Toggling between TV's audio and receiver's audio? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-19-2013, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm trying to create a setup where I can simply turn my TV on and listen to the audio (cable box) without having to turn on the receiver and go through the whole setup with 5.1 on while watching the news. Also my girlfriend is not very tech savvy and has issues with turning everything on to the correct setting. Is there a way to do this without going through the HDMI "Monitor"?

Ideally, I'd like to turn on my Denon 2313 receiver when I want to and use the TV's speakers for majority of my tv usage. How can this be accomplished? I've tried multiple settings and nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-19-2013, 05:19 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 769 Post(s)
Liked: 1431
Most AVRs today to include the 2313CI have an HDMI Standby Pass through feature which will pass the HDMI audio/video through the AVR when it's in Standby mode on to the TV. Simply set the AVR's HDMI Control (p. 111 OM) setting to ON and the Standby Source (p. 111 OM) to the source you want to pass through. An even easier configuration is to simply connect the cable/sat box HDMI directly to the TV with optical cable from the cable/sat box to the AVR. This way all she has to use is the cable/sat box remote, although an even better investment would be a Harmony remote which would very likely be able to control every device in your setup.

For more questions on your 2313CI, join us in the Denon AVR-XX13 Owner's thread linked in my sig. Review posts #3-6 in that thread for more helpful information.
DrGregory23 likes this.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 3 Old 01-19-2013, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you for your quick reply. This worked!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page