Audyssey Pro upgrade includes SubEQ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-08-2013, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello I have a 3313CI Denon. It has Audyssey XT. Which from my understanding does not include the SubEQ which would allow me to EQ 2 seperate brands of subwoofers. Having one sub on SUB out 1 and the other on Sub out 2.

My question is if I upgrade to the Pro Kit which is like $550? Would this allow me to use 2 seperate subwoofers and EQ them both seperately? I never really saw any seperation of the sub out in the receivers menu. (Example: Sub 1, Sub2) I am thinking they are just split inside the reciever and it says "sub out1 and sub out 2".

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-08-2013, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 111
I'd be willing to bet money that the dual sub outlet on your Denon is nothing more than an internal version of a 'Y' cable. If so it would be impossible to EQ two different subs. You might look at an external sub equalizer like the one Elemental Designs sold. I had one for a while - worked pretty good. There are other external equalizers that will do the same thing. Most will only alter one sub. IIRC the Behringer 2496 has two channels.

When all else fails - RTFM!

♫♫♫ Two Channel Rules! ♫♫♫

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
post #3 of 3 Old 01-08-2013, 06:37 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1787 Post(s)
Liked: 1702
The Pro kit ($550/kit + $150/license=$700) uses whatever version of Audyssey is on the AVR. Dual sub calibration is only featured on XT32 models which also have Sub EQ HT (ie. 4311CI, 4520CI, 8801). As correctly noted above, the sub outs on the 3313CI are nothing more than an internal "Y" splitter passing the same signal to each sub.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page