2013 4K Harman Kardon AVR 2700 & 3700 receivers - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #451 of 780 Old 01-27-2014, 05:22 PM
Member
 
atlavfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
everyone.
this is ironic. i became the owner of my 3700 reluctantly, trying to make the best of a bad situation of losing my 7550. i've only had it a few days and am liking it more and more. i understand the eq now and like the 3700's better than the 7550. so far i've had no operation bugs. the sound is very good and clear although not as powerful as i was used to. i believe the dolby volume may be better as well. the hdmi bugs of prior models seem to have been worked out. i do hope the reliabilty issues have been worked out also. at least i have 2 more years of warranty...
atlavfan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #452 of 780 Old 01-27-2014, 05:55 PM
Member
 
Harmon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlavfan View Post

everyone.
this is ironic. i became the owner of my 3700 reluctantly, trying to make the best of a bad situation of losing my 7550. i've only had it a few days and am liking it more and more. i understand the eq now and like the 3700's better than the 7550. so far i've had no operation bugs. the sound is very good and clear although not as powerful as i was used to. i believe the dolby volume may be better as well. the hdmi bugs of prior models seem to have been worked out. i do hope the reliabilty issues have been worked out also. at least i have 2 more years of warranty...

This is great encouragement. I still have a few more days to try out the Marantz and now i am thinking about the 3700 again. I am a long-time HK diehard and am trying to justify getting this avr.
Harmon Fan is offline  
post #453 of 780 Old 01-28-2014, 04:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Paulo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 22
My 2700 works flawless, never a glitch when operating. I've owned my 2700 since Apri 2014. The TV input / optical cable problem appears to be a design flaw. If I run everything through the receiver I have no problems. The sound alone is worth keeping it. I will just always have to have the HK on always when watching TV. With the Dolby volume the dialogue is very clear even with the volume at -40. I don't live in the US but I did get my 2700 through an autorized dealer. I am really confused on whether I keep my HK or get a pioneer SC-71 / 1223.
Paulo72 is offline  
post #454 of 780 Old 01-28-2014, 04:33 AM
Member
 
Harmon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
We have decided, at my home, to ditch cable TV. All of the channels that we watch are available with an antenna. With that, I no longer have a need for Standby Passthru, at least for now. HK is back on the list. I am tempted to wait and see if anything new will be out in March. The Marantz is being returned this weekend, and I will keep my AVR2600 until I get ready to purchase another HK.
Harmon Fan is offline  
post #455 of 780 Old 01-28-2014, 04:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Paulo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon Fan View Post

We have decided, at my home, to ditch cable TV. All of the channels that we watch are available with an antenna. With that, I no longer have a need for Standby Passthru, at least for now. HK is back on the list. I am tempted to wait and see if anything new will be out in March. The Marantz is being returned this weekend, and I will keep my AVR2600 until I get ready to purchase another HK.

I still have cable (for wife and son) but mainly watch TV on an XBMC media player. I ordered mine from http://www.boxtoptheater.com/
I get all the latest movies, music, TV, sporting events. I love my Little Black Box.
Paulo72 is offline  
post #456 of 780 Old 01-28-2014, 04:48 AM
Member
 
Harmon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo72 View Post

I still have cable (for wife and son) but mainly watch TV on an XBMC media player. I ordered mine from http://www.boxtoptheater.com/
I get all the latest movies, music, TV, sporting events. I love my Little Black Box.

I have Apple TV. This looks like about the same thing. Thanks for the website..
Harmon Fan is offline  
post #457 of 780 Old 01-28-2014, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ljmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: TN / Clwtr FL
Posts: 1,071
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo72 View Post

My 2700 works flawless, never a glitch when operating. I've owned my 2700 since Apri 2014. The TV input / optical cable problem appears to be a design flaw. If I run everything through the receiver I have no problems. The sound alone is worth keeping it. I will just always have to have the HK on always when watching TV. With the Dolby volume the dialogue is very clear even with the volume at -40. I don't live in the US but I did get my 2700 through an autorized dealer. I am really confused on whether I keep my HK or get a pioneer SC-71 / 1223.

minimal issue....no question... KEEP IT!!

Samsung PN51F8500. Marantz SR5008. Oppo BDP 103D. Sony BDP S5100. Emp Tek E55TIB LR, E5CIB, E55WIB. Sennheiser Momentum. Sennheiser 598.
ljmart is offline  
post #458 of 780 Old 01-28-2014, 09:39 PM
Member
 
vatore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Because the material the box is made of makes such a huge difference in the sound....

Over priced? It's the only product under $1000 with Airplay, Wifi, and multizone play? Seems Sony STR-DN 1030 is only one with WiFi and Airplay but it does not have multizone play. Denon AVR 1919 has multizone and Airplay but not Wifi (Ethernet only). And the street price should be even less.

Go talk out your ass somewhere else.

55" Panasonic VT50 (hopefully snag a 65" VT60 before they are history)
Denon 5308ci (want to upgrade to a model with 3d HDMI pass-through)
Oppo Blu-Ray Player
2 KEF iQ90 Floorstanding Speakers for L&R Channels
KEF iQ60c Center Channel
4 KEF iQ8ds Di-Pole Surrounds
KEF PSW2500 Sub
Xbox 360
Xbox One
vatore is offline  
post #459 of 780 Old 01-28-2014, 09:57 PM
Member
 
vatore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post

My top gripe - these are plastic boxes which is a bit disturbing when compared to the competition's quality metal chassis offerings. The class D amps are almost certainly borrowed from Crown and sound good, stay cool as they should. I picked up the lower-end AVR-1700 and played with it for a couple of weeks. Best Buy had it on sale for $199.95 (normally $499) - Imagine what the markup is on these suckers if they could afford to do that. I ended up returning it despite the fact it was such an amazing deal, I could have sold it on eBay for a profit. The 3700 has the features to be a decent player in the 7.2 market but housed in the same chassis - I could not stomach a grand for a plastic box. Besides, watch out because next thing you know Best Buy could be selling the 370 for $399 when you're not looking - of course at that price it would be a steal.

Yeah, that plastic kills the whole thing because it makes such a HUGE difference in sound....

I went from a plastic harman kardon AVR 365 to a $5000 metal Denon 5308ci and you know what I found out? I wasted 5K because the plastic HK receiver sounded just as good as Denon's flagship receiver.

Over priced? The 3700 is the only product under $1000 with Airplay, Wifi, and multizone play? Seems Sony STR-DN 1030 is only one with WiFi and Airplay but it does not have multizone play. Denon AVR 1919 has multizone and Airplay but not Wifi (Ethernet only). And the street price should be even less.

Go talk out your ass somewhere else, your stupid opinion is not welcome here.

55" Panasonic VT50 (hopefully snag a 65" VT60 before they are history)
Denon 5308ci (want to upgrade to a model with 3d HDMI pass-through)
Oppo Blu-Ray Player
2 KEF iQ90 Floorstanding Speakers for L&R Channels
KEF iQ60c Center Channel
4 KEF iQ8ds Di-Pole Surrounds
KEF PSW2500 Sub
Xbox 360
Xbox One
vatore is offline  
post #460 of 780 Old 01-28-2014, 10:11 PM
Member
 
vatore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post

My top gripe - these are plastic boxes which is a bit disturbing when compared to the competition's quality metal chassis offerings. The class D amps are almost certainly borrowed from Crown and sound good, stay cool as they should. I picked up the lower-end AVR-1700 and played with it for a couple of weeks. Best Buy had it on sale for $199.95 (normally $499) - Imagine what the markup is on these suckers if they could afford to do that. I ended up returning it despite the fact it was such an amazing deal, I could have sold it on eBay for a profit. The 3700 has the features to be a decent player in the 7.2 market but housed in the same chassis - I could not stomach a grand for a plastic box. Besides, watch out because next thing you know Best Buy could be selling the 370 for $399 when you're not looking - of course at that price it would be a steal.

And look at what Sound & Vision has to say about the plastic box:

Sound & Vision magazine just did a review on the HK 3700. Received 5 out of 5 for audio performance and 5 out of 5 for video performance.
The exact words are: 'Harman Kardon's $1000 AVR 3700 Receiver is pure Audiophile gold'

But who cares about the performance, it's what the box is made of that really matters. I would love to pay more for a feature that has no effect on performance. Do you feel stupid? You should....you should feel ****in dumb....

Please don't post anything ever again. We come to forums for information, accurate information, not biased, baseless ********. If someone were to listen to your opinion, they would pass up on "Audiophile gold" because you don't like plastic. I am sure you are completely ignorant of polymers, plastics that are stronger than steel. http://phys.org/news110727530.html

But you're right, it's better to use a more expensive, inferior material like old-fashioned metal. Don't use new materials and ignore the fruits of technology.
apropo73 likes this.

55" Panasonic VT50 (hopefully snag a 65" VT60 before they are history)
Denon 5308ci (want to upgrade to a model with 3d HDMI pass-through)
Oppo Blu-Ray Player
2 KEF iQ90 Floorstanding Speakers for L&R Channels
KEF iQ60c Center Channel
4 KEF iQ8ds Di-Pole Surrounds
KEF PSW2500 Sub
Xbox 360
Xbox One
vatore is offline  
post #461 of 780 Old 01-29-2014, 12:54 AM
Member
 
vatore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 11
The receiver has discrete amplification channels, correct?

55" Panasonic VT50 (hopefully snag a 65" VT60 before they are history)
Denon 5308ci (want to upgrade to a model with 3d HDMI pass-through)
Oppo Blu-Ray Player
2 KEF iQ90 Floorstanding Speakers for L&R Channels
KEF iQ60c Center Channel
4 KEF iQ8ds Di-Pole Surrounds
KEF PSW2500 Sub
Xbox 360
Xbox One
vatore is offline  
post #462 of 780 Old 01-29-2014, 04:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Paulo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 22
So it has a plastic front, who cares. The chassis is metal, that is what matters. Also I believe the amp is class A/B. The switch mode power supply (SMPS) is what makes them light weight. no need for a heavy transformer. Of course the HK has discrete amplification channels.
Paulo72 is offline  
post #463 of 780 Old 01-29-2014, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
M Code's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Joshua Tree, CA
Posts: 9,851
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by vatore View Post

The receiver has discrete amplification channels, correct?

Correcto..
Many people think that since the power supply is an SMPS, the output stages are Class D....confused.gif
Ironic...
We were deeply involved in the design/development of the SMPS back in 2007, took HK 5 years to bring it to market.
The output stages are the same full complimentary Class A-B design, as implemented for the last 10 years in HK AVRs when the SRP is <$999...

Just my $0.05.... 👍😉
M Code is offline  
post #464 of 780 Old 02-01-2014, 04:41 PM
Member
 
brian4274's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12

Well for some reason I decide to play with my receiver today while listening to some music.  And let me tell you If you turn off Dolby Digital on  2 Channel mode.  Holy @#$% I could not believe how much louder the dang thing got!  I was on -20DB when I turned DD off and I dang near shat myself!  My new listing level is -32.  And to be honest it sounds better!!!!!!!!!!  For those curious I have a the 3700 and 590's for my fronts 520c for my center and the 530's for the rear and a velodyne Eq max 12.  But this was just with the 590's.   

brian4274 is offline  
post #465 of 780 Old 02-02-2014, 07:25 AM
Member
 
atlavfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
do you mean "dolby volume" or did you switch from dolby digital to 2 speaker stereo? for music i leave dolby volume off but have not noticed a volume change. i also use 2 speaker stereo instead of one of the other modes. i also leave eq on now, but when i turn it off the volume increases substantially like you describe.
atlavfan is offline  
post #466 of 780 Old 02-02-2014, 08:09 AM
Member
 
brian4274's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12

Sorry, yes I meant Dolby volume.  My EZSET/EQ:  is off but I'm pretty sure it was when I turned off Dolby volume.  Like I said I was playing around alot with it which I usually don't do and it could have happened when I turned EZSET off.   Its crazy how much power this thing has with it off.  With the 590's I cant go past -2db cause its painful to my ears.  The best part is there isn't a drop of distortion like you hear in your car when you turn the volume up. 

brian4274 is offline  
post #467 of 780 Old 02-02-2014, 12:14 PM
Newbie
 
mcrawly99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

My dad's old AVR 347 recently lost video output and looking now to replace this receiver. Does anyone know if the new AVR 2700 has the A-Bus multi-room function to operate the AB-1 module? If not what models still have this feature? Does the 2700 have an internal fan for cooling??

 

tks

mcrawly99 is offline  
post #468 of 780 Old 02-03-2014, 04:50 AM
Member
 
atlavfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
i have the 3700 but the 2700 has the same manual. neither has an a-bus connector. they both have internal cooling fans.
atlavfan is offline  
post #469 of 780 Old 02-03-2014, 07:41 PM
Newbie
 
mcrawly99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Spoke with Harmon kardon today about the a-bus function and they said it will work on both the 2700 and 3700 amps. Along with the hard wired multi function zone
mcrawly99 is offline  
post #470 of 780 Old 02-04-2014, 04:39 AM
Member
 
atlavfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
make sure you understand what they are saying. hk customer service cannot be relied upon. my avr 7550 had an a-bus jack in the back for multi-room. my 3700 does not. the a-bus connector carried sound and remote direct from the receiver via cat-5 data cable. any receiver with multi-room and ir input/output can cannect to an a-bus using its rca line out and ir jacks. the 2700/3700 can use an a-bus module but it will be the a-bus module that converts to cat5 cable not the receiver. hope this makes sense.
atlavfan is offline  
post #471 of 780 Old 02-04-2014, 03:11 PM
Newbie
 
mcrawly99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Altavfan, you are 100% correct about the A-bus module required to operate the AB-1 module with cat 5. I called HK support again and spoke with someone higher up in customer service. So I tried the reset method on the AVR receiver and now have the video output functions working. No need to purchase another receiver for now.

mcrawly99 is offline  
post #472 of 780 Old 02-04-2014, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
M Code's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Joshua Tree, CA
Posts: 9,851
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 117
The A-Bus system was developed in Australia, both HK and Onkyo had this capability in certain receivers. Basically the A-Bus jack has supply voltages, line level and control lines to a small stereo power amp module, all driven through a CAT 5 cable conection. Additionally, HK & Russound carried a hub that could power up to 4 zones. A clever idea but the latest HK AVRs dropped this a couple of years back as many consumers were using the back L/R surround amplifiers within their 7.1 AVR for Zone II...


Just my $0.05... 👍😉
M Code is offline  
post #473 of 780 Old 02-04-2014, 04:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Paulo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Is it just me? I think the sound of the Harmon 2700 sounds so much better, sound is more open (better detail) with improved dynamics with the ez set/eq switched off.

UPDATE 8.February
I find that the eq set/eq improves the surround, tames the bass and frequency peaks. For music it is better to leave it off. For TV sometimes I have it on, sometimes off. For DVD / BluRay I leave it on. Also it's better to leave on when listening at lower volumes.
Paulo72 is offline  
post #474 of 780 Old 02-06-2014, 04:52 AM
Member
 
atlavfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
no its not just you. i sometimes turn off the eq when playing music in stereo. it is louder and different sounding. not sure if better though. my room's accoustics are terrible and i think the eq tames it. i leave eq on for tv and movies though.
atlavfan is offline  
post #475 of 780 Old 02-07-2014, 08:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Paulo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 22
It would be nice if HK would replace my 2700 with a 2014 model. Am sure I wouldn't have the optical cable issue. Plus I've heard that the 2014 models are supposed to have the latest video and audio processors. I love the sound of my HK, just feel like the optical cable issue is a defect.
Does anyone know when they will release the 2014 av receivers?
Paulo72 is offline  
post #476 of 780 Old 02-09-2014, 09:15 AM
Member
 
ryewhiskey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just wondering if anyone can comment about the AVR 2700/3700 vs. the AVR 635.

My beloved eight-year-old 635 is losing its setting again and rather than fix it, I was considering "upgrading" to HK's current top-of-the-line AVR. Would that really be an upgrade in terms of sound? Just for the record, I'm more interested in music (both stereo and multichannel) than I am movies. The AVR 635 sounded really great, but I guess I'm afraid I wouldn't get the same sound and power with HK's latest batch of receivers.

Is that a valid fear or am I worried about nothing?
ryewhiskey is offline  
post #477 of 780 Old 02-09-2014, 10:44 AM
Member
 
Harmon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryewhiskey View Post

Just wondering if anyone can comment about the AVR 2700/3700 vs. the AVR 635.

My beloved eight-year-old 635 is losing its setting again and rather than fix it, I was considering "upgrading" to HK's current top-of-the-line AVR. Would that really be an upgrade in terms of sound? Just for the record, I'm more interested in music (both stereo and multichannel) than I am movies. The AVR 635 sounded really great, but I guess I'm afraid I wouldn't get the same sound and power with HK's latest batch of receivers.

Is that a valid fear or am I worried about nothing?

I began the task of replacing my AVR635 last year. In my opinion, none of the current HK AVRs sound nearly as robust. All of them have the great HK sound but none are nearly as powerful. I purchased a refurb AVR 2600 from HK this year just to hold me over, but this receiver does not have that quality of sound. I think the AVR 2700 and the 3700 are great receivers with lots of updates and you will be happy. Just do not expect the powerful sound of the 635. I broke from HK and tried the higher quality receivers of the other major manufacturers, and settled on a Marantz SR5008, but I still love HK and I am considering going back to the AVR 2700 or the 3700. I am electronics savy and wanted to replace the capacitor in the 635. I called HK and they sent me the entire board at no charge. The 635 works fine now, and my wife now has it in a kitchen system. I cannot get it back.
Harmon Fan is offline  
post #478 of 780 Old 02-09-2014, 01:20 PM
Member
 
atlavfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
ryewhiskey
i suggest you read my comparison of the avr3700 to the avr7500hd. it may be helpful. i believe the 7550 has more amp power than the 635, so i can't judge how it would compare to the 3700. i've been enjoying my 3700 and think it sounds good. it just doesn't have the unlimited clear power of the 7550. on the other hand i don't think you will find another consumer avr in the $1000 or less range that sounds any better than the 3700. i think to get more power and similar features will cost $1500-$2000 from my research.
atlavfan is offline  
post #479 of 780 Old 02-09-2014, 03:29 PM
Member
 
Harmon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon Fan View Post

I began the task of replacing my AVR635 last year. In my opinion, none of the current HK AVRs sound nearly as robust. All of them have the great HK sound but none are nearly as powerful. I purchased a refurb AVR 2600 from HK this year just to hold me over, but this receiver does not have that quality of sound. I think the AVR 2700 and the 3700 are great receivers with lots of updates and you will be happy. Just do not expect the powerful sound of the 635. I broke from HK and tried the higher quality receivers of the other major manufacturers, and settled on a Marantz SR6005, but I still love HK and I am considering going back to the AVR 2700 or the 3700. I am electronics savy and wanted to replace the capacitor in the 635. I called HK and they sent me the entire board at no charge. The 635 works fine now, and my wife now has it in a kitchen system. I cannot get it back.


UPDATE.......I returned the Marantz today and plan to purchase a new HK. I have heard that there may be new ones coming out, so I will wait (if I can), to see if they are introduced in the next month or so. I do not plan to stray again , at least for now.
Harmon Fan is offline  
post #480 of 780 Old 02-09-2014, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
M Code's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Joshua Tree, CA
Posts: 9,851
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon Fan View Post

UPDATE.......I returned the Marantz today and plan to purchase a new HK. I have heard that there may be new ones coming out, so I will wait (if I can), to see if they are introduced in the next month or so. I do not plan to stray again , at least for now.

NEW stereo receivers in March, not AVRs...


Just my $0.05.... 👍😉
M Code is offline  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Harman Kardon Avr 2700 7 1 Channel Av Receiver , Harman Kardon Avr 3700 7 2 Channel Av Receiver

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off