Denon AVR2809CI vs. Denon AV3312CI? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 2 Old 01-11-2013, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Ignoring price and internet , streaming, app, etc related features (i.e. in terms of what difference I'd see while watching movies, listening to much). What differences are there, and how much difference would be noticeable.
as I received a AVR3312ci virtually new, and before I take my current AVR2809ci down, I was wondering how much it'd be worth it , or if I should just sell the AVR3312ci .
Current speaker setup approx. 10x24 room, Klipsch RF82II fronts, RF64II Center: Klipsch RF62II surrounds, SVS 23-29cs cylinder sub.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 Old 01-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6258 Post(s)
Liked: 3017
Sound wise should be no difference. Although another additional feature on the 3312CI is the Audyssey Dyn EQ "Reference Level Offset" setting which is especially helpful when used with TV and music sources to reduce the bass/surround boost at volume levels below reference level (ie. 0db/81) which then results in more clear center channel dialogue. This feature can however, be replicated on the 2809CI by changing the Source Level setting for the TV or music source to -10db which then requires you to raise the master volume setting 10db higher. As the master volume level approaches 0db (81), the bass/surround boost is decreased.

"JD" - Sales - Call 585-645-1006 for setup and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily
Authorized dealer: Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, Parasound, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
Sponsored Links
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Denon Avr 2809ci 7 1 Channel Multizone Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page