Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-08-2013, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hi.
I've gotten bored with my Integra DTR 40.3 so I'm wanting to upgrade. I don't think much of the sound really. It's just ok. I tried the Marantz SR7005 a long time ago and I was very impressed with the sound. It was very unique. Different then any other receiver I've heard. I liked it much. I liked the UI for the most part. It had features I like.

I did not keep this because it would not remember what sound to output based on input. Integra does the best at this. You tell it to output x based on x input in the UI. That's awesome. With the SR7005 I would have to manually change the output a lot. I watch directv, play video games and listen to music. So something would be on TV that is not dolby digital. I'd manually set the SR7005 for pro logic 2 movie. For dolby digital I'd set it for straight, or whatever it is in the receiver so it would output DD 5.1 sound. Then other times on directv the SR7005 went back to the default setting like when you open it for the first time. Some shows I would have to manually change it back to pro logic 2 movie and dolby digital 5.1. The receiver was set for last used. Yet I had to manually change the sound a lot. This is why I didn't keep the receiver.

Someone at the place I bought it from said that you have to manually change the sound to what you want for each audio source there is. Every single one of them. So if a tv show is PCM 2.0 then I have to change the receiver to pro logic 2 movie. If the tv show is digital 2.0 i have to again change the receiver to pro logic 2 movie. If the tv show is mono again I have to change the receiver. He said the receiver works and does work when set for last used. But I have to manually change it for every single format there is when they come. I call this bull crud. If the receiver works this way it's a crummy design flaw.

Anyhow now to today. I can buy an amp, it would be the Emotiva XPA-5. I can look at getting the newer Marantz models such as the SR7007 or 6 model or something. I can save for a McIntosh system. I'm serious here. Yes it'll take years but oh well. Those things are incredible the XR100 system with 7 channel mac amp for less then the older 7 channel and the 121 controller. So anything I buy now is a tide me over till I got the Mac. At that time I'd move my stuff to another room in the house and use the Mac in my own room.

One thing that bothers me is how Mac is supposed to be such a high end company yet they use the same remote on the 121 as the 7005 Marantz. They use the same UI too. So then I wonder if the MX121 is going to have the same soiund remembering issue as the SR7005 Marantz. And with the new Marantz receivers I'm wondering if they use the same UI as the 7005 thus having the same issues.

Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-09-2013, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Anyone?????
post #3 of 5 Old 01-10-2013, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Just got done. I just ordered the Emotiva XPA-5 with 5 of their 2 meter RCA cables.
post #4 of 5 Old 04-02-2013, 03:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Wow. No one cared. Sheese. What a great forum we have here. Not!
post #5 of 5 Old 04-03-2013, 07:17 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs1a View Post

Hi.
I've gotten bored with my Integra DTR 40.3 so I'm wanting to upgrade. I don't think much of the sound really. It's just ok. I tried the Marantz SR7005 a long time ago and I was very impressed with the sound. It was very unique. Different then any other receiver I've heard. I liked it much. I liked the UI for the most part. It had features I like.

I did not keep this because it would not remember what sound to output based on input. Integra does the best at this. You tell it to output x based on x input in the UI. That's awesome. With the SR7005 I would have to manually change the output a lot. I watch directv, play video games and listen to music. So something would be on TV that is not dolby digital. I'd manually set the SR7005 for pro logic 2 movie. For dolby digital I'd set it for straight, or whatever it is in the receiver so it would output DD 5.1 sound. Then other times on directv the SR7005 went back to the default setting like when you open it for the first time. Some shows I would have to manually change it back to pro logic 2 movie and dolby digital 5.1. The receiver was set for last used. Yet I had to manually change the sound a lot. This is why I didn't keep the receiver.

Someone at the place I bought it from said that you have to manually change the sound to what you want for each audio source there is. Every single one of them. So if a tv show is PCM 2.0 then I have to change the receiver to pro logic 2 movie. If the tv show is digital 2.0 i have to again change the receiver to pro logic 2 movie. If the tv show is mono again I have to change the receiver. He said the receiver works and does work when set for last used. But I have to manually change it for every single format there is when they come. I call this bull crud. If the receiver works this way it's a crummy design flaw.

Anyhow now to today. I can buy an amp, it would be the Emotiva XPA-5. I can look at getting the newer Marantz models such as the SR7007 or 6 model or something. I can save for a McIntosh system. I'm serious here. Yes it'll take years but oh well. Those things are incredible the XR100 system with 7 channel mac amp for less then the older 7 channel and the 121 controller. So anything I buy now is a tide me over till I got the Mac. At that time I'd move my stuff to another room in the house and use the Mac in my own room.

One thing that bothers me is how Mac is supposed to be such a high end company yet they use the same remote on the 121 as the 7005 Marantz. They use the same UI too. So then I wonder if the MX121 is going to have the same soiund remembering issue as the SR7005 Marantz. And with the new Marantz receivers I'm wondering if they use the same UI as the 7005 thus having the same issues.

Thanks guys.

I may regret wading into this, but FWIW, your post could not be more ...vague smile.gif?

Before "accusing" others not having an interest, perhaps you can revise you post to make it clearer to what exactly you are looking for? Maybe it is just me, but apparently from lack of response from many others, not many would understand what PCM 2.0 is, what is manual and what is the default setting ...etc. It is more of a ranting to attract those having the same problem/situation, as only those in the same boat would understand.

In other words, if you asked the question "should I go w/ the sr7007, based on my needs as follows.." then there would have been some answers.

If I may, make your questions specific, with many "yes, no", and a few "how to" then you'll get an audience.

And don't shoot the messenger!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page