2 Channel System. Help needed. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-10-2013, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would like to thank those in advance for helping assist me in putting a system together that is strickly for music listening via my Ipod.

I have a room that is about 9 feet wide by about 15 to 16 feet deep. I am looking at a Harmon Kardon 3490 reciever or a second hand or new Yamaha RX-777. I own a NHT subwoofer and plan to purchase a MA-1 sub woofer amp or a SA-2 subwoofer amp (NHT products). I would like some input on these recievers or maybe even a 2 channel reciever that I am not aware of that can suit these needs. I like a lot of power, clearity and it must thunder. I like listening to music very loud and clear, with a lot of non distorted bass. Speakers: I have limited room and need some bookshelf speakers. I listened to the Bowers and Wilkerson CM 1's and man I am pretty impressed by the sound that comes from these little guys. I can not go any larger than the CM1's. They say that they must be mounted 2 feet from the wall. That might be a problem since they are rear ported. Any input of an equal sound quality that I can move closer to the wall?

Thanks for your thoughts.

P.S. It's going into my 40 foot RV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-10-2013, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had the HK 3490 powering a set of Epos m22i speakers that have a sensitivity rating of 87dB/2.83V/1m (impedance 6 ohms) and had no problem.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-10-2013, 10:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I have a pair a Gallo Stradas that are wall mounted that I'm pretty satisfied with. Sealed design make them easier to integrate witha sub imo. mine are paired with a couple velodyne contractor series subs (built in to a custom cabinet). My previous system were massive Von schweikert vr4.5's, which are superior sonically on the midrange, but it's not a blowout.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page