"The Official Yamaha RX-V773 Thread" - Page 33 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #961 of 974 Old 04-21-2015, 05:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post
Call Yamaha.
Yeah i may just do that, Its out of warranty so ill have to pay to get it fixed, But i have decided to go buy a new one tomorow cant go without 1 for a month or more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #962 of 974 Old 04-21-2015, 05:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Liked: 1136
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosx77 View Post
Yeah i may just do that, Its out of warranty so ill have to pay to get it fixed, But i have decided to go buy a new one tomorow cant go without 1 for a month or more
You're assuming it needs repair. That may not be the case.
post #963 of 974 Old 04-21-2015, 08:03 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 385
kaosx77,

Try doing a factory reset on your receiver: http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/...k_u/10297/7581

Remember, that'll erase any preferences saved on your receiver (named inputs, calibration, yada yada yada).

Yippee-ki-yay...
post #964 of 974 Old 05-06-2015, 04:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi All

I have been using a V773 for several years now and have been loving it. Unfortunately a week ago, my speakers started emitting crackling noises and occasionally the audio would go away and come back randomly. Looking at the unit's display, all the speaker channels were disappearing and coming back again.

There was a storm a few weeks ago so I don't know if there was a surge that broke a capacitor or something like that. I do have a surge protection power board so I don't know if it was related to the storm.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
post #965 of 974 Old 05-06-2015, 06:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickNick View Post
Hi All

I have been using a V773 for several years now and have been loving it. Unfortunately a week ago, my speakers started emitting crackling noises and occasionally the audio would go away and come back randomly. Looking at the unit's display, all the speaker channels were disappearing and coming back again.

There was a storm a few weeks ago so I don't know if there was a surge that broke a capacitor or something like that. I do have a surge protection power board so I don't know if it was related to the storm.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Unplug it for a while. Do a factory reset. Sounds damaged.
post #966 of 974 Old 05-13-2015, 08:10 PM
Advanced Member

Hey guys,

How much do you guys think I could fetch with a 773WABL that's been sent to me from an authorized service center?
No *major* issue, but they checked the whole shebang anyway...

It's like new, so I'm not sure if I should sell it or keep it depending on what I could sell it for.

Thanks
post #967 of 974 Old 05-13-2015, 08:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesar123 View Post
Hey guys,

How much do you guys think I could fetch with a 773WABL that's been sent to me from an authorized service center?
No *major* issue, but they checked the whole shebang anyway...

It's like new, so I'm not sure if I should sell it or keep it depending on what I could sell it for.

Thanks
Keep it. Unless you run into an idiot you won't get nearly enough to replace it. Refurbished 777s are selling pretty cheap right now and 775s for even less.
post #968 of 974 Old 06-15-2015, 04:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Dead Unit?

I have an issue I'm hoping for some guidance on. I used the unit this morning no problem. This afternoon it powers on, but no audio or video. Front display on the unit appears normal. It also doesn't connect to the network. Hard wired into a switch and I don't even get a link light. Also notice that there is a significant delay (5s) between pressing power to turn it off and hearing the relay click. Never noticed this before.

I have done the internal breaker reset (hold power for 10s) and a factory reset (hold straight, press power, init-all). Also tried opening the circuit protection (Main Zone + Info + Tone Control). No change. Any ideas or am I screwed?? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by pwdump; 06-15-2015 at 04:06 PM.
post #969 of 974 Old 06-16-2015, 01:33 PM
Advanced Member

^^ Yikes, that doesn't sound good

Try getting ahold of Yamaha's Customer Service. I called them a while back and they were VERY helpful! And if there's nothing you can do, they'll suggest a repair center.

Good luck!

Yippee-ki-yay...
post #970 of 974 Old 08-12-2015, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I want to send video from my blue-ray player directly to my TV via one hdmi cable (using hdmi av out of panasonic BDT-500) and the audio only via an other hdmi cable (setting hdmi sub out of the blue-ray player to v.off as requiested in the owners manual) to hdmi-1 input in the RX-V773.
Either I get the sound without the image or the image without the sound.
Any help please?

My system 5.1 :
Yamaha RX-V773/PSB Alpha B and C1/sub SVS PC 2000/Samsung UN55ES8000/DVD Panasonic BDT-500/ set-top (cable box) rented from cable co.
Antimode Dual Core 2.0 between receiver nd sub
My room:15'4" x 11' 6" x 7'6" tv near the center of the long side wall
post #971 of 974 Old 08-12-2015, 08:43 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by FargateOne View Post
I want to send video from my blue-ray player directly to my TV via one hdmi cable (using hdmi av out of panasonic BDT-500) and the audio only via an other hdmi cable (setting hdmi sub out of the blue-ray player to v.off as requiested in the owners manual) to hdmi-1 input in the RX-V773.
Either I get the sound without the image or the image without the sound.
Any help please?
First off, HDCP may prevent this, but I'm not sure. It seems more related to the functionality of your blue ray player than to the AVR. Can the player output on two HDMI outputs simultaneously? It sounds like you're just switching from one to the other now. You could try an HDMI splitter, but I'm not sure how that's different from just running both audio and video through your AVR.

I believe both HDMI cables, if you can get them to work simultaneously, will carry both audio and video data, and that you'll only be using one or the other from each.

If the blue ray player has other audio outputs, like optical or coax, you could connect that to your AVR, and run the HDMI to the TV.

I assume there is a reason why you don't want to just run the video through the AVR?
post #972 of 974 Old 08-12-2015, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkRationally View Post
First off, HDCP may prevent this, but I'm not sure. It seems more related to the functionality of your blue ray player than to the AVR. Can the player output on two HDMI outputs simultaneously? It sounds like you're just switching from one to the other now. You could try an HDMI splitter, but I'm not sure how that's different from just running both audio and video through your AVR.

I believe both HDMI cables, if you can get them to work simultaneously, will carry both audio and video data, and that you'll only be using one or the other from each.

If the blue ray player has other audio outputs, like optical or coax, you could connect that to your AVR, and run the HDMI to the TV.

I assume there is a reason why you don't want to just run the video through the AVR?
The panasonic has 2 hdmi out and the setting v.off in hdmi sub output is for sending audio only
The reason is if I wanted to put a nanoAvr DL to use dirac live equing I must put it between the bd player and the receiver and feed it with LPCM only (this device does not decode) via hdmi cable. Even if the nanoavr passes through the video signal internally I imagine that I could have a better sound if I seperate it first in the player.
But maybe I am wrong; elsewhere many say that there is no difference between sound quality when sound is sent from bd player with one cable and video from an other.

My system 5.1 :
Yamaha RX-V773/PSB Alpha B and C1/sub SVS PC 2000/Samsung UN55ES8000/DVD Panasonic BDT-500/ set-top (cable box) rented from cable co.
Antimode Dual Core 2.0 between receiver nd sub
My room:15'4" x 11' 6" x 7'6" tv near the center of the long side wall
post #973 of 974 Old 08-12-2015, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by FargateOne View Post
Even if the nanoavr passes through the video signal internally I imagine that I could have a better sound if I seperate it first in the player.
But maybe I am wrong; elsewhere many say that there is no difference between sound quality when sound is sent from bd player with one cable and video from an other.
It's a digital signal, so I don't think it will be degraded at any point prior to being decoded. My complete guess is that video passthrough won't affect the audio signal, but I really don't know what's going on inside the nanoAVR. I'd just give it a try running everything through it and see if you're satisfied.

The nanoAVR intrigues me. My AVR has PEQ, but messing with it after I've run room correction is completely hit and miss. I have a miniDSP on my sub out to flatten that a bit, but sometimes I'd just like to boost or cut certain parts for different listening material (like boosting mid-bass for some music).

Hope it works out for you.
post #974 of 974 Old Today, 06:43 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Firmware Update Question/SiriusXM

Recently completed the firmware update (1.91) for my 773 via USB - after updating the "UPDATE SUCCESS" message displayed, however when I check the info it still has the version number as 1.85.

The receiver seems to be working fine, but I'm not sure the update went in properly since the version number is incorrect.

Related question - part of my concern is that I received a notice from SiriusXM that my Yamaha device would need an update to continue streaming their service effective 9/30/15. I had thought that this current update (1.91) may address this issue, but am now not sure if that is the case (particularly given the issue above).

Thoughts?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V773wa Receiver
Gear in this thread