2013 4K Harman Kardon AVR 2700 & 3700 receivers - Page 28 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #811 of 811 Old Today, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought a 3700 six months ago as my Onkyo 876 had the hdmi switch fail. I knew it would not have enough power to push my Polk RTI 10's the way my onkyo did and was pretty nervous when I unboxed it and it weighed next to nothing. I bought it more as a future processor and finally bought an Emotiva XPA-5 to perform the heavy lifting. Now that I have 200W of real power per channel I bought a pair of Rti A9's as fronts and use the Rti 10's as surrounds and moved my Rti 4's as the 6th and 7th channel fed by the 3700. The Onkyo now drives 4 bass transducers bolted to the couches fed from the 3700's sub 2 output into an auxiliary input on the Onkyo. This works great because I can adjust the bass transducers output with the Onkyo volume. The Polk speaker setup gives me a total of 10 7" woofers and I have a 15" Premier Acoustic sub digging down low. Needless to say this setup is great for home theater and Godzilla took advantage of all the power feeding my system. At full volume there is zero distortion with the fronts and surrounds set to large. My theater is in a 900 square foot SPACE and I can use all of my volume if I want to. I do wish there was a bit more eq choices in the 3700 but overall am floored by the set up. Any other upgrades will just be out of boredom. I would like an SVS PB 13 eventually but really don't need it.

Last edited by Chudly; Today at 02:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Harman Kardon Avr 2700 7 1 Channel Av Receiver , Harman Kardon Avr 3700 7 2 Channel Av Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page