AVS Forum banner

Denon AVR-1613 with Energy Take Classic 5.1 Problems

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Fitguy76 
#1 ·
Hey everyone!

I recently received a Denon AVR-1613 receiver with the Energy Take Classic 5.1 home theater system, and so far I am pretty disappointed, but I think it quite honestly is my fault.

If someone could simply run me through what kind of crossover settings work best, that would be great. I'm not getting the bass I was hoping for out of this system. I know Audyssey can be kind of crappy with subwoofer setup, so I have been trying to tweak the settings myself, but nothing is working.

Any help is appreciated!

#3 ·
I have the 1713 multeq-xt and the take classic system and am very impressed in a somewhat larger room (16 x 25). Plenty of bass. I turned my volume level on the sub up to halfway/12 o'clock, turned power on (not auto), and set phase to 0 then ran audyssey. It set my crossovers on the front, center, and surrounds to 80/90/80 respectively. I moved them up to 110 as the take classics are only rated to go that low or so the manufacturer claims. I'm going to play around with them and try them on a movie at the 80/90/80 and see.

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdan  /t/1448872/denon-avr-1613-with-energy-take-classic-5-1-problems/0_100#post_22778690

I have the 1713 multeq-xt and the take classic system and am very impressed in a somewhat larger room (16 x 25). Plenty of bass. I turned my volume level on the sub up to halfway/12 o'clock, turned power on (not auto), and set phase to 0 then ran audyssey. It set my crossovers on the front, center, and surrounds to 80/90/80 respectively. I moved them up to 110 as the take classics are only rated to go that low or so the manufacturer claims. I'm going to play around with them and try them on a movie at the 80/90/80 and see.

What they spec out on paper and how they respond in your own home can be different.

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie  /t/1448872/denon-avr-1613-with-energy-take-classic-5-1-problems#post_22779647

What they spec out on paper and how they respond in your own home can be different.
True I did read that as well. I think the best way is to use my ears! All the tech talk is a great starting point.

I do have a question though. After setting sub to max 150 to run audyssey do I leave it there after audyssey is complete ? Or turn back to a manufacturer recommended 110? Or does it not matter since denon individual x-over is set via audyssey? I do hear some localization on voices through the sub when x-over is set to 150

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt  /t/1448872/denon-avr-1613-with-energy-take-classic-5-1-problems#post_22778712

You also may not be happy because you need bigger speakers for your setup instead of little satellites.
They're not that bad.... Htib's are some peoples only and sometimes preferred choice. Blasphemy to some, bliss to others :)

#8 ·
Trouble with sub

Hey all. Excuse my ignorance, but I have this exact same setup and am getting no sound from my sub whatsoever. I was confused by the fact that there is only one RCA sub input on the back of the receiver with two RCA line ins, plus independent versus "auto" power on the sub and also other spots for speaker wire inputs. Currently have all speakers connected to the receiver and bought a two-to-one adapter for RCA. After thinking I finally had this thing solved, sub puts out no sound. Any help?

#10 ·
Hey all. Excuse my ignorance, but I have this exact same setup and am getting no sound from my sub whatsoever. I was confused by the fact that there is only one RCA sub input on the back of the receiver with two RCA line ins, plus independent versus "auto" power on the sub and also other spots for speaker wire inputs. Currently have all speakers connected to the receiver and bought a two-to-one adapter for RCA. After thinking I finally had this thing solved, sub puts out no sound. Any help?
The dual inputs are more for the few setups that are using left and right line outs, but all you need is one unless you're short on signal then sometimes the dual inputs gives you an additional 6dB of gain. The speaker level inputs are on the sub in the case where you have no line-outs at all to use. If your sub is connected from the sub pre-out with the splitter you should still be okay but you should be good with a single rca cable, too. Where do you have the gain set on the sub? Does your receiver not recognize it all for the auto Audyssey setup? If you got beyond that then make sure your speakers are set to small or that you're in a sound mode that uses the sub....

#9 ·
Single cable from reciever to LFE IN. Make sure you have the sub "on" or auto, this will turn it on when signal is recieved. Check settings in your reciever to make sure it knows a sub is present.

Please tell us what reciever you have

#12 ·
Hey everyone! I recently received a Denon AVR-1613 receiver with the Energy Take Classic 5.1 home theater system, and so far I am pretty disappointed, but I think it quite honestly is my fault. If someone could simply run me through what kind of crossover settings work best, that would be great. I'm not getting the bass I was hoping for out of this system. I know Audyssey can be kind of crappy with subwoofer setup, so I have been trying to tweak the settings myself, but nothing is working. Any help is appreciated!
You can actually set up your subwoofer manually if you're not happy with it. If you need more info let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.