Need help finding a receiver to fit my needs. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-04-2013, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hey everyone, I'm on a tight budget (less than $300, would like to stay closer to $200) and I'm trying to find a receiver that falls in this price range (probably in the form of a sale or clearance). It's going to be driving a set of Energy RC-Micro speakers and a 10" Dayton SUB-1000 sub. I'm looking for the following features:
  • AirPlay, and automatic switching to AirPlay output when an AirPlay device connects. Preferably even when on standby.
  • Audyssey automatic calibration and dynamic volume. If not Audyssey, similar features with equivalent quality.
  • Optional but preferred: HDMI ethernet, HDMI audio return, HDMI CEC, component video upscaling and HDMI output.

Any chance whatsoever I'll find a receiver that fits this for the price range I'm in? My problem is that most of the receiver I find that fit this bill are more expensive because they're also high-wattage with a ton of other feature sI won't need and meant for a ton of devices (at most, I'll have an Xbox, PS3, and Wii connected). I can handle waiting a month or so and seeing what deals pop up.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-09-2013, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter

Another question: do receivers n this price range have ways of disabling any video delay/processing in order to allow for 0ms of latency? I'm going to be running an Xbox and PS3 through this and I don't want input lag.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-09-2013, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
there is no input lag. But I don't think there are ANY new receivers that cheap with room correction etc. may be wrong though.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-09-2013, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs1a View Post

there is no input lag. But I don't think there are ANY new receivers that cheap with room correction etc. may be wrong though.

Damn. Looks like I'm going to have up my budget. Especially since the TV I just got only has two HDMI inputs. What the hell, Panasonic.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page