Denon AVR-1613 with Energy Take Classic 5.1 Problems - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-01-2013, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyone!

I recently received a Denon AVR-1613 receiver with the Energy Take Classic 5.1 home theater system, and so far I am pretty disappointed, but I think it quite honestly is my fault.

If someone could simply run me through what kind of crossover settings work best, that would be great. I'm not getting the bass I was hoping for out of this system. I know Audyssey can be kind of crappy with subwoofer setup, so I have been trying to tweak the settings myself, but nothing is working.

Any help is appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-01-2013, 05:46 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked: 1524
Audyssey MultEQ in the 1613 is actually quite good with sub EQ. You would be best served reviewing the Audyssey 101/FAQ Guide linked in my sig for suggestions on how to get the best out of Audyssey to include using either a mic boom stand or camera tripod to support the mic.

---------------------------------
"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Mon - Fri: 10am – 10pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 7 Old 01-03-2013, 01:49 PM

Liked: 17
I have the 1713 multeq-xt and the take classic system and am very impressed in a somewhat larger room (16 x 25). Plenty of bass. I turned my volume level on the sub up to halfway/12 o'clock, turned power on (not auto), and set phase to 0 then ran audyssey. It set my crossovers on the front, center, and surrounds to 80/90/80 respectively. I moved them up to 110 as the take classics are only rated to go that low or so the manufacturer claims. I'm going to play around with them and try them on a movie at the 80/90/80 and see.
post #4 of 7 Old 01-03-2013, 01:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Quote:
I recently received a Denon AVR-1613 receiver with the Energy Take Classic 5.1 home theater system, and so far I am pretty disappointed, but I think it quite honestly is my fault.

You also may not be happy because you need bigger speakers for your setup instead of little satellites.

Afro GT
post #5 of 7 Old 01-03-2013, 05:16 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked: 1524
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdan View Post

I have the 1713 multeq-xt and the take classic system and am very impressed in a somewhat larger room (16 x 25). Plenty of bass. I turned my volume level on the sub up to halfway/12 o'clock, turned power on (not auto), and set phase to 0 then ran audyssey. It set my crossovers on the front, center, and surrounds to 80/90/80 respectively. I moved them up to 110 as the take classics are only rated to go that low or so the manufacturer claims. I'm going to play around with them and try them on a movie at the 80/90/80 and see.

What they spec out on paper and how they respond in your own home can be different.

---------------------------------
"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Mon - Fri: 10am – 10pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #6 of 7 Old 01-05-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

What they spec out on paper and how they respond in your own home can be different.
True I did read that as well. I think the best way is to use my ears! All the tech talk is a great starting point.

I do have a question though. After setting sub to max 150 to run audyssey do I leave it there after audyssey is complete ? Or turn back to a manufacturer recommended 110? Or does it not matter since denon individual x-over is set via audyssey? I do hear some localization on voices through the sub when x-over is set to 150
post #7 of 7 Old 01-05-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

You also may not be happy because you need bigger speakers for your setup instead of little satellites.
They're not that bad.... Htib's are some peoples only and sometimes preferred choice. Blasphemy to some, bliss to others :-)
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 1613 Receiver

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page