Speaker B - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-04-2013, 01:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I just returned a Sony amp I purchased last week and exchanged it for the Pioneer VSX-42. The reason I exchanged the amp is because I want to listen to music through my exterior patio speakers via Speaker B. Speaker A will be used solely for the television. Unfortunately, I was told by the salesperson that the Sony had this option, but it wasn't the case. Anyway, I have my two exterior speakers ran into Speaker B but there is no sound. I am thinking this has to to with a setting. Can someone help me?

Also, I am having a difficult time understanding the "Surround Back" and "Height" setting. Perhaps someone can elaborate on these two settings.

Thanks,

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-04-2013, 02:23 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 971 Post(s)
Liked: 1493
Not familiar with the model, but am with the concept. The VSX-42 is a 7.1 AVR which means the AVR can power a 5.1 setup in the main zone plus 2 more speakers which can be used as either "Surround Back" (ie. rear speakers), "Front Height" (ie. speakers placed in the ceiling above the FL/FR speakers", or "Front B" (more often used when a second set of FL/FR speakers is used for music listening only, although can also be used to place a set of speakers in another room to play the same source as is selected in the main zone). There is likely a setting which allows you to select one of these three options (see Owner's manual).

---------------------------------
"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 

Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page