Harmon Kardon AVR 700 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-02-2013, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought the new Harman Kardon AVR 700 model. Can anyone tell me how to make it power off/on using my cable poviders (COX) remote?

I entered the correct code for HC but when I try to use the cable providers remote to power off if goes into standby mode... not off. When I power on it does not work at all. The tech support folks at COX say "If it powers down to standby mode the correct code is being used, however, if it does not power on then call HC. They cannot help beyond providing the code."

If anyone is considering purchasing a Harman Kardon product you should know 1st that is extermely difficult to get their technical support people on the phone.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-04-2013, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After Harman Cardon confirmed they did not have a code for the AVR 700 that works for my cable provider's remote, I exchanged it for an Onkyo HT-RC460. Cost was them same to the penny but it does work with my cable provider's remote (COX).

Both of the receivers are on the low end of the cost curve but the Onkyo works well in my home setting. It has all the latest technology (including a second zone) and 8 HDMI connections which is more than I need, the HC AVR 700 only had 3.

The only negative is its rated at only 80 Watts p/ch which might not be powerful enough for some users. But for all you get for $300, I think its a good choice.

I would recommend Onkyo HT-RC460 over HC AVR 700
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page