Pioneer VSX-1022-K vs. Denon AVR 1713 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-18-2013, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Ok, so I've I recently put together a modest 3.0 system consisting of two Polk Audio Tsi300 and a CS10. I'm currently using the Pioneer VSX-1022-K. So far, things sound fine but a couple of things concern me.

I have tried everything to get the MCACC to work but it just won't. I can't even get to the menu screen to initiate setup. Now, I realize with a 3.0 system I can live without MCACC setup but I'd like to at least be able to get it to work for when I do add speakers in the near future. The unit also stands a bit tall and the top is quite close to the bottom of my cabinet. This hasn't been an issue so far but, but I can imagine it could be with more speakers (with adjusted levels).

I've done some research on the Denon AVR1713 and it seems like the replacement I've initially always wanted (5.1, 2 zone, front HDMI, under 6" tall).

Is the Denon a good alternative to my current system, or should I just get a replacement for my 1022. I love the way it sounds and looks but, like I've said, it does have a few issues that cause me pause.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 08:24 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1981 Post(s)
Liked: 1748
Audyssey can EQ 3 speakers (or even 2 speakers) just as it can a full 5.1 setup on the 1713. Note also that should you decide to add a dedicated sub in the future, that Audyssey can EQ the sub whereas MCACC cannot. Although MCACC does allow "tweaking" of the EQ curve, if you cannot get it to run at all ... well. .. rolleyes.gif

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Old 01-20-2013, 10:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I believe 1022 use the simple mcacc while the 1021, 1121, 1122, 1222 and all sc elites use advanced mcacc. Im very impressed with adv mcaccc i like much better than my audessey xt on my denon 3311.

Maybe the simple mcacc does not has all nices features that advanced mcacc does. Mcacc does not eq sub but there is an option called "Standing wave" you select the sub and can create an eq for sub by adding some filters. Impressive results. Advanced mcacc is more complex than audessey but really worthy.

If you cant get the mcacc menu then something should be wrong. Try to do the firmware upgrade. I was unable to get the netwoek seetings until I did the fw upgrade and fixed the problem.

Tags
Denon Avr 1713 Receiver , Pioneer Vsx 1022 K 560w 7 Channel A V Receiver