Denon AVR 2113 Lost Signal - Handshake Issue? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-03-2013, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys,

I have a Denon AVR 2113 with a Samsung UN55D8000 TV. Everything has been working great for months, and then a few days ago, I turned off system with my universal remote. When I tried to turn the system on a few hours later, everything was on (TV, AVR, DTV box), but the TV was getting no signal from the AVR.

My first thought was there was some kind of HDMI handshake issue, so I unplugged and re-plugged the HDMI cable from the TV to the AVR, changed the output multiple times on both the TV and the AVR. I have also reset the microprocessor on the Denon. Nothing has worked and the TV continues to show “No connection”.

What is strange is the TV does recognize that something is plugged in, because the error message changes, but there is just no actual communication. I now have the HDMI cable from the TV plugged direct to the DTV box, so I know the DTV box, HDMI cable, TV are all working fine.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated – my wife is not to happy that my “expensive” setup is causing us so many problems!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-03-2013, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffS1983 View Post

Hey guys,
I have a Denon AVR 2113 with a Samsung UN55D8000 TV. Everything has been working great for months, and then a few days ago, I turned off system with my universal remote. When I tried to turn the system on a few hours later, everything was on (TV, AVR, DTV box), but the TV was getting no signal from the AVR.
My first thought was there was some kind of HDMI handshake issue, so I unplugged and re-plugged the HDMI cable from the TV to the AVR, changed the output multiple times on both the TV and the AVR. I have also reset the microprocessor on the Denon. Nothing has worked and the TV continues to show “No connection”.
What is strange is the TV does recognize that something is plugged in, because the error message changes, but there is just no actual communication. I now have the HDMI cable from the TV plugged direct to the DTV box, so I know the DTV box, HDMI cable, TV are all working fine.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated – my wife is not to happy that my “expensive” setup is causing us so many problems!
Thanks

Something similar happened to my 3313 recently, but in the context of a potentially botched firmware update. The receiver shut down by itself during an update, and then when it came up, the HDMI output(s) no longer work. I reset the microprocessor and the network on the receiver multiple times, as well as reset my TV back to factory defaults, and the issue persists.

I then moved the same cables and sources to my older Marantz, and everything works fine. My Denon is going back to the manufacturer to be replaced. rolleyes.gif This "upgrade" has been nothing short of a nightmare so far.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-03-2013, 04:54 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked: 1523
Did the DTV box just get a recent firmware update? This has caused issues with other DTV owners in the past. Best configuration to avoid any further DTV issues is to connect DTV(HDMI) to the TV with DTV(optical) to the 2113CI.

Also note, there is a dedicated Denon AVR-XX13 Owner's thread linked in my sig. Be sure to review posts #3-6 in that thread for more helpful information.

---------------------------------
"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Mon - Fri: 10am – 10pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #4 of 7 Old 01-03-2013, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

jds, that is really helpful. Thank you. I had checked that threat, but honestly a lot of it went right over my head. I will do my best to use it first going forward.

One quick question though....if I switch to the component from the DTV box to the AVR, do I have to do something to get the TV to recognize the AVR again? It current doesn't work for anything, Wii, DVD, Audio, etc.

Also, any easy way to tell when the last firmware update was?

Thanks!!!!
post #5 of 7 Old 01-03-2013, 06:14 PM
585-645-1006

If you choose to use component video from the DVR (rather than HDMI to the TV), the AVR will convert the signal to HDMI. You indicated that only the DVR wasn't working ... which is why I suggested the direct connection to the TV. If none of the sources are working then that would be another issue entirely. Firmware updates are discussed in post #6 of the Owner's thread linked in my sig.

"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

post #6 of 7 Old 01-03-2013, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

I apologize if I didn't explain that well. I can't get anything to connect through the AVR.

Another HDMI direct to the TV isnt really feasible right now...the TV is above a fireplace and the HDMI runs about 15 feet behind the wall. Guess I should have ran multiple HDMIs when I had the TV installed.
post #7 of 7 Old 01-04-2013, 03:34 AM
585-645-1006

Have you tried connecting the HDMI cable to the TV's other HDMI inputs? What about simply unplugging the AVR for about 10 or more minutes? Give those a try first. If still no joy, try disconnecting all source and TV cables to the AVR. Then do the Network reset procedure listed in post #5 of the XX13 Owner's thread linked in my sig. Reconnect the AVR to TV cable. Then connect each device cable one at a time to every HDMI input on the AVR. With each move to a new HDMI input, power on the TV, then AVR, then source device waiting maybe 10 seconds between each device, then power all off and repeat with a new HDMI input. Otherwise, if still no joy, you're likely looking at repair. Check Denon's website to determine if there are any authorized repair facilities in your local area.

"JD" –

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 2113ci Receiver , Samsung Un55d8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver 2011 Model
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page