Do I keep this Denon 2312 since my 3808 is back from Best Buy repair?? - AVS Forum
Receivers, Amps, and Processors > Do I keep this Denon 2312 since my 3808 is back from Best Buy repair??
avatar9's Avatar avatar9 01:32 AM 01-10-2013
I purchased this as a best buy loaner got the 2312 for <$350 no box remote or mic but has full warranty. Do i keep this in case my 3808 has more problems since 3808 only has a few months of warranty left? I don't need any features it has I just feel like the price is to good to return it, even though the 3808 has a richer fuller sound. I have to decide fast so anyone had any problems with denons after best buy repair?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

davidbarrickman's Avatar davidbarrickman 05:27 PM 01-18-2013
Forgive my post over in the 4520 thread, I can see now that you are having to deal with Best Buy on this and going to another dealer isn't an option. If you can't get a 4311 through them or one of the stores in their "region" (I was able to get one NIB in early Nov last year, they shipped it to my local store for pick up) then I personally understand springing for the 4520 over the 3313. If I wasn't so invested in using Denon Link 3/4 with a DBP-A100 I would be very tempted to upgrade to the 4520, but as Sound of Mind pointed out the new Denon Link HD is not backward compatible with our players...hope everything works out OK with BB and maybe you can get them to cut you a discount. I've noticed lately they are more willing to do this than in the past.
davidbarrickman's Avatar davidbarrickman 08:45 PM 01-18-2013
To be 100% clear, "they" was another BB store in a state next to the one I live in, NOT bestbuy.com. So perhaps ask the Magnolia salesperson at the Best Buy Batpig recommended to check inventory within their "region" to see if any 4311s are left anywhere. You might be able to have them ship it to the store, or worst case scenario maybe take a drive to get a good deal...in my case I paid up front and it took about 2 weeks for it to arrive from Ohio to Kentucky store. Not necessarily trying to talk out of getting the "discontinued" (LOL) 4520 but perhaps give you another option with BB to pursue....good luck!
avatar9's Avatar avatar9 09:32 PM 01-19-2013
Thanks I actually tried today, had them check in inventory. Wasn't in their inventory but they felt bad about it since 2520 was $500 more so they price matched me to buy.com price I found for a $200, discount then they gave me original retail value on my 3808 even though I had bought that on sale 3.5 years ago. So all in all with the geek squad protection I gambled and won(gotta pay to play), and should be really happy with the 4520 from what I understand also got another protection plan, what the heck. Definitely don't need the 2312 at all now so that will go back when my 4520 is here this week!
davidbarrickman's Avatar davidbarrickman 10:58 PM 01-19-2013
Congrats on your new 4520, yeah I do the extended warranty/geek squad thing too, good to hear they gave you full retail value on your 3808 plus a discount on the 4520. Please report back would love to hear your impressions of the 4520 vs the 3808 and the 2312...I am oh so very tempted to upgrade from my 4311 (I also have a problematic 4310 that has been to Denon factory service in NJ recently and came back with the same intermittent HD FM radio problem...may let the geeks have a go with it before my coverage expires). Hope everything works out well for you. smile.gif
avatar9's Avatar avatar9 01:28 AM 01-21-2013
I don't think there is enough on the 4520 to make it worth the trouble of switching from the 4311, I would stick with it until Denon offers more of a reason to upgrade. Make sure you get that 4310 over to geek squad ASAP to see what they can do, you never know you might end up with a 4520 in the end any way.
Theresa's Avatar Theresa 04:27 AM 01-21-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar9 View Post

I don't think there is enough on the 4520 to make it worth the trouble of switching from the 4311, I would stick with it until Denon offers more of a reason to upgrade. Make sure you get that 4310 over to geek squad ASAP to see what they can do, you never know you might end up with a 4520 in the end any way.

I found the 4520 to be enough of an upgrade to justify the price difference between it and the 4311 which frankly surprised me. I've posted my observations in another forum on this site.
davidbarrickman's Avatar davidbarrickman 04:58 AM 01-21-2013
Thanks avatar9 and Theresa, not sure what I am going to do, I could send the 4310 back to NJ for round 2 repair but worry about Fed Ex shipping and unit being damaged. I have read your observations about the 4520 Theresa, thanks for posting them.
avatar9 when you get your 4520 home and set up, please report back, I would be interested in your observations as well. Thx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar9 View Post

I found the 4520 to be enough of an upgrade to justify the price difference between it and the 4311 which frankly surprised me. I've posted my observations in another forum on this site.

avatar9's Avatar avatar9 04:05 PM 01-21-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa View Post

Well that is great news...I kind of figure Denon is less focused on SQ and more on adding little extra's when it comes to upgrades. I am happy to hear your experience has been otherwise.
Up
Mobile  Desktop