awhile it comes back on by itself and won't shut down unless I switch the sub off and back to auto. I'm pretty new at this and am currently doing some troubleshooting, but was curious if anyone already knew the problem. thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-31-2012, 12:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Liked: 1001
Sounds like a faulty auto on switch or there are still signals coming from the receiver to turn the sub back on. How do you know the sub is particularly on? Do you hear something from it? Or is a particular color of light and you're sure you're reading it correctly? Probably not brand/model related on the avr, but might help to know which specific sub it is....

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

post #3 of 4 Old 12-31-2012, 03:25 AM - Thread Starter

thank you for the response. it is the sw-350, I don't hear anything from it ,but, when it shuts down after the ten minutes the blue light goes out on the front, then sometimes after half an hour or so it will come back on. as mentioned earlier, one of the troubleshooting steps I took was to use a higher quality ( shielded ) sub cable, so far it seems to be working. I guess it could be possible that the old cable was sensing current somehow, the system is new and so am I.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-31-2012, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

It seems as though the better sub cable solved that problem. Now for the new problem. I just had the amp overheat, with the volume level at 0.0, is this normal or are my speakers too small? I have 4 klipsch bookshelf speakers rated at 85 watt rms and I believe 130 w peak, 2 awia bookshelf speakers and the fore mentioned sw350 klipsch sub. all speaker connection seem good, it only played for about 5 minutes when the overheat occurred. has anyone else had this issue that found a solution besides turning the volume down??
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 1122 K

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page