I have been having a problem since I got the receiver in April. It seems like if I play music at any higher level for about 20 minutes it ends up overheating and shutting down. This has yet to happen during movies, and that is with it louder than when playing music 90% of the time
Now I dont have it in an ideal place, because I am limited to it being in my the middle shelf of my glass entertainment center. I have about 6 inches of room on its left (me facing receiver), 4 inches above, and alot of room to the right. It seems if I play any music -10 or louder on the receiver for a short period of time it overheats.
I am only powering energy take classic speakers all around and a VTF 15H sub. I will say I am fairly new to the HT aspect of things hence the tiny satellites and big subwoofer. Bought the speakers when I was just planning on having speakers in the room. But this stuff grows on you fast and is addicting haha.
I have really been itching lately to update my speakers to some better equipment, maybe some bookshelves or floorstanding, and a good center channel, but this overheating issue just running these tiny speakers leads me to believe that may not be possible with this receiver.
Is this a normal deal with my receiver or could there possibly be something wrong? Or is it just that my receiver being in somewhat tight quarters just needs to breath some more?