To what receiver should I upgrade for my Energy Veritas Speaker setup? Marantz SR7007, Denon AVR-2313CI, Yamaha RX-A2020, or Cambridge 651R? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-18-2013, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking for some help to jump start a new receiver section. I have not looked at receivers for a while...

I have currently the following setup:
Mains: Energy Veritas 2.3i
Center: Energy Veritas 2.0ci
Side and rears: 4x Energy Veritas 2.0Ri
Energy sub
http://www.hometheatersound.com/equipment/energy_veritas_v23i_v20ci_v2or1_exls12.htm

And I have the Yamaha RX-V2400 as the receiver. Please apologize that I already posted "looking for a RX-V2400 replacement". But I didn't get very far and i did some more research in the meantime. I liked the sound of the Yamaha. But I really want a true 7.1 receiver and the HDMI for full audio.

My setup is connected to a HTPC. Therefore, I don't really need features like Pandora, air play, Sirius,... But most receivers seem to come with it.
As a result somebody suggested a Cambridge receiver.

It seems that Marantz gets very good reviews for music listening. Some reviewers seem to think that other brands are better for movies.
Denon's seem to have the reputation to be not as bright as Yamaha.
Cambridge seem to get very good audio reviews. But I don't know much about the movie performance. Also, I am not sure if there are limitations with automated speaker setup.

Some models I looked at:
• Yamaha RX-A2020
• Cambridge Azur 651R
• Marantz SR7007
• Denon AVR-2313CI

I guess they all have similar features (except Cambridge). So, it comes down to audio quality. There might be others that I should consider.

Of course, it would be best to actually listen to them. But it becomes more and more difficult to find stores or try them at home with my speaker/room setup.

So, I am looking for some insights....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-18-2013, 08:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 401
Do the Veritas speakers require a lot of power? Is it advisable to connect an external amp? If so you don't want the Denon 2313 since it doesnt' have preamp outputs. You'd need the 3313 for that.

Afro GT
post #3 of 3 Old 01-19-2013, 06:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don't think the speakers need an external amp. The speakers are 8 Ohm. They can take up to 200W. But the Yamaha RX-V2400 did just fine in terms of powering the whole set.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 2313ci Receiver , Yamaha Rx A2020 9 2 Channel Network Aventage Av Receiver , Marantz Sr7007 Home Theater Av Receiver
Gear in this thread - 2313ci by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page