So I've spend a good portion of many days reading and reading these forums. I still don't know what to consider! It's been a while since I have thought about a home theater.
So here are my needs:
I am looking for advice on an AV Receiver and DVD player.
My room is 13 1/2' x 19 1/2'
I have four Berkline seats in the IOVOOVOI arrangement
I have three James Loudspeakers for my fronts and two James Loudspeakers for my rears
I have a powered James Sub and an Energy powered sub
My TV is a new Panasonic 60GT50
I have a Logitech Harmony 1100 remote
I watch movies 90% of the time and listen to Pandora the other 10%
So I am looking for a Receiver that will do all my video switching. It needs to connect a Comcast HD box, a DVD player, and traditional Wii for now. It also needs enough power to drive my speakers and since the TV is 3D....it might be nice to work with that. Streaming Pandora somehow is a must - whether through the receiver or DVD player.
I plan to buy the receiver and DVD player at the same time. I am not brand loyal so recommend whatever. I am thinking of the Oppo 103 for my DVD player and for my receiver, I am thinking Marantz 5007.
So within the $800-1000 receiver budget and $500 for DVD budget, what do everyone suggest?
As a result of the divorce, I had to rent a house for now. Ultimately, when I find a home to buy, I will build an actual theater and upgrade. I will sell off whatever gear I need and go with separates. But for now, a receiver will work well for me!