Opinions on receivers, looking for insight on these - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-09-2013, 04:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi guys gals, im new to the forums. my brother highly recommended this site to learn more about audio/video equipment. i purchased a house that had 3 zones setup. family room surround sound outlets ran in wall, a 4 room ceiling speaker system with IR/volume control wall panels, and outdoor weather speakers. all 3 zones are accessible in corner of my family room.

im looking now into upgrading my receiver as i have a OLD sony receiver with composite only. previous owner had home made componet cabling ran through wall to above my fireplace. going to be fishing it out and replacing with some HDMI cables i got from monoprice.

here are the 3 receivers i am looking at. can someone help me out a little. i think i all of these are what im looking for except 1 does not have air play.

my requirements are this. HDMI, 3 zone with zone 2 or 3 able to run at same time as 1. possibly Air Play.

Receivers:
Denon AVR-3312
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/DENAVR3312CI/DENON-AVR-3312CI-7.2-Integrated-Network-A/V-Surround-Receiver-w/AirPlay/1.html
Denon AVR-3313
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/DENAVR3313CI/DENON-AVR-3313CI-7.2-Networking-Receiver-w/AirPlay-3D-4K-Ready/1.html
Denon AVR-4310
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/DENAVR4310CI/DENON-AVR-4310CI-7.1-Channel-Home-Theater-Receiver-w/Networking/1.html

also, why does the 4310 require 2 remotes?

i would like to be able to be in other room (zone 2) or outside (zone 3) and activate some music while my wife or kids are watching tv (zone 1) all from the Denon app on my iphone. atleast i think this is possible.

any info would be much appreciated. thanks everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-09-2013, 04:28 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1437 Post(s)
Liked: 1608
Unless the 4310's network card has been replaced, the unit would likely have to be returned if/when it fails .. it also doesn't have Airplay so I'd strike it from your list. The 3313CI has a more effective use of Airplay in that it can play Airplay to Zones 2/3 while allowing another source to play in the main zone (the 3312CI cannot do this). To power the 4-zone in ceiling speakers, you can either use your old Sony receiver connected to the Zone 2 pre-outs with the speakers connected to a 4-zone impedance matching speaker selector., or if you want to split 1 or 2 of the rooms as Zone 3, you can power these off the 3313CI Surr Back/Amp Assign speaker posts (set as Zone 3) if you only plan on a 5.1 setup in the main zone.

Review the following post for Zone 2/3 source limitations ....

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1334369/the-official-denon-avr-xx12-model-owners-thread/0_100#user_M

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 3 Old 01-09-2013, 05:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
thanks for the info, well the 4 room ceiling speaker zone has a 2 pair RCA hookup wallplate with a small power cable (which i currently just use 1 pair with RCA to 3.5mm into iphone, not sure what other pair is for) and the outdoor speakers go to a wallplate with red/black wire hookup for each speaker. what i thought i could do was use the assignable hookups on the back of receiver, assign to zone 2 for example, and could somehow convert them to the RCA and just plug them into the RCA wall plate for the 4 room setup.

i know i probably sound confusing and i apologize for that.

can i use and of the RCA hookups on the back. for example zone 2 RCA plugs directly to the RCA plugs on my wall plate?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page