Outlaw 975 with emo XP 5 ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-12-2013, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I have been trying to order the emotiva umc 200 and the xp 5 amp, but hey keep moving the shiping date on the umc 200 back, it was jan 10, now jan 31, I need both the amp and prepro, so now I am considering switching to the outlaw 975 prepro and the emo xp 5 amp. I would wait for the umc, but I no onger trust their shipping dates, opinions ? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-12-2013, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The ship date for the UMC-200 isn't being pushed back, it's just displaying when the next stock is being sent out to customers.
For example, customers who purchased before January 10th, but after December 24th, would have their UMC-200 shipped to them on the January 10th shipment.
So you can purchase the UMC-200 now, but it wont be ship out to you until around January 30th.

If you're interested in buying the UMC-200 (and the XPA-5), I'd recommend that you go ahead and purchase it now while the Emotiva holiday sale is still going on.

Also, I have the UMC-200/XPA-5 combo (speakers are the B&W 683s and htm61) and I highly recommend it. The combo has been a huge step up from the A/V Reciever I was using (Onkyo TX-NR808.)
I haven't used the outlaw 975 though, so I wouldn't be able to compare the two.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-12-2013, 07:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I guess it would depend on if you don't mind waiting on a somewhat uncertain time frame. Emotiva has often been out of stock on amps, etc. I don't think Outlaw has had the same issues as their amp manufacturer is domestic. That's one advantage to having stuff built in the US., at least as far as their amps are concerned, there is no ocean to cross.

One note, there are some differences between the 2 processors, the Outlaw, while having legacy inputs and upscaling, has no room correction. The UMC has the room correction(although a pretty basic version) but no legacy inputs or video upscaling. The UMC price will probably go up in price after their sale ends on the 15th, to 699. So you could save yourself 150 bucks if the Outlaw 975 works for you.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page