htr-4065 receiver - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-11-2013, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Steelers01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I wonder if someone can help me out? I just purchased a Yamaha HTR-4065 from Costco, can I connect my powered subwoofer to this receiver? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Steelers01 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 Old 01-11-2013, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Yosh70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sask. Canada
Posts: 2,023
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
So reading the owners manual doesnt tell you anything?

And the back of the receiver doesnt have a sub pre-out?
Yosh70 is offline  
post #3 of 6 Old 01-11-2013, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Steelers01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Shortly after purchasing was told by a friend that only the higher end receivers have the connection for powered sub. I am new to this I just assumed that all receivers have connections for non powered and powered subs.
Steelers01 is offline  
post #4 of 6 Old 01-11-2013, 09:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
afrogt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 23,409
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers01 View Post

I wonder if someone can help me out? I just purchased a Yamaha HTR-4065 from Costco, can I connect my powered subwoofer to this receiver? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Quote:
Shortly after purchasing was told by a friend that only the higher end receivers have the connection for powered sub. I am new to this I just assumed that all receivers have connections for non powered and powered subs.

Well, your friend doesn't know better...

Yes you can connect a powered sub to this receiver. And entry level receivers have subwoofer outputs.

The back of reciever has a subwoofer out. Have you opened the box and looked at your receiver?
AudioCarlos likes this.

Afro GT
afrogt is offline  
post #5 of 6 Old 01-11-2013, 10:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Yosh70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sask. Canada
Posts: 2,023
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

The back of reciever has a subwoofer out. Have you opened the box and looked at your receiver?

Lol, obviously he'd rather take the time to join a forum and post his question than read the manual or just look at the receiver. rolleyes.gif
Pugnax555 likes this.
Yosh70 is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 03-20-2013, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Steelers01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post


Well, your friend doesn't know better...

Yes you can connect a powered sub to this receiver. And entry level receivers have subwoofer outputs.

The back of reciever has a subwoofer out. Have you opened the box and looked at your receiver?
Steelers01 is offline  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off