New Receiver Suggestions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-14-2013, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All,

Looking for some opinions. I have a Paradigm Monitor setup. Monitor 7 v3 front, c-370 center, monitor 3 v3’s rear, adp-170 surrounds and ps1000 sub with my projector and Samsung pn60e550. Maybe a bit of a dated speaker setup by today’s standard but it suits for right now. I am looking at purchasing a new receiver. Previously I was using a Denon that was purchased at the same time as the speakers. It lasted 10+ years, but bit the dust last year. I don’t remember the model. I have been using an OLD pioneer vsx-d308 since (i think is the model).

I have narrowed down replacements to Denon, Yamaha and Pioneer in the sub 500 price range. I realize there are other good brands out there (Onkyo, HK, Marantz) but in an effort to make a selection I have narrowed down to these three brands. I'm looking for some opinions on a good match for my speakers from a power and sound perspective.

Looking at the following:

Denon AVR-1613 / 1713
Pioneer VSX-1020 / 1120
Yamaha RXV473 / 573

Looking at these models because they support AirPlay and remote control apps, they have the necessary number of HDMI ports I require and decent equalizer modes and setup mode, albeit different. I am not completely opposed to Onkyo, but I have read about reliability issues. I am not sure if this still affects these newer models (TX-NR616 for example).

Any insights, suggestions or opinions would be greatly welcomed! I know the monitor speakers like lots of good clean power. I want a receiver that can deliver and make these speakers sound like intended.

Thanks
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page