Yamaha RX-A3020 and OPPO 105 - audio problems - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-23-2013, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello Everyone,

I apologize if this thread has been posted before, but I could not find anything, so here it goes:

Yamaha RX-A3020 with OPPO 105; start playing a BD or DVD, Yamaha shows Dolby DTS for instance and all is good. Let's say you want to switch languages or subtitles and Yamaha goes to "Analog" and no audio out. If you switch inputs, like to Cable or Apple TV and switch back to BD player, the problem is gone. I can reproduce this issue all day, every day.

Now, if I use player's HDMI 2 out, there is no issue. Also if I set Yamaha to LPCM, I have audio all the time.

Called OPPO first and they acknowledge the problem. It looks like this is not an OPPO issue. Yamaha does not acknowledge the issue, but tells me that "most definitely it is not the player". They don't give me any solution.

Have tired two brand new out-of-the-box Yamaha and OPPO, two different firmware on both brands and nothing seems to work.

I admit that I know nothing, therefore I would highly appreciate if you guys could shed some light into this.

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-24-2013, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

I guess I am the only one with the problem or with this setup. Thank you all for your help.
post #3 of 6 Old 03-05-2013, 11:34 PM

Liked: 10
Sleepykat i have the same issue with my yamaha a3020 with my oppo 103. I'm from the uk so I presume I have to wait for the firmware.
post #4 of 6 Old 03-06-2013, 12:39 AM

Liked: 25
I am getting an Oppo 103 & was considering a Yamaha 3020 for my receiver. Now I'm wondering if this is a serious issue. That being said I don't ever switch audio tracks or language so is this the only time this happens?

post #5 of 6 Old 03-06-2013, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverphoenix123 View Post

Sleepykat i have the same issue with my yamaha a3020 with my oppo 103. I'm from the uk so I presume I have to wait for the firmware.

It should be out anytime soon!
post #6 of 6 Old 03-06-2013, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cutter View Post

I am getting an Oppo 103 & was considering a Yamaha 3020 for my receiver. Now I'm wondering if this is a serious issue. That being said I don't ever switch audio tracks or language so is this the only time this happens?

It was a considerable bad issue; Oppo worked on it and all is good at least for the US market. I am suire the fix for the other markets will be out soon. Get the 3020 (great machine) and the 103 (awesome). You should be OK.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page