Help: Onkyo TX-SR606 no picture during setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-11-2013, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hello,

I got new Speakers for Christmas, and wanted to reconfigure settings for Subwoofer Crossover, ect. We'd moved furniture, so I wanted to redo Audessey setup, also.

Audessey reran. But I had to navigate based on the little messages that pop up on the AVR Display. It's connected to my HDTV, but I get no *picture* with all the messages that the manual says I'm supposed to see while running Audessey.

My PS3 is also connected to the TV via the AVR. The PS3 runs. Audio and Video. I have a BluRay in right now. If I plug the Audessey in (or, if I just hit "setup", per the manual for Advanced Settings on Page 72), the HDTV screen goes black. If I hit settings again, or unplug the Audessey, the HDTV and Speakers go back to playing the PS3.

I've done the VCR+Power factory reset. That didn't help. Anybody have any thoughts/ideas/tips? Am I doing something wrong? Clearly my wires/cables are connected properly, because I can see/hear the PS3. I just can't do any AVR configuring.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-11-2013, 12:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
the 606 is notorious for hdmi problems.if you do a little searching,you will see what i mean...I have had the same problem your desribing but i find that if power down the receiver the osd reappears.mine just loses the osd menu and oddessy setup.never had problems with dropping hdmi signals as many describe.good luck..
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Sr606 Receiver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page