Purple has replaced blue color on HDMI/DVI-connected Samsung HDTV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-18-2013, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
All of a sudden, a deep purple has replaced that blue color on my Samsung HDTV. I am running the cable through my AVR 1912. I have been using AVR 1912 with Samsung HDTV for two years without any issues related to TV picture color. Otherwise, TV image is clean and clear....no lines; no fuzzy image; just very purple....I am perplexed. I tested the TV by bypassing the HDMI cable into the AVR 1912 and viewing TV image straight from cable box...no color problems whatsoever. I have updated my firmware as of yesterday. I have changed HDMI input ports. I have checked TV image using other inputs (APPLE TV and DVD) with same purple problem. I have completed a factory reset as well as reset microprocessor. How can I fix this without driving to Norcross, GA to see Regional Repair Shop? I like purple because I went to ECU, but come on! smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-19-2013, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
have you tried replacing the HDMI cable between the AVR and the TV?

Steve S.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-19-2013, 11:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Did you update the firmware because this happened, or did this happen after the firmware update.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-19-2013, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thank you for your posting. I updated the firmware after the purple showed up. Today, I replaced the DVI - HDMI cable with same purple color. It is so weird to see a beautiful ocean or sky scene--both are purple. I will change out to another HDTV (small one) to see if that changes anything. I thought it may be the slight aged HDTV (DLP) but the color is fine when I sent the cable directly to the TV and not through the AVR 1912. Any help would be appreciated.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-19-2013, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
Also try some non-HDMI inputs and outputs (composite, S-video etc) on the AVR to see if the problem is confined to HDMI board or a general video chip fault.

Audiosceptics accept audio trials using 25 people. A recent Oxford study with over 353,000 patient records from 639 separate clinical trials shows for every 1,000 people taking diclofenac or ibuprofen there would be 3 additional heart attacks, 4 more cases of heart failure and 1 death every year.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page