Question on my new yamaha rx-v573 bad picture qualilty on anything connected to it? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 22 Old 01-06-2013, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First post but like most other first posters I am a total newbie at home theater been using bad tv speakers whole life I tried reading these forums for months before I finally bought one but I think I messed up by going for a sale price frown.gif.

I got the rx-v573 for 369$(was on sale even the v473 was 399)

I am having so many problems with this receiver maybe I am dumb and it's not the receiver but here is my main question(I have 2)

1. My pvr and media box are extremely grainy when connected to the receiver it is for sure not even close to the quality I had when I had my pvr and media box connected to the TV alone. Any idea's to why? I use hdmi for all my connections.

2. When I did my setup with the mic to tune/setup the sound it was great for my pvr but when I switch to my media box or xbox the sound is low etc do I need to do this "mic tuning test" for everything on its own and save? Maybe this test only saves for hdmi 1 and not the rest?

Thank you so much for anyone who helps me I will be so thankful as I just want to get this up and going with nice picture and sound. I have a feeling it may have been a horrible choice receiver wise and I should just return and go with pioneer vsx-1022 or something but I am going to cont to search forums and google for info on my problems and maybe with some luck someone can help me here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 01-06-2013, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

No one can help me with any of this or heard anything similar? I spent all day searching forum hardly anyone owns the rx-v573 frown.gif
post #3 of 22 Old 01-06-2013, 09:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Check to see if the video resolution on your TV changes when you have your PVR or media box connected directly to your TV to when you have them connected through the receiver.

Your second problem sounds like normal volume variation between inputs or programmes. All you need to do adjust the volume. You can use the volume trim setting to set a permanent adjustment for each input. The YPAO settings are global are applied the same to every input.
post #4 of 22 Old 01-06-2013, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Ridge View Post

Check to see if the video resolution on your TV changes when you have your PVR or media box connected directly to your TV to when you have them connected through the receiver.
Your second problem sounds like normal volume variation between inputs or programmes. All you need to do adjust the volume. You can use the volume trim setting to set a permanent adjustment for each input. The YPAO settings are global are applied the same to every input.

I tried checking my pvr settings always says 720p but I never thought to check my tv settings il try that thanks. It just sucks that I have mostly everything figured out and I am really happy with everything including the receiver except it sucks that my computer/media player/pvr all look way worse(still hd but really faded colors and seem's like kind of grainy all over to) compared to when each one is hdmi right into my tv rather then my receiver.
post #5 of 22 Old 01-06-2013, 11:34 PM
AVS Special Member

If things look faded and you've hooked the receiver to a different input on your TV it could be because there are different picture settings applied to that input.
post #6 of 22 Old 01-07-2013, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

The picture still is not perfect but I think it may be fine have not had much time to test it all but I think maybe I was looking at it to close rather then where I sit as when I sit it looks pretty clear.

I have another question though. When I hook my computer up to the receiver via hdmi from video card part of the screen is cut off like the windows icon button on the bottom right or the back button on a broswer. When I connect it to the tv's hdmi it fits perfect yet not on the receiver any idea how to fix this?
post #7 of 22 Old 01-07-2013, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Check the settings on your PC and the TV. On the PC use your video card's configuration utility to make sure that there's no overscan/underscan set. On the TV look for a picture setting that gives you a 1:1 pixel mapping.
post #8 of 22 Old 01-07-2013, 09:08 PM

Liked: 11
cause its the Video Processor in that Recv, IMO Yamaha's are Junk and have Poor Pic Quality. My Old RXV 765 was like that.. Total Junk!! Very Poor video Conversion and Pass through! I dont think much has Changed in the Last 2 years for there RXV series! Take it back and get a Dennon
post #9 of 22 Old 01-07-2013, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Ive never heard of Dennon.

HT~
PANASONIC TC-P50ST60, OPPO BDP-103D, ONKYO TX-NR818, PANAMAX MR4000, KLIPSCH RF-62's, RC-62, RS-52's, PSA TRIAX
2.1CH~
ADAM AUDIO F5's, EMOTIVA STEALTH DC-1, SVS SB-2000
post #10 of 22 Old 01-07-2013, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingvfreak View Post

cause its the Video Processor in that Recv, IMO Yamaha's are Junk and have Poor Pic Quality. My Old RXV 765 was like that.. Total Junk!! Very Poor video Conversion and Pass through! I dont think much has Changed in the Last 2 years for there RXV series! Take it back and get a Dennon

so yamaha is known for this issue? I am starting to get a hang of this thing but still to me the picture on everything I have connected was better connected to the tv rather then through this receiver. This is not common on all receivers? When I called the place I bought it from they said "Well yea you will get a lower picture quality running it through the receiver then directly to the tv" That is honestly true? I care more about picture then sound like I would rather have great picture and tv speakers then downgraded picture for great sound.

So I got 30 days to return it...Will Denon give me the same quality of picture running it through the receiver as to the tv? I would think all brands would be able to easily do this but I guess not :/. My whole problem is my original budget was 250$(was going to go with rx-v373) but then I seen the rx-373 on sale for 369.99(the pioneer 1022 was same price) so I figured with 7.1 and zone b the rx-v573 was the best value for me.

I am canadian to so all prices are canadian dollars.

Here is the link to the denons at futureshop and my MAX budget is 399$ for the receiver. http://www.futureshop.ca/Search/SearchResults.aspx?path=ca77b9b4beca91fe414314b86bb581f8en20&q=%252a&sp=FS_en-CA_Product_Collection_Site-WideSP&Facet=cFSMCCPCatalogenCAPresentationHierarchy1%2523%2523-1%2523%2523-1%257e%257eq2a%257e%257ecFSMCCPCatalogenCA1043%2523%25232%2523%2523y%257e%257enf29%257c%257c44454e4f4e&viewall=true&targetCategory=1043

That would leave me with the opions of
(AVR-1713) for 399$
(AVR-1613) for 329$

I would really want this one (AVR-1913) but its 549.99 way out of my budget frown.gif.
post #11 of 22 Old 01-07-2013, 09:58 PM
AVS Special Member

By default your receiver shouldn't be performing any video processing and should be passing HDMI video straight through unmodified. If you've enabled video processing on your receiver I would recommend turning it off. [On Screen] -> Setup -> Video -> Video Mode -> Direct.
post #12 of 22 Old 01-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Where in Canada are you located. Visions has a really good price on a vsx 1022K. Great place to deal with.
post #13 of 22 Old 01-07-2013, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socketman View Post

Where in Canada are you located. Visions has a really good price on a vsx 1022K. Great place to deal with.

Stoney creek(just beside hamilton)
post #14 of 22 Old 01-07-2013, 10:28 PM
Advanced Member

I see FS has the same price , give the PIO a go I think you will like it. Also as far as I can tell the 573 has no video processing, I downloaded the manual and read through. Just 4k pass through. The 673 has scaling.You really should not be experiencing any degradation in video quality. I have a rx-a1000 and it passes through perfectly, also have a denon 3311 and it great as well. Maybe just a faulty unit.?
post #15 of 22 Old 01-07-2013, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I see FS has the same price , give the PIO a go I think you will like it. Also as far as I can tell the 573 has no video processing, I downloaded the manual and read through. Just 4k pass through. The 673 has scaling.You really should not be experiencing any degradation in video quality. I have a rx-a1000 and it passes through perfectly, also have a denon 3311 and it great as well. Maybe just a faulty unit.?

Is that what you have right now?
post #16 of 22 Old 01-07-2013, 10:43 PM
Advanced Member

I have the Yamaha in my bedroom , and the denon in my living room. I have a pioneer receiver that is 30yrs old and still goin strong. I bought the denon based on the room correction for the most part. Bought the Yamaha as a last yr model , the room correction stuff is overhyped imho. If I were to buy another receiver it would be a Pioneer SC 67 or 68 and since I am such a electronic junky it has crossed my mind more than once lol.
post #17 of 22 Old 01-07-2013, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

hmmm I don't know if I should send it back for the pioneer 1022. I havn't even tried to hook my 360 to this one yet as I got it the day it came out and it has no hdmi connection and I hard tons of ppl having trouble with it on the rx v573
post #18 of 22 Old 01-09-2013, 12:15 AM

try the Pioneer! from the Pioneer Website VSX-1022
Spectacular 1080p High-definition Video

With Anchor Bay® video processing, the VSX-1022-K converts analog video sources to HDMI for one-wire high definition convenience. For lower resolution video, advanced video processing lets you upscale your picture to digital 1080p to best match the native resolution of your HDTV. With the VSX-1022-K's superior video processing, you know the picture will be stunning, regardless of the source.
post #19 of 22 Old 01-09-2013, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

try the Pioneer! from the Pioneer Website VSX-1022
Spectacular 1080p High-definition Video
With Anchor Bay® video processing, the VSX-1022-K converts analog video sources to HDMI for one-wire high definition convenience. For lower resolution video, advanced video processing lets you upscale your picture to digital 1080p to best match the native resolution of your HDTV. With the VSX-1022-K's superior video processing, you know the picture will be stunning, regardless of the source.

Yea I am thinking about doing this for sure. I have been trying to hook up my xbox 360 for 3 days now and I can't get video or audio. My xbox is first generation so no hdmi hookup on it. I googled around and people said to hook up the red green blue from xbox to receiver then red green blue from receiver to tv but still nothing :/
post #20 of 22 Old 01-09-2013, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

I think I might go with the denon 1913
post #21 of 22 Old 01-09-2013, 10:27 PM

the 1913 has only one component Input, however it should convert that signal to out put HDMI ! Have you Tried another option is hook up Xbox direct to tv and send audio to the Yami Via Optical or Rca red/white ?? try that..But it is nice havin 1 cable goin to the TV though cool.gif
post #22 of 22 Old 01-10-2013, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

the 1913 has only one component Input, however it should convert that signal to out put HDMI ! Have you Tried another option is hook up Xbox direct to tv and send audio to the Yami Via Optical or Rca red/white ?? try that..But it is nice havin 1 cable goin to the TV though cool.gif

Yea only thing I have that is not hdmi is my xbox 360 so 1 is more then enough for me and if by chance I need a 2nd il just unplug/plug in. I just tested out listening to the radio and there is quite the static noise coming from my left and right speakers(Only when I listen to am or fm radio). Not sure if this is receiver speakers or radio but it doesn't do it on anything but radio. I got my xbox 360 to work like you said connect it to tv and I used the red/white into receiver sounded great but only my front left and right towers worked(I assume because red and white only = Left and right front speakers obviously)

I think I am just going to return this to future shop on sunday and buy the denon 1913. If I am going to spend 369$ and not be happy with what I got I may as well spend the extra 200$ for something I will be happy with.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V573 Receiver
Gear in this thread - V573 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page