"The Official Yamaha RX-V773 Thread" - Page 33 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 31  32  33
Receivers, Amps, and Processors > "The Official Yamaha RX-V773 Thread"
kaosx77's Avatar kaosx77 06:05 AM 04-21-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
Call Yamaha.
Yeah i may just do that, Its out of warranty so ill have to pay to get it fixed, But i have decided to go buy a new one tomorow cant go without 1 for a month or more

Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 06:10 AM 04-21-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosx77 View Post
Yeah i may just do that, Its out of warranty so ill have to pay to get it fixed, But i have decided to go buy a new one tomorow cant go without 1 for a month or more
You're assuming it needs repair. That may not be the case.
cesar123's Avatar cesar123 09:03 AM 04-21-2015
kaosx77,

Try doing a factory reset on your receiver: http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/...k_u/10297/7581

Remember, that'll erase any preferences saved on your receiver (named inputs, calibration, yada yada yada).
SickNick's Avatar SickNick 05:57 AM 05-06-2015
Hi All

I have been using a V773 for several years now and have been loving it. Unfortunately a week ago, my speakers started emitting crackling noises and occasionally the audio would go away and come back randomly. Looking at the unit's display, all the speaker channels were disappearing and coming back again.

There was a storm a few weeks ago so I don't know if there was a surge that broke a capacitor or something like that. I do have a surge protection power board so I don't know if it was related to the storm.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 07:12 AM 05-06-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickNick View Post
Hi All

I have been using a V773 for several years now and have been loving it. Unfortunately a week ago, my speakers started emitting crackling noises and occasionally the audio would go away and come back randomly. Looking at the unit's display, all the speaker channels were disappearing and coming back again.

There was a storm a few weeks ago so I don't know if there was a surge that broke a capacitor or something like that. I do have a surge protection power board so I don't know if it was related to the storm.

Unplug it for a while. Do a factory reset. Sounds damaged.
cesar123's Avatar cesar123 09:10 PM 05-13-2015
Hey guys,

How much do you guys think I could fetch with a 773WABL that's been sent to me from an authorized service center?
No *major* issue, but they checked the whole shebang anyway...

It's like new, so I'm not sure if I should sell it or keep it depending on what I could sell it for.

Thanks
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 09:36 PM 05-13-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesar123 View Post
Hey guys,

How much do you guys think I could fetch with a 773WABL that's been sent to me from an authorized service center?
No *major* issue, but they checked the whole shebang anyway...

It's like new, so I'm not sure if I should sell it or keep it depending on what I could sell it for.

Thanks
Keep it. Unless you run into an idiot you won't get nearly enough to replace it. Refurbished 777s are selling pretty cheap right now and 775s for even less.
pwdump's Avatar pwdump 05:01 PM 06-15-2015
I have an issue I'm hoping for some guidance on. I used the unit this morning no problem. This afternoon it powers on, but no audio or video. Front display on the unit appears normal. It also doesn't connect to the network. Hard wired into a switch and I don't even get a link light. Also notice that there is a significant delay (5s) between pressing power to turn it off and hearing the relay click. Never noticed this before.

I have done the internal breaker reset (hold power for 10s) and a factory reset (hold straight, press power, init-all). Also tried opening the circuit protection (Main Zone + Info + Tone Control). No change. Any ideas or am I screwed?? Thanks in advance.
cesar123's Avatar cesar123 02:33 PM 06-16-2015
^^ Yikes, that doesn't sound good

Try getting ahold of Yamaha's Customer Service. I called them a while back and they were VERY helpful! And if there's nothing you can do, they'll suggest a repair center.

Good luck!
FargateOne 09:09 AM 08-12-2015
I want to send video from my blue-ray player directly to my TV via one hdmi cable (using hdmi av out of panasonic BDT-500) and the audio only via an other hdmi cable (setting hdmi sub out of the blue-ray player to v.off as requiested in the owners manual) to hdmi-1 input in the RX-V773.
Either I get the sound without the image or the image without the sound.
Any help please?
ThinkRationally's Avatar ThinkRationally 09:43 AM 08-12-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by FargateOne View Post
I want to send video from my blue-ray player directly to my TV via one hdmi cable (using hdmi av out of panasonic BDT-500) and the audio only via an other hdmi cable (setting hdmi sub out of the blue-ray player to v.off as requiested in the owners manual) to hdmi-1 input in the RX-V773.
Either I get the sound without the image or the image without the sound.
Any help please?
First off, HDCP may prevent this, but I'm not sure. It seems more related to the functionality of your blue ray player than to the AVR. Can the player output on two HDMI outputs simultaneously? It sounds like you're just switching from one to the other now. You could try an HDMI splitter, but I'm not sure how that's different from just running both audio and video through your AVR.

I believe both HDMI cables, if you can get them to work simultaneously, will carry both audio and video data, and that you'll only be using one or the other from each.

If the blue ray player has other audio outputs, like optical or coax, you could connect that to your AVR, and run the HDMI to the TV.

I assume there is a reason why you don't want to just run the video through the AVR?
FargateOne 03:58 PM 08-12-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkRationally View Post
First off, HDCP may prevent this, but I'm not sure. It seems more related to the functionality of your blue ray player than to the AVR. Can the player output on two HDMI outputs simultaneously? It sounds like you're just switching from one to the other now. You could try an HDMI splitter, but I'm not sure how that's different from just running both audio and video through your AVR.

I believe both HDMI cables, if you can get them to work simultaneously, will carry both audio and video data, and that you'll only be using one or the other from each.

If the blue ray player has other audio outputs, like optical or coax, you could connect that to your AVR, and run the HDMI to the TV.

I assume there is a reason why you don't want to just run the video through the AVR?
The panasonic has 2 hdmi out and the setting v.off in hdmi sub output is for sending audio only
The reason is if I wanted to put a nanoAvr DL to use dirac live equing I must put it between the bd player and the receiver and feed it with LPCM only (this device does not decode) via hdmi cable. Even if the nanoavr passes through the video signal internally I imagine that I could have a better sound if I seperate it first in the player.
But maybe I am wrong; elsewhere many say that there is no difference between sound quality when sound is sent from bd player with one cable and video from an other.
ThinkRationally's Avatar ThinkRationally 05:21 PM 08-12-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by FargateOne View Post
Even if the nanoavr passes through the video signal internally I imagine that I could have a better sound if I seperate it first in the player.
But maybe I am wrong; elsewhere many say that there is no difference between sound quality when sound is sent from bd player with one cable and video from an other.
It's a digital signal, so I don't think it will be degraded at any point prior to being decoded. My complete guess is that video passthrough won't affect the audio signal, but I really don't know what's going on inside the nanoAVR. I'd just give it a try running everything through it and see if you're satisfied.

The nanoAVR intrigues me. My AVR has PEQ, but messing with it after I've run room correction is completely hit and miss. I have a miniDSP on my sub out to flatten that a bit, but sometimes I'd just like to boost or cut certain parts for different listening material (like boosting mid-bass for some music).

Hope it works out for you.
jlaws77 07:43 AM 09-01-2015
Recently completed the firmware update (1.91) for my 773 via USB - after updating the "UPDATE SUCCESS" message displayed, however when I check the info it still has the version number as 1.85.

The receiver seems to be working fine, but I'm not sure the update went in properly since the version number is incorrect.

Related question - part of my concern is that I received a notice from SiriusXM that my Yamaha device would need an update to continue streaming their service effective 9/30/15. I had thought that this current update (1.91) may address this issue, but am now not sure if that is the case (particularly given the issue above).

Thoughts?
mattcolq 10:07 AM 09-09-2015
My receiver shut off by itself yesterday and won't comeback on. When I push the power button, the red light just blinks a few times. I have already unplugged the receiver for a while and tried to turn it on. This doesn't fix the problem. I also held the power button for a while (more than 10 seconds). A message appears on screen that says "Please wait" but nothing happens. I bought the receiver in Sept. 2012 from amazon.com so it's out of warranty. What can I do to fix this?
drummernrg's Avatar drummernrg 05:49 PM 09-10-2015
Matt, sounds like a power issue. I would disconnect your receiver from *everything* (speakers, HDMI cables, etc.), leaving only the power cable connected. If it still does not turn on, then you need to take it to a Yamaha repair center.
Julio Cesar De Salvo 05:28 PM 09-22-2015
Quote:
Hi All

Hi where you be able to fix it? I have the same problem. Regards!
SickNick's Avatar SickNick 05:48 PM 09-22-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Cesar De Salvo View Post
Hi where you be able to fix it? I have the same problem. Regards!
Hi there

yes I was able to get it fixed. It turned out to be the HDMI controller that was faulty. The replacement part cost $770 AUD which was paid for by my insurance company
Julio Cesar De Salvo 06:13 PM 09-22-2015
Quote:
Hi there

yes I was able to get it fixed. It turned out to be the HDMI controller that was faulty. The replacement part cost $770 AUD which was paid for by my insurance company
Actually, i'm having similar issues with the FM radio, but maybe the HDMI controller is conflicting somehow. Thanks so much for the reply!
SickNick's Avatar SickNick 06:27 PM 09-22-2015
Quote:
Hi there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Cesar De Salvo View Post
Actually, i'm having similar issues with the FM radio, but maybe the HDMI controller is conflicting somehow. Thanks so much for the reply!
Oh is it. Could be. Make sure you are on the latest firmware. If you still have issues, maybe take it into the place you got it from to inspect it and send to their preferred repairer.

You're welcome.
OceanAmerica 03:58 PM 10-15-2015
Hi guys

My Yamaha RX-V773 occasionally and intermittently "pops" through the speakers

This sometimes completely cuts out the audio for a few minutes and come back on.

I am running a Samsung TV from the HDMI (arc) port of that into the HDMI out 1 (ARC) of the Amp.

Any ideas what it could be?

cheers
Julio Cesar De Salvo 2 03:49 PM 10-22-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanAmerica View Post
Hi guys

My Yamaha RX-V773 occasionally and intermittently "pops" through the speakers

This sometimes completely cuts out the audio for a few minutes and come back on.

I am running a Samsung TV from the HDMI (arc) port of that into the HDMI out 1 (ARC) of the Amp.

Any ideas what it could be?

cheers
I'm still having the same issue. I sent the receiver to the technical support and they say nothing is wrong with it. Really don't know what to do. regards!
Sancho101's Avatar Sancho101 09:48 AM 11-02-2015
I bought a factory refurb HTR-7065 from Newegg over a year ago. It is basically the same AVR as the RX-V773. Here's my set-up:

- I use a Google Chromecast to stream music to the AVR using a Rhapsody subscription.
- Monoprice Premium 5.1 (8 inch sub) and a Dayton Sub-1200 (12 inch sub)
- I run the dual subs from the two RCA sub-outs
- I ran YPAO a couple of days ago.
- YPAO set all of the speakers to small
- Crossover is set to 110hz
- Extra bass setting is off

Here's the problem: Yesterday I wanted to test how deep the bass could go. I ran some 20 hz to 40 hz signals using some tracks in Rhapsody. I could here port chuffing coming from the center channel. Audio could only be heard coming from the subs and the center channel with these test tones. I'm concerned that these deep bass frequencies are going to the center channel even though the speakers are set to "small". I think this could potentially damage the center channel.

Has anyone else tried running low frequency test sounds through their system? Do you hear audio coming from the center channel even though the center channel speaker is set to "small"?
ivflight's Avatar ivflight 06:56 PM 11-26-2015
In my setup there's one annoying characteristic of my 773: I have a PC connected via hdmi and digital audio (two cables) so that I can play audio when all the screens are off. I have HDMI3 set to use AV1 as the audio source. It almost does what I want, but if I have the tv and receiver/speakers on, then turn off only the TV, it kills the speakers. I have to then turn on only the receiver (can't press the scene button because that'll also turn on the tv). This happens all the time when we're playing just audio and decide we don't need the tv burning energy, then we have to go through this annoying sequence of turning off the tv then turning off and back on the receiver so it reacquires the audio.
Jason P 08:30 PM 12-14-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Cesar De Salvo 2 View Post
I'm still having the same issue. I sent the receiver to the technical support and they say nothing is wrong with it. Really don't know what to do. regards!
Did you guys ever get resolution on this? Mine is exhibiting the same behaviors now, even after factory reset
Ninjahedge's Avatar Ninjahedge 10:33 PM 12-18-2015
OK,

I have gone through (most of) the 33 pages in the thread and I have not seen an answer to what I am looking for.

Simply put, I am trying to figure out why my receiver likes AV5 so much and why it keeps switching to it 5 seconds after hooking up to HDMI1 connected to the Tuner box.

Scenario is simple. I get the Harmony remote programmed to switch everything on (which was difficult when my new TV and the receiver would both use the same power code... but I resolved that... I think). After switching and having the remote command the receiver to go to HDMI1, everything is fine, for 5 seconds.

Then, for no reason, the receiver switches audio only to AV5, leaving the picture up. It is not the remote (I covered the IR transmitters after the initial startup), and I do not think it is the TV (Samsung 700D). It is also not AV5.. NOTHING is plugged into that row of jacks in the back. If I hit HDMI again, it goes back and everything is OK.

I don't want to have to do that every time.

Anybody know what the hell is going on? (BTW, just flashed the latest FW to... 1.91 I believe? So I do not think it is anything Yamaha has addressed directly).

Any help is MORE than welcome!
drummernrg's Avatar drummernrg 02:06 PM 12-20-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
OK,
Simply put, I am trying to figure out why my receiver likes AV5 so much and why it keeps switching to it 5 seconds after hooking up to HDMI1 connected to the Tuner box.

Then, for no reason, the receiver switches audio only to AV5, leaving the picture up. It is not the remote (I covered the IR transmitters after the initial startup), and I do not think it is the TV (Samsung 700D). It is also not AV5.. NOTHING is plugged into that row of jacks in the back. If I hit HDMI again, it goes back and everything is OK.
I don't have a good answer and I have a Harmony remote as well, my PS4 uses CEC to switch the Yamaha HDMI input to it automatically when I turn on the PS4 no matter what input I have on.

You say you hit HDMI again: where? On the TV remote, the AVR remote, the Harmony remote?

Perhaps doing a factory reset on the Yamaha will clear up any potential setting you made which changes the audio input, but that is another guess.
kriktsemaj99's Avatar kriktsemaj99 02:17 PM 12-20-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
...Simply put, I am trying to figure out why my receiver likes AV5 so much and why it keeps switching to it 5 seconds after hooking up to HDMI1 connected to the Tuner box...

Turn off HDMI Control (CEC) in the receiver and any other devices that support it. Since you have a Harmony you want to use that to control everything, so you don't need CEC anyway.
Ninjahedge's Avatar Ninjahedge 07:40 AM 12-22-2015
Yep, that worked. It was difficult to find though. On screen menu for inputs I believe, then over to HDMI1, then up arrow, then turning the top setting from auto to off.

It was just not clearly labeled.

Thanks!
Razvan Leon 06:44 AM 12-26-2015
Hi there guys & girls,

I am not really sure if this is where i should post this question , so if this is not the right place please let me know and will remove.
I have had this yamaha rx 773 for quite a wile now, and there's one thing that i cant figure out, i normally play my music from a USB memory stick and along with all the melodies on it i have this album artwork that is showing in the file list, the problem is that when i start playing this music once it reach the album artwork thumbnail it stops playing and i have to skip them files manually so it starts playing again...
Is there any way in deleting those silly album artwork files or have them hidden so it keep playing continually without interruption?
Thank you in advance
Leon
Tags: Yamaha Rx V773wa Receiver
First ... 31  32  33

Up