Where to start? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-02-2013, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We just moved into a new home and there are speakers in different rooms throughout the house. Each room has its own volume switch. I am just wondering what I need to set the speakers up. I frankly have no idea what Im doing. I found these cords and took a picture. In my room with tv there are four speakers up front and four in the back. Any idea how to get started? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-03-2013, 06:03 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Those 2 sets of wires are gonna be for 4 speakers either the front or back, you need a reciever and need to test out each set of wires to see where you hear the sound coming from, on the set with the blue wrapping Id try the red and black as positive and negative and the green/negative and white/positive in that particular order. you may hear the sound but there is only one way to be sure and thats to check the backside of each speaker if you can and look at the colors of the wires positions on the speaker!
post #3 of 3 Old 01-04-2013, 12:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks that actually worked! the only issue that I am having is that the sound is playing in my other room with speakers and not my TV room (the room where the wires are). Is there a way to switch rooms on the receiver? I bought a Pioneer VSX-822K (frankly randomly because I didn't know what to get).
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page