Disable Video Processing on Yamaha RXV-473 AV Receiver - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-05-2013, 04:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
I have been searching for the option on my Yamaha RXV-473 AV Receiver to disable the Video Processing, as my TV does the Video Processing and I have set the necessary calibrations for video on my TV, so I want only audio processing done on my AVR.

I went through the setup menu, where I found only these options:

- Speaker
- HDMI
- Sound
- Eco
- Function
- Network
- Language

So in case if any one knows how I can disable the Video Processing on my AVR, would be appreciated for sharing the information.

P.S I went through their manual as well, but with no success

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-05-2013, 09:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 413
The RX-V473 doesn't have any video processing. No analog to HDMI conversion, no 1080p scaler, nothing.

It has 4K and 3D passthrough but it is exactly that. Pass through, no processing.

Afro GT
post #3 of 4 Old 01-09-2013, 03:12 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info
post #4 of 4 Old 01-16-2013, 01:27 AM

For some reason the image of my laptop (DVI to HDMI) sent through the receiver comes out differently than when it 's connected straight to my tv. I too thought the RX-V473 had some kind of video processing but cannot find any options or documentation for it in the manual. The image is much darker and lacks contrast, it also seems to have small stutter every x seconds when watching videos through XBMC.

How is this possible if the receiver has no video processing and only passes the image through?

I have tried 3 different laptops (2 Dell 's connected using a DVI to HDMI converter and 1 HP connected using a displayport to HDMI converter) and they all have the same issue, already tried a different HDMI input on the receiver but it didn't change a thing.

The image of my cable box has no issues and looks exactly the same when connected straight to my tv.

Edit: Ignore the above, I found out that it was due to different tv settings. Apparently every HDMI input on my tv can be calibrated seperately and by connecting all my devices to my receiver, I only use HDMI1. My laptop used to be connected to HDMI2 which was calibrated differently. Messing around with my tv settings now to get the best image for all sources.

Still have issues with stuttering movies when using XBMC, but probably isn't receiver related ... hope to test tonight.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V473 Receiver
Gear in this thread - V473 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page