Looking for a new receiver for dedicated media room - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-14-2013, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In my new house I am going to pre-wire for an 11.3 type setup in the media room and will need a new AVR. I currently have a Denon 4308CI (about 4 years old) that only does 7.1. I'd like to be able to output independent HDMI signals to 2 or more separate zones as well if possible w/o an HDMI matrix switch. the closest I could find is the Denon 5308 and that is only 9.3. What newer receivers are out there and when are all the next generation AVR's going to be available?

I currently have a 7.1 setup but want to future proof the wiring before the Sheetrock goes up next week. My speakers are Definitive Technology all around, L/C/R have powered subs built in but I want a dedicated SVS type sub. I will wire my living room to my current Denon 4308.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-14-2013, 04:10 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 749 Post(s)
Liked: 1413
The new Denon 4520CI (9.2 ; 11.2 with external amp) is the current successor to the 4308CI and will fit the bill. It includes a Zone 4(HDMI) output capable of independent source than playing in the main zone as well as dual main zone parallel outputs. It also includes a 4-port ethernet hub as well. Its replacement won't be released any earlier than Oct.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1430049/the-official-denon-avr-4520ci-thread/0_100

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page