Suggestions on the proper receiver for me - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-23-2013, 06:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking for suggestions on the proper receiver for my setup. I am working on my theater room now. I am going to be running Martin Logan motion 12's for my fronts with a motion C for the center channel and a Klipsch 12d for my sub. I'm not completely sure yet on what I will be running for the surrounds but it will be a 7.2 system. I am also planning on using a couple speakers in my pool table room that will have a wall mounted tv for anyone watching in there and want to be able to use those as a second zone (for when we might be watching a football game or something.) I will be running a Panasonic 8000u as my projector. My signal will be coming from a Dish Network HD box and a blue ray player and/or a pc. I was wondering if I am better going with something lower end on the receiver end and running an external amp to drive the speakers or what my other options would be. I would honestly like to keep the cost of the receiver under $750 or so. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-23-2013, 06:33 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
1. Pioneer SC-61
2. Denon 2113
3. Onkyo 809

Do a research between those 3; and choose the one that best fits you. I vote for Pioneer because of its outstanding sound quality and video upscaling feature; also an awesome calibration system (Advanced MCACC); not as easy as Audessey but very powerful with excellent results; followed by Denon 2113 which has Audessey XT and 4k upscaling; then Onkyo which has lots of features and also has Audessey XT.

The Pioneer SC-1222 is exaclty the same as the SC-61; except that is not the Elite lines and does not has 12v trigger which also is under your $750 range.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-23-2013, 07:11 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Is the 12v trigger so when you turn the receiver on it would power your projector? Any other advantages / disadvantages for not having a 12v trigger? I have really been leaning towards the sc-1222, especially since newegg has had it on sale. It seems like it would do all the things I need it to do. I am really wanting to hold out for the onkyo 818 to go back on sale but it doesn't look like that is happening anytime soon. Is it that much better overall then the ones listed above?
post #4 of 4 Old 01-23-2013, 09:34 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
I'm not an expert on the 12v trigger. I know when you use an external amp it will powers up the amp when powering on the receiver. Not sure if it works for projector; maybe it does. If you can get the 818 for the price $750-$800 then would be an awesome choice too. But between 809 or SC-61; I prefer the SC61.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page