Upgrade from Pioneer 1021k? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-19-2013, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 1021k with Energy speakers and sub in a 7.1 setup. I'm pretty happy with the sound and love the iOS control. It's buggy at times but overall quite nice to stream audio to it.
I know that this model has been replaced with the 1022 and this year another new model will surely be released (soon?). I also see lots of talk about Pioneer Elite...
I would greatly appreciate some advice if I were to stick with Pioneer, as to possible and recommended upgrade paths. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-20-2013, 09:25 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
You should wait and see the new models that are coming out soon. I own a denon 3311 and a pioneer 1222 and the pioneer is way better on terms of audio definition. Its really awesome. 1021 has advanced mcacc in which personally i consider it way better than audessey xt. My whole system got a new life with this receiver.

Onkyo is going to release new avrs by march. I believe pioneer sometime after onkyo. If you want to stay with Pioneer I really recommend you to get pioneer avr with D3 amps. A friend of mine has 1021; same as you and if you have nice ears you can notice the difference between d3 amps and ab amps. 1021 is a good avr, 1121 too. But for tne price of 1121 you can get the 1222 for $550 new! (newegg).
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page