Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanaa Alaas View Post

Hi ,
Recently bought a Yamaha RX-V773 , I am trying to stream Audio from my Android phone and never able to do that.
Previously I had a Denon and I was able to stream Youtube audio form my Android phone(Galaxy S3).

Airplay works and Able to access XBMC for the receiver.

The issue is not able to stream audio from my Android device?Is this a issue or limitation of this receiver?

This app works great: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp&hl=en

If you have google music all access subscription, this app works nicely too: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp&hl=en

Denon AVR-X2000------>Def Tech PM1000's------>Def Tech PC2000------->Sub(TBD)
Pioneer Pro111FD viewed from 7'------>Picture mode, ISF Day(calibrated by umr)
Sony PS3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 910 Old 01-26-2014, 04:10 PM

Liked: 10
Is it possible to modify the volume levels of zone 1 and zone 2 separately, similar to the sub and input volume trim? I want my zone 2 to be at a higher volume than zone 1.

Currently in order to get decent volume out of zone 2, I have to have the volume past -10. But the zone 1 speakers are too loud at that point. I did find some setting for zone 2 (zone 2 zone control), but it says "volume fixed" when I try to adjust it.
post #633 of 910 Old 01-26-2014, 04:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by d9988 View Post

Is it possible to modify the volume levels of zone 1 and zone 2 separately, similar to the sub and input volume trim? I want my zone 2 to be at a higher volume than zone 1.

Currently in order to get decent volume out of zone 2, I have to have the volume past -10. But the zone 1 speakers are too loud at that point. I did find some setting for zone 2 (zone 2 zone control), but it says "volume fixed" when I try to adjust it.
Do you have 2 very different kinds of speakers in the different zones?

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #634 of 910 Old 01-26-2014, 04:32 PM

Zone 2 is internal/external speakers. 4 or 5 pairs hooked up to a speaker switch. And each has individual wall mount volume control.

My input is via the Yamaha bluetooth adapter (digital) so im limited to av1 and av2 I believe. Looks like zone2 Volume adjustments might be limited to analog sources?
post #635 of 910 Old 01-26-2014, 05:05 PM

Nevermind got it to work. Went to onscreen setup--setup--manual setup--power amp assign. Then changed to 7ch+1zone (instead of basic). Now when I press zone co trol I can control zone 2 volume separately smile.gif best of all it works with digital input so I can still use the yamaha bluetooth adapter. Hope this helps someone else who runs into the volume fixed issue for zone 2
post #636 of 910 Old 01-26-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBloggz View Post

This app works great: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp&hl=en

If you have google music all access subscription, this app works nicely too: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp&hl=en

Thanks All for the reply.
post #637 of 910 Old 01-26-2014, 06:01 PM

Using Iphone Airplay with youtube app I am able to send audio to the receiver, Is there something equivalent in Android world?

I tried youtube app and not able to send the audio using Android. Though I am able to stream/send audio from other apps like music player.
post #638 of 910 Old 01-26-2014, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony.tam View Post

I know I can most likely solve this issue by purchasing higher power amps to hook up to the receiver. However with the exception of my receiver shutting down my system produces more than acceptable SPL's The only reason I turn up the volume on my Yamaha is so I can have a lower volume from my NAD T 761. I'm attempting to use the Yamaha as a preamp and control the volume through the NAD as the noise level is a bit higher in the NAD. I probably could skip my NAD all together but I like the sound from the NAD, and it does provide more clean power, at least on paper.
What speakers are you using? I don't have that U-571 DVD. Isn't it known for good bass? Are you claiming that the front speaker preamp outs are shutting down or the subwoofer out? I would consider replacing that NAD receiver with a standalone amp for the front speakers. Or use a big dedicated subwoofer (or 2) and class d amp. Whatever it takes to avoid full volume. That 761 does get some harsh comments here and is getting old. http://www.audioreview.com/cat/amplification/a-v-receivers/nad/t761/prd_125205_2718crx.aspx

I did disconnect my speakers and play a directv 5.1 signal at full volume on the Yamaha 773 with no problem.
No way i'm going full volume with the speakers connected. Too loud. That DVD might be putting out a weird signal?
post #639 of 910 Old 01-26-2014, 08:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d9988 View Post

Nevermind got it to work. Went to onscreen setup--setup--manual setup--power amp assign. Then changed to 7ch+1zone (instead of basic). Now when I press zone co trol I can control zone 2 volume separately smile.gif best of all it works with digital input so I can still use the yamaha bluetooth adapter. Hope this helps someone else who runs into the volume fixed issue for zone 2
Are you using party mode and sending the same audio source to both zones? If both zones are playing different audio sources most receivers won't play a digital audio to zone 2. The manual claims only analog, usb or network sources play to zone 2. Except in party mode. Just curious. Otherwise a digital to analog converter is usually required. I have ethernet and wifi and haven't tried Bluetooth. Some claim it is a compressed signal. Can you tell?
post #640 of 910 Old 01-26-2014, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkenit2 View Post

What speakers are you using? I don't have that U-571 DVD. Isn't it known for good bass? Are you claiming that the front speaker preamp outs are shutting down or the subwoofer out? I would consider replacing that NAD receiver with a standalone amp for the front speakers. Or use a big dedicated subwoofer (or 2) and class d amp. Whatever it takes to avoid full volume. That 761 does get some harsh comments here and is getting old. http://www.audioreview.com/cat/amplification/a-v-receivers/nad/t761/prd_125205_2718crx.aspx

I did disconnect my speakers and play a directv 5.1 signal at full volume on the Yamaha 773 with no problem.
No way i'm going full volume with the speakers connected. Too loud. That DVD might be putting out a weird signal?

I run PSB stratus Gold I for my fronts, C6 for the center, and Mini for my rears.

I do realize the 761 has it's issues, however it's job is to drive all my speakers and it does that pretty well so I'd rather not replace that. Do you have Netflix? I just played Hansel and Gretel witch hunters and found it shutdown my amp within a few minutes of the movie starting, shortly after the enter the candy house. Maybe the dvd does something werid, I just noticed it recreates a very similar if not exact issue. I do run into this in many different movies, and sources.

I'm actually not sure what cause it to shutdown. I only know it shuts down and know approximately what creates the trigger to shut it down. I don't have a sub.

Thank you for taking the time to try this out. I do have a case open with Yamaha and the initial tech was pretty shocked and does not feel this should happen either. They are escalating it to level 2 and will get back to me in a few days. I'm glad they are not asking me to send in my receiver as I don't feel that would accomplish anything other than give some money to shippers.
post #641 of 910 Old 01-26-2014, 10:21 PM

Quote:

Are you using party mode and sending the same audio source to both zones? If both zones are playing different audio sources most receivers won't play a digital audio to zone 2. The manual claims only analog, usb or network sources play to zone 2. Except in party mode. Just curious. Otherwise a digital to analog converter is usually required. I have ethernet and wifi and haven't tried Bluetooth. Some claim it is a compressed signal. Can you tell?

Yup, I am using party mode. Wanted all the speakers to play the same music. The bluetooth sounds really clean to me, although I havent tried any other streaming options yet.
post #642 of 910 Old 01-26-2014, 10:25 PM
AVS Special Member

So I assume you are running the two towers off the nad amps and the other three off the Yamaha?
Are all 5 speakers set to large? I don't own towers so I am not sure if fronts can be large and surround small etc.

I see two problems. Those towers are not very efficient and don't play the deep bass notes you want.
They only go to 30hz and those movies go way lower. You need to set them to small and get a hefty plated
subwoofer that plays loud at 20hz.

The other thing is the nad receiver will do what you want, but that wasn't the main purpose of that box.
You need to crank it up, but it gets noisy correct? Forget the subwoofer, set them to large and get a beefy
stereo amp. Those towers still won't do the 20 hz and below that you trying to play.

Selling the nad and buying a subwoofer with a class d amp would be cheapest. Music doesn't need the
low bass playback near as much as newer movies. That 571 DVD is known for deep bass.
I'm using a sv sound pb12+ in a large room and that baby will shake your beard off.
post #643 of 910 Old 01-27-2014, 03:32 PM

Liked: 14

I moved my 2.1 system upstairs to a music only room. Everything was working fine and then i ran auto setup. As a result it decided to stop recognizing the subwoofer!!! Ive ran it again, still no dice. Actually let me clarify that. When it runs the setup, it does recognize the subwoofer, but the minute it ends, the speaker/sub icons disappear on the front display. Once i plug my ipod to usb though, it only shows the 2 front speaker icons. I am baffled....Any way to fix this without hauling this stuff over to room with a TV for on screen setup?

post #644 of 910 Old 01-27-2014, 03:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by papashango61 View Post

I moved my 2.1 system upstairs to a music only room. Everything was working fine and then i ran auto setup. As a result it decided to stop recognizing the subwoofer!!! Ive ran it again, still no dice. Actually let me clarify that. When it runs the setup, it does recognize the subwoofer, but the minute it ends, the speaker/sub icons disappear on the front display. Once i plug my ipod to usb though, it only shows the 2 front speaker icons. I am baffled....Any way to fix this without hauling this stuff over to room with a TV for on screen setup?
Front speakers set to Small? Put the ip address of the receiver into your computer and you can do a lot of setup. Ex 192.168.1.1/setup/

post #645 of 910 Old 01-27-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:

So I assume you are running the two towers off the nad amps and the other three off the Yamaha?
Are all 5 speakers set to large? I don't own towers so I am not sure if fronts can be large and surround small etc.

I see two problems. Those towers are not very efficient and don't play the deep bass notes you want.
They only go to 30hz and those movies go way lower. You need to set them to small and get a hefty plated
subwoofer that plays loud at 20hz.

The other thing is the nad receiver will do what you want, but that wasn't the main purpose of that box.
You need to crank it up, but it gets noisy correct? Forget the subwoofer, set them to large and get a beefy
stereo amp. Those towers still won't do the 20 hz and below that you trying to play.

Selling the nad and buying a subwoofer with a class d amp would be cheapest. Music doesn't need the
low bass playback near as much as newer movies. That 571 DVD is known for deep bass.
I'm using a sv sound pb12+ in a large room and that baby will shake your beard off.

No, only the front 2 are set to large. The surround are set to small.

Correct the speakers are not the most efficient. However the range they play at is fine for me. I'm not getting a sub for the sake of my neighbor. Actually the NAD is doing exactly what it was designed to do. I purchased it with the understanding that it would drive my speakers. The DAC has gone defective so I've purchased a new DAC with increased capability, and connected to it's 5.1 external input setting which has analog inputs. If one wanted to be able to decode signals that the NAD was not capable of one would buy a new processor and hook it up.

The Yamaha is a receiver with preamp out. If one wanted to use a different amp the preamp outputs would be connected to the amp from the 773. I would suspect the internal amp would no longer be needed if a 5 channel amp were used and I believe people would move their speakers over. Yamaha does not make any load dongles to put onto the speakers terminals that I know of. The manual does not state that the volume should be limited to a certain level if it's to be used as a pre-amp.

actually if I remember correctly, since it's been a while since I shopped for high end audio but all the amps and receivers have some noise when turned up enough. Which is why I like to play my NAD at -15 or below. When I used the nad as a receiver I remember pretty much all audio sources would have some noise if I turned up the volume loud enough, however when there's constant music the noise is generally noticeable. Which is why I want to be able to set the Yamaha to be as loud as possible. Since in movies there are often silent parts and the noise can be really annoying. Shouldn't the Yamaha be able to play max volume with a external amp connected?

Yes I remember that U-571 had great bass back when I had a sub, in fact it was a home made sub with 3 15's and I was powering them with about 1000W. That did knock stuff off my walls, but I'm not looking to do that anymore. Actually I had a really interesting discussion with the tech and he told me in the past many people had problems with high volume and high frequencies from gun shots. Their receivers would shutdown and the issue was solved using larger gauge speaker wire. So maybe it's high freq causing the issues, I just though it was low because that stood out to me more.
post #646 of 910 Old 01-27-2014, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Front speakers set to Small? Put the ip address of the receiver into your computer and you can do a lot of setup. Ex 192.168.1.1/setup/

where can i find the receivers IP? Im slow :cool:

post #647 of 910 Old 01-27-2014, 04:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

where can i find the receivers IP? Im slow cool.gif
Can you log into your router?

post #648 of 910 Old 01-27-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Can you log into your router?

yes, i am logged in

post #649 of 910 Old 01-27-2014, 04:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

yes, i am logged in
I guess that means you need step by step instructions.
Look at connected devices and that should tell you their ip address.

post #650 of 910 Old 01-28-2014, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Tony.tam. I have only one more comment. Once you determine a suitable volume level for the nad amps run the yamaha mic setup and don't touch the nad volume again. Any speaker level adjustment after that should be done in the Yamaha manual speaker setup or volume control. See if that helps. The Yamaha is trying to calibrate the preamp out voltage to match the internal amps. Once you change the nad amp gain that gets out of whack.
post #651 of 910 Old 01-29-2014, 07:32 AM

SubWoofer Connection Question

Ok - I just set up this beautiful receiver (RX-V773) and I love it.  I  have a Polk sub connected at speaker level (front speaker wires going out of the receiver -- into the sub -- out of the sub -- to the front speakers).  I do not have a coax sub input on my sub .. only rca L & R inputs.

​The sound I get is really great, especially considering I am using older Polk 5.1 satellite speakers.  The speakers are about to change - arriving today are my center (Infinity Primus C351)  and fronts (Infinity Primus P163's).  My rear speakers will be in wall monoprice 2 way speakers and my rear/side (for the 7.1) will probably be the polk satellite speakers that are currently my rear - as I am having a difficult time finding a place for the sides as the room is wide open on the left.

So, my question - after all that .. is   .. Do I need to change anything with the sub?  The receiver gives me the option to add a 2nd sub, but I really don't think I need it.  Also, should all the speakers be set to small (except center) so the bass is driven to the sub?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. 

post #652 of 910 Old 01-29-2014, 07:40 AM

Is anyone using 4 ohm speakers with this unit? Is there any reason this would be a problem?
post #653 of 910 Old 01-29-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmilbrand View Post

SubWoofer Connection Question

Ok - I just set up this beautiful receiver (RX-V773) and I love it.  I  have a Polk sub connected at speaker level (front speaker wires going out of the receiver -- into the sub -- out of the sub -- to the front speakers).  I do not have a coax sub input on my sub .. only rca L & R inputs.

​The sound I get is really great, especially considering I am using older Polk 5.1 satellite speakers.  The speakers are about to change - arriving today are my center (Infinity Primus C351)  and fronts (Infinity Primus P163's).  My rear speakers will be in wall monoprice 2 way speakers and my rear/side (for the 7.1) will probably be the polk satellite speakers that are currently my rear - as I am having a difficult time finding a place for the sides as the room is wide open on the left.

So, my question - after all that .. is   .. Do I need to change anything with the sub?  The receiver gives me the option to add a 2nd sub, but I really don't think I need it.  Also, should all the speakers be set to small (except center) so the bass is driven to the sub?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. 

You can mix speakers, however speakers from different manufactures, even series or lines in the same manufacture could have different timber. If the timber is not matched when there are sounds that move from speaker to speaker the sound will be different. However if you don't mind that you can mix and match speakers.
post #654 of 910 Old 01-30-2014, 12:40 PM

Usage Question of the 773:

I want to watch TV using HDMI1 input, but play music through the amp on HDMI3 (Roku). I see the option to change the audio source, but only the analog audio sources are showing up (ie CD, AV1, AV2 etc..), but no HDMI audio inputs.

Is there a way to do this?

Video from HDMI1 but audio from HDMI3
post #655 of 910 Old 01-30-2014, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by golf7 View Post

Usage Question of the 773:

I want to watch TV using HDMI1 input, but play music through the amp on HDMI3 (Roku). I see the option to change the audio source, but only the analog audio sources are showing up (ie CD, AV1, AV2 etc..), but no HDMI audio inputs.

Is there a way to do this?

Video from HDMI1 but audio from HDMI3

No. On one of these thread I noted that this might be possible, but I was quickly corrected smile.gif As you said, you can set non-HDMI audio sources to have a specific Video Out that is HDMI, but you can't mix and match HDMI signals. Perhaps the reason is that this would violate HDCP rules--basically, you're not allowed to break content out of the HDMI loop to prevent piracy (or some such bs). I'm not sure if this is the reason, just guessing.
post #656 of 910 Old 01-30-2014, 12:51 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I got a question about rhapsody. When I stream rhapsody from airplay or the internal app the sound quality is not that great.its really sibilant and kind of harsh on the high end,I guess shrill would be a word to describe it. Now iTunes or music unlimited sound ok on airplay. I turned on high quality streaming on rhapsody but can't hear any difference. I never tried rhapsody before I got this receiver,so I can't compare how it sounds on anything else. Just for a reference the song cowboys from hell by pantera is one of the worst examples of the issue,almost painfull to listen to its so shrill sounding. Anyone else experience this?
post #657 of 910 Old 01-30-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkRationally View Post

No. On one of these thread I noted that this might be possible, but I was quickly corrected smile.gif As you said, you can set non-HDMI audio sources to have a specific Video Out that is HDMI, but you can't mix and match HDMI signals. Perhaps the reason is that this would violate HDCP rules--basically, you're not allowed to break content out of the HDMI loop to prevent piracy (or some such bs). I'm not sure if this is the reason, just guessing.

Thanks, Does anyone know if Airplay is possible to listen through the speakers while HDMI1 video is being shown on screen ?
post #658 of 910 Old 01-30-2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf7 View Post

Thanks, Does anyone know if Airplay is possible to listen through the speakers while HDMI1 video is being shown on screen ?

Just answered my own question. You can go to input menu, hit Up, and choose your input video for Airplay. This is pretty useful and almost as good as having audio from another hardwired source
post #659 of 910 Old 02-02-2014, 09:55 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by usery View Post

from their post it sounds like 395€ is a super bargain for that resident of the EU .

"Resident of the EU?!!" Are you a lawyer?
post #660 of 910 Old 02-02-2014, 10:15 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvaughan15 View Post

Firmware Update on a Mac.  

I am trying to do the firmware 1.8 update using a MAC.  I can download it but when i use the mac zip utility I only get TIF files.  Anyone have experience getting the update off the mac and on to a usb drive?

When you've downloaded the zip file, double click the file - it should expand into a .bin file which you should drop onto a fat formatted usb stick and plug it into the usb socket in the front of your 773. At the moment, I'm using a Mac Mini running 10.9.1 Mavericks OS, but I've used my old Mac Book Pro using Snow Leopard os without any problems. Maybe have a look at your ZIP expander, reinstall it?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V773wa Receiver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page