AV7701 Remote Control Preset code help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-16-2013, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Setting up my new AV7701. I'm a Cable One subscriber with a Motorola Model DCT6412 III box with HDMI. I can turn sytem on, use volume control and select inputs using the AV7701 remote, however i can't change channels using the AV remote. I'm assuming I need the pre-set code for the cable box, but it's not listed in the manual. Does any one know what the code is for the Motorola model or where I can find info on this issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-16-2013, 05:50 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 1300
Try 0476, 1376, and 0276, otherwise I'd give Cable One a call and ask them.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 3 Old 01-17-2013, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
jdsmoothie...thanks for the reply. Yes, i tried these codes after doing a 'google' search for the Motorola dct6200 model cable box and found these preset codes in the FAQ's section. However, the Marantz AV7701 seems to be looking for cable box codes only in the 4xxx range. When entering the above preset codes in the marantz AV remote control, I get the "NG" response in the display window. I also found it curious that the Motorola brand is not even represented in the list of preset codes located at the end of the manual.

Not all is lost, though. I was able to enter a Marantz preset code into the Cable One remote (Universal Electronics, model Atlas OCAp 5-device (www.urcsupport.com)) allowing me to at least turn on the AV7701, cable box/TV, and operate the volume and channel select buttons. My goal is still to use only one remote, the Marantz AV7701, to control/operate all of my audio/media equipment.

Lastly, I did call Cable One tech support and they were not able to assist in solving the issue. I did find out the Cable one will be introducing a new "TIVO" type set-top box in the Spring allowing for multiple DVR program recordings and the ability to watch a recorded program on a different connected TV.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page