Onkyo HT-RC460 owners chime in on what you think of the new receiver purchse you made please. - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 71 Old 03-21-2013, 06:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by tperkin View Post

i have no problem getting audio but i cannot get video to play on my projector,

Have you verified which HDMI output you are using and that it's enabled? 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 71 Old 03-22-2013, 02:08 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There is one output, main out and that is what i am using, what do you mean by enabling it? Thank you.
post #63 of 71 Old 04-01-2013, 06:12 AM
dpn

Liked: 11
Sorry about bringing back an old thread but I can't get Wii video through component. I have sound, but no video. I have assigned IN 1 to GAME, but still no dice.

You said you figured out the Wii problem in another thread...can you remember where?

Thanka a million!

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by iodeac View Post

I figured out the Wii problem on another thread, but I have a couple of questions. If I use USB for the firmware, how much space do I need. I think my biggest USB drive is only 4GB and I don't feel like buying a bigger drive just for this update, so I might have to connect my router to the receiver with an ethernet cable.

Also, I can't get the receiver to pickup the code for my Scientific Atlanta cable box so I can control it with the Onkyo remote. I was able to control it fine using my older onkyo that I bought in 2007. I wonder if there is a way to manually input a code instead of using the ones that populate once you pick the brand name?

Another thing I'm noticing is that if I'm looking at a 480p source like the Wii and change to Cable, my cable box isn't recognizing that I'm going to an HD station, so the resolution stays at 480p. I have to change to a different channel, and the cable box will then recognize that it's an HD station, and it'll look fine. Then I hit Last Channel and I can see the first channel in HD. I didn't notice it until I bought my new Vizio TV, but I'm not sure it's the cable box, receiver, or TV.
post #64 of 71 Old 04-01-2013, 07:26 AM

Liked: 11
I believe that the 460 exhibits the same behaviour as my 616, which is that it cannot handle 480p (or anything over 480i) over component.

Try switching your wii's output resolution to 480i and see if that fixes it.
post #65 of 71 Old 04-01-2013, 05:48 PM

Liked: 13
I've had this receiver since early Jan. after getting B.B to price match Amazon when it was $279 , then B.B. screwing up delivery twice after calling me and saying it was in store got them to drop the price to $199 + $60 worth of B.B. giftcards . I feel like I got a hell of a deal .
New problem though , last night I updated the firmware from 0300 to the newest 0400 , installed fine , but now I have the big problem that the update was supposed to fix . I get no signal through HDMI to my screen almost every time I power the receiver off . I have to turn everything off , unplug the HDMI cables , reinstall them , then power back on , sometimes twice before I get signal . I was not having this issue on the 0300 software . Word of warning to all , if you are on 0300 and its working , might be better to leave it alone , I'm hoping I can factory reset this thing to get it back in working order.

“Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”---Mark Twain
post #66 of 71 Old 04-02-2013, 05:35 PM

We were having the problem where we would have audio when we turned the receiver & television on, but no picture. This happened about once a week & could be fixed by unplugging the receiver. I read on another forum that it should be left unplugged for at least 5 minutes. I was skeptical but tried it, and haven't had a single problem in over a month now. smile.gif
post #67 of 71 Old 04-29-2013, 09:37 PM

Any idea why when playing a bluray 3D disc I get quick white flashes during playback. I've tried using the same HDMI cables directly into my projector and it doesn't occur. Only when I use the receiver does this happen? Do I need to update? I just bought reciever this month ( April 2013) this also occurred when playing a non- 3D PS3 game? Again does not happen when I go direct. Only when using receiver?
post #68 of 71 Old 05-05-2013, 01:53 PM
post #69 of 71 Old 05-24-2013, 06:32 AM

Hi All,
I got new RC460 and upgraded firmware to 1161-0108-0400. I read in some forum about using TP-Link 722N and got one of that too.
I connected TPL-LInk on my computer and installed software in my computer and validated. Tp-Link worked fine.
When I connect it to Onkyo, it recognized TP-link as Wifi connection device and shows me 3 Wifi network i have (i have 3 routers, basement, 1st floor and second floor).
I selected "Manual setup" and enter the WEP key.

it give me "connection failed" error. I tried all the 3 network, each time same result.

I have Verizon FiOs Wifi router.

Wired connection worked. Please help
post #70 of 71 Old 05-24-2013, 12:04 PM

Don't do manual. Choose automatic then enter the password.
post #71 of 71 Old 10-12-2013, 06:44 AM

Does anyone know if the Onkyo Application for Android can be used to change the channels? I have a cable box that controls the guide and channel changing, and I can't figure out if the app can change channels, everything else (volume, streaming, etc) works perfect.

Thanks!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Ht Rc460 7 2 Channel Network A V Receiver Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page