Is Audyssey setup needed for all EQ settings? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-04-2013, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have had a 4306 since new and had a question about Audyssey setup the manual doesn't mention...that's been bugging me for years.

My earlier 3805 didn't have Audyssey...and when I did the mike/test tone setup it only went around the room once. Of course on the 4306 it gives you the option (suggestion) to move the mike to 6 different locations. But I never use Audessey, only the Front/Flat/and Off settings.

Q: So...if I use ONLY those basic EQ modes do I still have to let the mike sample in 6 different spots? Does it make a difference on all of them?confused.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-04-2013, 04:43 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Liked: 1368
The distance and speaker/sub volume level settings are based on the #1 mic position, however, it's generally suggested to run the max number of mic positions offered in the particular version of Audyssey on the AVR in order to provide more data to the Audyssey filters. If you didn't use Audyssey at all then you would only need to do that #1 mic position, however, note that other than OFF, the other settings you are using are indeed Audyssey settings so the full round of 6 mic positions is recommended. Also note that the newer version of MultEQ XT (released the year after the 4306) now does 8 mic positions so that's two fewer then current XT owners. smile.gif

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page